Masonry Appears Unresearched???

oldStatesman

Cybernaut
Is this a new feature? I got a notice at the beginning of my turn that I had researched masonry....yet I was in the middle of researching Mathematics which is still 7 turns away. Masonry was way back in the tree - I had skipped a lot of the early techs. Does building mines or something else eventually give you masonry anyway? Or is this a bug...TIA for any insights.

ainwood said:
What makes you think you'd researched it? Some techs have 'or' options.
I got a notice - that I had discoverd Masonry. Mr. Spock and all...;)

Masonry was way back in the tree - I had skipped it for a different path. I am researching Math - have been for a few turns.

Now I know masonry - could not have gotten it from a Barb hut as it was the beginning of my turn and there are no huts left in my territory. ( I am locked in on a small continent by the Japanese - no contact with any other Civs yet at all.

I didn't research it ...that is the question - how did I get it? :confused:

oldStatesman, bring up the text log (ctrl-tab or click icon in upper left corner) and see if it gives you any more information about why you discovered it. yes, maybe you finished the oracle or something similar that gives you a free tech.

Never mind. My bad. :blush:

I just went back and loaded the closest auto save - it seems I selected Masonry and then Mathematics somehow - I am still getting used to this tech tree. I seem to remeber the aI giving me Masonry as a recommendation and I didn't want it - I manually selected math. Didn't notice Masonry was still selected I guess.

Thanks anyway...it's a learning process.

Top Bottom