Max 60 Improvements shown in build queue button

Isak

Civ4 Scenario Designer
In the Double Your Pleasure mod we have about 75 improvements and 75 wonders, and have encountered a slight problem with the Build Queue button.

The Build Queue button gets its graphics from the Buildings-large.pcx located in the Art/City Screen folder, and this works fine for all our wonders which show up just fine in the button. Most of our improvements do too, except those above the 60th slot in the Buildings-large.pcx file. They do not show up. We can add as many wonders as we like above the 60th slot, and they all show up just fine, but if we put improvements in the same slots, they do not appear.

Apparently, it is hard-coded in the .exe, that when loading graphics for improvements, slots above number 60 are not checked.

Can anyone confirm this? I hope my assumptions are wrong, even though the effect is of course only cosmetic. The improvements work fine, and can be selected and built - their icons just don't appear......

I'm very vain, though and would like if it was possible to get this fixed. ;)

Firaxis....please

wouldn't it be possible (but tedious) to move all of the game's original wonders to the bottom of the queue to give more space for improvements? The order would also have to be changed in the editor of course

Thanks Mr. B - much appreciated. :goodjob:

Pesoloco: We already have reordered all buildings so Improvements are now first in the list - but with 75 improvements it's a bit hard to keep them below the 60th slot ;)

Originally posted by Mike B. FIRAXIS
OK, this will be fixed. I hate it when art is hard-coded.

Cool. I've been wondering about this myself actually. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Top Bottom