Max level - no AI cheat

The problem with the way it is now is that on harder levels the AI just gets bonuses to help make up for it's stupidity. I'll never expect the AI to be perfect but the way to beat the AI on the hardest levels usually involves exploiting the AI's stupidity. The AI gets a tech lead and is able to build a bunch if units but it it doesn't know how to use them so you can defeat their army with a less advanced and smaller army. The AI gets gold bonuses which you can take advantage of by selling them stuff they don't need and they are too stupid to say no and they don't know how to spend their gold anyway.

I wish the AI was smarter on harder levels as opposed to just getting bonuses to overcome it's stupidity. As it is now the AI just gets a ton of advantages so it can mindlessly throw tons of units at you and be happy, rich, and advanced in technology for free.

Actually the release version would crash every half our or so for me, whenever anything had to load it would take absurd amounts of time (still does, but less, thank god) and the graphics would spaz out every so often, the interface might have been done but still looks like crap, there had been absolutely no balancing done, policies, units, buildings and civs and the biggest map I could play without making the game unplayable due to wait times was standard.
I call that broken. Not sure about your Sword of the Stars thing but I've never played a game this buggy on release, and if it was even close to that it was generally fixable by scouring the internet for a bit and messing around with some .ini file or patch.

I can't find any documentation about SC1 or W3 but I know for a fact that the AI in SC2 only cheats on brutal, the highest difficulty, in contrast to CiV, where it even cheats on the lowest, if you can't provide any proof to back up your claim I'm going to disregard it as a boerish bluff.

There have been games I've played where I've known of this, HoMM for instance, the difference here being that the AI was pretty good to begin with so it knew how to make use of the extra resources in combat.
Say what now?

What do you expect me to back up with proof? I know for a fact that warcraft 3 and starcraft provide more resources to the AI on the highest difficulty settings. These are easely checked facts, and I have seen them first hand. I am sure there is documentation of it floating over battle.net, yet I did not bother to look it up. Since this is such a basic, almost common knowledge fact, why desire proof? What do you expect me to do?

Anyway, given the pompous tone of this and other of your posts, I assume you are not interested in a real discussion where others challenge your ideas. Also I have my doubts if civfanatics - a civil forum if there ever was one - is the place for you.

Oh wow, 3 people after me, must've really hit a nerve.
Ofcourse I wouldn't be the eloquent pony I am if I didn't respond to everyone personally:

Wannabe, please re-read the sentences you where replying to, I said the DIFFICULTY could be programmed in 5 minutes, not the AI, programming the difficulty is basically just putting together an XML file for how big the bonusses are the AI should get on specific levels, having seen the other XML files the game uses I have very little doubt even I could put this one together (according to Glassmage you can even check them yourself in AIHandicap.xml).
I did'nt say the game is in Beta now, just that it was when it was released, which is actually very apt as the game was practically unplayable for many people, and apart from the crashing I don't get the impression they really fixed anything, just rearanged matters.
The rest of the post are just thinly veiled insults, how cute, try not to let it get to your head.

Tyboy, the RTS comparison was not made by me but by Shurdus in the post right above the one your responding to, in the aforementioned Blizzard games the AI only receives resource bonusses at the highest difficulty, please do read more then just my post when your trying to understand the discussion in a thread.
And as far as your assertion that the AI just changes it's reaction times, it is just plainly wrong, a easy level opponent will always come at you at a pretty consistent time with a balanced group of units, for zerg roaches, lings and hydra's, which obviously is a very suboptimal build as it forces lair tech.
On brutal however I've seen roach lings builds/all-ins that hit far earlier, I even recall a pure roach rush once and terran varying from bio to bio-mech.
And yeah, you shouldn't take playing vs AI seriously, in contrast to a human it can't base it's build on countering what they've scouted or metagame knowledge and is generally only used to test out and get accustomed to new builds (as far as I know at any rate), but it does know how to hold formation, and considering it is a game with a lot more variables to calculate as far as the warring goes (infinite amounts of positions, loads of different unit types and abilities, whereas civ just uses copy's of the same concept though the ages) it still holds up very well, especially when you compare it to CiV, at least terrans know they shouldn't lead their armies with siege tanks, with or without bonusses.

As for the AI's problems, I've posted enough about it in other, more apropriate threads, if you really want the list go check them because I'm not inclined to repeat it all again. If you really want to discuss them, do so in the right place.

Critisizing my english is cute but ultimately pointless as I'm not a native english speaker, let alone writer, but alas, you probably wouldn't comment on it if it wasn't for frustration so I'll let it slide. The intention of putting someone down was never there, that's just your interpretation and a better summation for what you are trying to do.

Shurdus, perhaps on the very highest difficulty, but since your going by your 'Common knowledge' my assertion of it being a bluff is still correct. What I expected you to do was provide those documentations your talking about but claim to be floating around on battle.net (by which I assume you mean the forum or don't understand what battle.net is).
This is still all besides the point I should note, the only thing you where replying to was my statement: "difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets."
The 'almost always' qualifier is what I would like to draw your attention to, considering SC2 has a pretty large amount of difficulties it can easily work with almost always.
There is no contradiction, and stating so matter of factly that I'm contradicting myself while not bothering to actually read the wording I used just seems silly, this is not Ace Attorney y'know.

If I tear down silly asumptions you make, instead of counterargumenting and leaving it at that you try to get the highground by stating I'm not interested in discussion, cute, but if someone does not agree with you it does not mean they're not interested in discussion, it just means they won't take your arguments and 'common knowledge' as the truth the moment you state them.
This is a forum, when your losing a discussion you don't have to resort to such childish accusations.

The rest of the post are just thinly veiled insults, how cute, try not to let it get to your head.

Hehe, cute seems to be your word of choice to belittle others. Goes with the avatar, really.

