Matrix1 - Ziggurat Addiction

7T is for the 3rd ring but we need the 4th. So we need culture, and a library does us more good. Myst is fast to research anyways, but we'll have either one or both before the GW is finished and the settler gets planted. There's also OB to consider, to see the guts of Ethiopia and whether metal denial can give us a significant military advantage.

The copper isn't in the third ring? Huh. So then how about Mysticism -> Writing? We'll want a monument in the cap regardless of culture for the +1 happy.

Right, Cha. Myst > Writing it is.

Also, I didn't insist on it in the turnlog but that archer still roams our W-NW. Take care of the worker when it's close to the border, think of keeping the fogbuster within defensive range at all time.

Remember, I'm an idiot.

Pink dot. Three wasted sea tiles. Grabs copper in with one border expansion. Grabs wheat, cow, copper. One overlap. Build settler and worker. Slows opportunity to run scientists in capital. Chance of losing the amazing site.

Just for discussion. :crazyeye:

Pink dot. Three wasted sea tiles. Grabs copper in with one border expansion. Grabs wheat, cow, copper. One overlap. Build settler and worker. Slows opportunity to run scientists in capital. Chance of losing the amazing site.

You forgot "one off the coast" :p

You forgot "one off the coast"
yeah, but... :lol: Seriously, I haven't done the math, but this is probably the fastest plant to get copper hooked up other than B's green dot.

I also forgot "no fresh water" :nya:

Hmm... looking at that picture again, is the Bay of Incense a closed sea? Coastal cities that aren't useful ports annoy me.

think of those 3 wasted sea tiles as desert. Is it really that bad a city? When do we actually get to work all tiles in the BFC? 4 hills. 5 forests. quick copper. Look at it as a production city.

Maybe as our 3rd city? if we really want to grab amazing?

I agree on Admiral Idiot's city site. I never understood the one-off-coast problem. What are we really giving up here? It's a better short and medium term city this way.

With Wheat and Cow it has +6 food to work the copper and a few hills. The Cow city could be settled on the white dot then

I don't think however we should settle it first, I prefer the AMAZING site first. Barbs can't enter borders in a few turns time, so we only need not to get DOW'ed early.

There is a certain ominous pinkness to that dot, that is for certain. I didn't consider it because of the 1-off coast argument, but it does have 5 great tiles. The sea does look closed off but then again the bottom of the continent could be a big S ... too early to tell.

Should we put fumes city west on the coast, it'll have wheat and 6 good coast tiles including clams, so I guess the question is whether we want copper and 1 more hill while being strapped for food or clam and coast while rushing to 150 culture. We lose the direct copper but we do gain enough food to raise pop and mine hills if we so wish. I'm still for the coast: more tiles worked faster thanks to the food. C3C made me a food addict like that.

If we go on a settling spree after GW, we could also settle the double fish site with the copper (4th or 5th city or so), it's good enough to be a GPfarm (if we want one) for quite some time, and has the copper to help build some stuff.

Boy, the copper-rice site really sucks btw

Well both ways of getting copper seem fine to me. Why don't we just go ahead and settle the amazing site, and then when we have our next settler after that, see what's available.

Well both ways of getting copper seem fine to me. Why don't we just go ahead and settle the amazing site, and then when we have our next settler after that, see what's available.
sounds like a plan.

If no objections, I'll grab if IO doesn't by tomorrow.

Roster:

MtK
HT
MH
B just went
IO << Back on the 18th, therefore UP
AK << On deck
kol (hiatus)

I'm here!

And I have Civ!

So I'm to say...

GOT IT!!

And I'll look over the suggestions (commands?) and play either tomorrow or the next day, I promise. After all, both of those days are weekends.

:bump: Week-end is over, any progress?

Ask again in three hours.

Damned parties... you can't NOT go to them, you know what I mean?

Top Bottom