March/April Gauntlet

Obligatory OCC entry (large regent 20k) finished in 1735 AD, good for a seventh place finish. Absurdly good start (four cows, wheat, couple BGs, forests, fish, and two luxuries within 3 steps of the capital) was tempered by zero SGLs for the entire game. C'est la vie.

Well, I had little time, so I played a 5CC 20K huge regent game. The start wasn't great, I had no SGLs, and I had no real wars (no units attacked or defended). It played quickly in real time, and I finished in 1822. I spent the last 70 turns doing nothing, not even researching, after realizing I'd not reach the modern age before winning.

I submitted a Huge Warlord 5cc 100k, but the submisssion page recognises it as 20k so I guess I won't get on the table. :(

Did you hit 20K before 100K, or did you manage to time it to reach both simultaneously? If you did it the same turn, I am enormously impressed.

All simultaneously, five cities with 20k each. I copied the idea from here.

Irritatingly, because of a bug, the 100k score is always a little bit higher than the sum of the 20k's. In this particular game the discrepancy was 11 points, so I could have finished with (say) 5 x 19998 cities, and made the 100k table.

So, what shall we try now? We've not done conquest recently. We could try conquest on a large map - these tables are relatively empty. I'm up for anything emperor and below. I also wouldn't mind trying diplomatic on a standard map, as the tiny diplomatic game we tried was frustrating and I'd like to replace it in my brain. Warlord would be purely a race, but there are 1000 years separating first and third place on the warlord table. No table is filled with good dates, though.

I like the idea of large conquest, what about Monarch Level

I'm sorry that I've been out of touch. RL has really got in the way the past weeks but I think that it's sorted now. (CFC is my homepage so if others use my laptop "I" go online so it may look as if I've been online but it's just my gf on her way to things like facebook!)

As the next update is not too far away I'll leave it until then. I guess that I have a few games to check first.

Glad you've returned from RL........The Avatar World......I mean [c3c] World, needs you! :lol:

Welcome Back!

yup, he seems to be very busy with other things lately. hopefully good things.

i already wanted to ask whether a HOF update would be possible some time? i am losing the overview of the boards with the games submitted in the meanwhile.

templar_x

Top Bottom