Math09: RaR, OCC, Space - take two

Yeah, the day has been longer than expected :mischief:

Roster:
Math -
B -
Smart -
Dave - GA turns !
jb - on deck

I saw this way too late to do anything about it tonight, expect to be able to get to it tomorrow night. That's a probably maybe sorta kinda got it for those keeping score. :crazyeye: After the big delay after my last set, I don't think I'll be getting quite so worried about the 48 hours. :p

Thanks a bunch for all the educational materials. I'll probably switch the build order around as suggested, if we're not so many shields into the current build that there would be waste.

Summary: Switched to Newtons, finished it, started Leo's again.
Researched Economics, Cavalry Tactics, Flintlock, Nationalism, Steam
Received Scientific Method (? or is it ToE in this mod?) as free tech

We could build Theory of Evolution or National gallery, both are 100% sci
and ToE gives another 2 free techs.

650 AD Turn 0
Put engineer back to work
Switch to Newton's so that we can reach the industrial before taking free tech from Leo's

660 AD Turn 1
Economics -> Cavalry Tactics(2)
Mongol city of Kazan completes Knights Templar

670 AD Turn 2
Zulu start Angkor Wat

680 AD Turn 3
Cavalry Tactics -> Flintlock(2)

690 AD Turn 4
Celts demand wool. Not knowing if we can safely decline, I give him what he wants.

700 AD Turn 5
Flintlock done, Enter new age, look at big picture. Select Nationalism
Newton's complete, start Leo's (10)

710 AD Turn 6
Game reports lost source of Dyes (?)

720 AD Turn 7
Zulu declare war on Korea
Nationalism-> Steam Power (2)
People want to build National Monument

730 AD Turn 8
nada

740 AD Turn 9
Steam Power -> Constitutionalism (2) [national gallery]

750 AD Turn 10
nada

Attachments

• Math09_750_AD.SAV
    239.3 KB · Views: 66
Guild Hall? Prison? I know it doesn't matter much in the long run, but each of these improvements will increase our GA shield production by 12 spt.

As for ToE, it doesn't increase our science output, so we should build it as late as possible for the greatest effect.

Just looked at the save and, *gasp*, why are our laborers not cleaning up the pollution? Oh, I see, it wasn't there on the previous turn. That's OK, I'll crack the whip.

Good news! The Mongols have two sources of coal, so we will eventually be able to trade for it.

I'll play today, after my turns in SM2.

750 AD (0)
Feudalism and Castle Building to France for Fundamentalism, World Map and 5 gold
Naval Spirit to Zululand for Stirrup, World Map and 10 gold
Naval Spirit, Heraldry and Usury to Siam for World Map, 43 gpt and 290 gold
Naval Spirit, Heraldry and Usury to Korea for World Map, 23 gpt and 155 gold
Heraldry, Siege Warfare and Stirrup to Celts for World Map, 2 gpt and 519 gold
Wool to Siam for Gold

IT: Constitutionalism >> Medicine

760 AD (1)
Switch to National Gallery

IT: Mongols demand, and get, Navigation

770 AD (2)
IT: Medicine >> Industrialization
National Gallery >> Guild Hall

780 AD (3)
Rush 10 shields for 120 gold, 90 more for 540 gold

IT: Zulu wants MPP/ROP... Not a chance.
Guild Hall >> Hospital

790 AD (4)
Rush 180 shields for 1140 gold

IT: Industrialization >> Sanitation

800 AD (5)
IT: Hospital >> Prison

810 AD (6)
Rush 130 shields for 840 gold

820 AD (7)
IT: Sanitation >> Steel
Prison >> Leonardo's Workshop

830 AD (8)
840 AD (9)
850 AD (10)
Steel due this turn. Research queued for Replaceable Parts and City Planning as freebies from Leo's. After Leo's is complete, we will have 1 turn remaining in GA. As long as we don't have pollution, we should be able to pick up Federalism on that turn. After that, we'll need Marxism, Refining, Compulsory Education and Theory of Relativity, not necessarily in that order.

On turn 7 or 8, I realized that I hadn't sold anything to the Mongols. This wasn't intentional. Since we will need to buy his extra coal, I think we should continue to sell. At this point, I would trade Theory of Warfare and Political Philosophy for all of his available gold and gpt.

Attachments

• Math09_850AD.SAV
    246.3 KB · Views: 81
So that's me up. Busy day tomorrow, will try and get to it swiftly.

:mischief:

Attachments

• Launch Time.sav
    388.7 KB · Views: 80
Nice !!! Deity ... I wonder how doable that is on C3C... certainly much much much tougher.

Playing.

T2: trade Architecture, Music Theory and PP to the mongols for 1709g + 18gpt
trade Banking to France for Olive Oil, wines and 64g.
T3: I renew the wool-coffee deal with Brennus
T9: Perspective to Temujin for his gpt and spices/dyes.

Leo's Workshop (due in 5) >> Port (1) >> Commercial Port (1, longboat+sewer short-rush) >> Park (2) >> Gutenberg's (Public School pre-build).

Steel (due) >> Steam engine (2) >> Electricity (2) >> High Explosives (free) >> City Planning (free) >> Thermo (2) >> Compulsory Education (3, due).

I say we go run after every tech we can that's cheap and wait until we make more beakers to plunge into techs that would otherwise take us 3-4 turns. Statue of Liberty will also make for a huge boost, so after public school and Gutenberg, I'd lean for those 1400 well invested shields.

Attachments

• math09_950AD.sav
    253.1 KB · Views: 73
I've kept Temujin stripped of gold and gpt for useless MA techs, worked quite fine. Right now the research path is the biggest thing that we need to discuss IMHO, the rest flows rather well.

As I said, I'd be for stalling: grabbing 1- and 2-turns techs before going for SoL, Guntenberg's and Edison's; and going up front the tech tree from there.

Roster:
Math -
B -
Smart - GA's over :(
Dave - on deck
jb -

My epic OCC on Emperor
microbe's games on Monarch and Emperor
metalhead's OCC on Deity

As for RaR, I dismissed Greece early. I underestimated the strength of the seafaring trait. The curragh's four-tiles-per-turn movement is only surpassed by its ability to cross oceans. Making contact with the other continent early and trading dual monopolies before the middle ages puts you in a very powerful position.

The most important thing right now is to get Federalism and switch from Democracy to Federal Republic. If I have counted it correctly, Federalism will be a 1-turn tech after we have built our Public School and Museum. Social Darwinism and Marxism are 2-turn techs already, so I think we should go that route first, using prebuild and 'big picture' to complete the museum on the turn we discover Marxism. Note: Public School will be complete this turn, be sure to use 'big picture' to change the build.

Metalhead's OCCD is a work of art.

Check out Oil Springs in that deity game I posted...

I learned those techs: Social Darwinism (1) => Marxism (2) => Corporation (2) => Refrigiration (2) => Federalism (1).
I decided to build Monastery for 50% research boost. I bought Incense from Mongols and built temple, just to see that I can't build it. Why? :eek:
Revolt at the turn 10, got 1 turn of anarchy (we are religious).
I have planted 3 forests, we can plant one more, on cow. Will it dissapear if we will plant forest?
Build order: Public School => Museum => Temple => Matket => Fishery => Guttenberg's.
Siamese have destroyed Egypt, French have built the GLib.

Save: Math09_1050AD.SAV

If you look real close, you might see that we already have a Monastery. Beorn sold our first temple.

Will the cow disappear? That's a noobie question. How long have you been playing? :)
(No, resources do not disappear when you plant/clear forests or clear jungles/marshes.)

Isn't today Monday? And I mean the today of your post date ? ;)

Top Bottom