Anyhow, as for thinly veiled insults, that wasn't meant to be (rereading it now, I can understand that the master AI programmer comment sounded like it, but was not the intention). I was merely stating that I disagree with your opinion which comes off quite pompous, I have to agree with Shurdus on this. But let's leave it at that: we agree to disagree :D

Actually, I only used the word cute twice, and would not have if the insults in question where not so childishly veiled.

I was discussing the AI's cheating at difficulties, which is the actual intented OP, it's not until you and your 2 cronies started to respond to that vehemently that I saw the need to respond, and even then I use a single post for replying to 3 people, where you need 2 to reply to a single one, and you accuse me of hijacking?
Hell, even in your message you state it's off-topic, if you don't want a reply, why post it?

First you start talking about me in the third person, I believe we call that condescending.
And then you start about me having 'no clue' how hard it is to program an AI, clearly implying you do, otherwise there would be no reason for the statement, no?

My comment was not aimed at you, you started intruding in a conversation you had no place in as you clearly have no idea about the games inner workings and made wrong assumptions while being condescending and acting like you knew what you're talking about.

And at the end of your post you say I'm pompous and then want to agree to disagree? If you want to reconcile you don't insult people just before offering it.

Oh wow, 3 people after me, must've really hit a nerve.
Ofcourse I wouldn't be the eloquent pony I am if I didn't respond to everyone personally:

Wannabe, please re-read the sentences you where replying to, I said the DIFFICULTY could be programmed in 5 minutes, not the AI, programming the difficulty is basically just putting together an XML file for how big the bonusses are the AI should get on specific levels, having seen the other XML files the game uses I have very little doubt even I could put this one together (according to Glassmage you can even check them yourself in AIHandicap.xml).
I did'nt say the game is in Beta now, just that it was when it was released, which is actually very apt as the game was practically unplayable for many people, and apart from the crashing I don't get the impression they really fixed anything, just rearanged matters.

Tyboy, the RTS comparison was not made by me but by Shurdus in the post right above the one your responding to, in the aforementioned Blizzard games the AI only receives resource bonusses at the highest difficulty, please do read more then just my post when your trying to understand the discussion in a thread.
And as far as your assertion that the AI just changes it's reaction times, it is just plainly wrong, a easy level opponent will always come at you at a pretty consistent time with a balanced group of units, for zerg roaches, lings and hydra's, which obviously is a very suboptimal build as it forces lair tech.
On brutal however I've seen roach lings builds/all-ins that hit far earlier, I even recall a pure roach rush once and terran varying from bio to bio-mech.
And yeah, you shouldn't take playing vs AI seriously, in contrast to a human it can't base it's build on countering what they've scouted or metagame knowledge and is generally only used to test out and get accustomed to new builds (as far as I know at any rate), but it does know how to hold formation, and considering it is a game with a lot more variables to calculate as far as the warring goes (infinite amounts of positions, loads of different unit types and abilities, whereas civ just uses copy's of the same concept though the ages) it still holds up very well, especially when you compare it to CiV, at least terrans know they shouldn't lead their armies with siege tanks, with or without bonusses.

As for the AI's problems, I've posted enough about it in other, more apropriate threads, if you really want the list go check them because I'm not inclined to repeat it all again. If you really want to discuss them, do so in the right place.

Critisizing my english is cute but ultimately pointless as I'm not a native english speaker, let alone writer, but alas, you probably wouldn't comment on it if it wasn't for frustration so I'll let it slide. The intention of putting someone down was never there, that's just your interpretation and a better summation for what you are trying to do.

Shurdus, perhaps on the very highest difficulty, but since your going by your 'Common knowledge' my assertion of it being a bluff is still correct. What I expected you to do was provide those documentations your talking about but claim to be floating around on battle.net (by which I assume you mean the forum or don't understand what battle.net is).
This is still all besides the point I should note, the only thing you where replying to was my statement: "difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets."
The 'almost always' qualifier is what I would like to draw your attention to, considering SC2 has a pretty large amount of difficulties it can easily work with almost always.
There is no contradiction, and stating so matter of factly that I'm contradicting myself while not bothering to actually read the wording I used just seems silly, this is not Ace Attorney y'know.

If I tear down silly asumptions you make, instead of counterargumenting and leaving it at that you try to get the highground by stating I'm not interested in discussion, cute, but if someone does not agree with you it does not mean they're not interested in discussion, it just means they won't take your arguments and 'common knowledge' as the truth the moment you state them.
This is a forum, when your losing a discussion you don't have to resort to such childish accusations.
All you do is claiming that my point is not valid because I do not back it up. My point however can easely be verified. Go ahead and do that if you must, but please make sure to post here to say that I was right after you did just that. But now that we are discussiing the importance of backing up a claim, where if the proof of your far more general and not easely verifed statement, mister eloquent pony?

All you do is claiming that my point is not valid because I do not back it up. My point however can easely be verified. Go ahead and do that if you must, but please make sure to post here to say that I was right after you did just that. But now that we are discussiing the importance of backing up a claim, where if the proof of your far more general and not easely verifed statement, mister eloquent pony?

You say it can be easily verified but me googling for it did not produce any results, you keep stating this as if it's common knowledge, while it is clearly not, mind you, I did find posts saying what I claimed about SC2 (I can send these but I assume this is not what we're talking about here).

Also, please, read, carefully:

Me: Actually, it is cheating, difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets.

You: I challenge the first statement. In both starcraft and warcraft 3, some of the finest games rts has to offer, the AI would receive bonusses in skirmish matches on the highest difficulty levels. This completely contradicts what you state.

Me: I can't find any documentation about SC1 or W3 but I know for a fact that the AI in SC2 only cheats on brutal, the highest difficulty, in contrast to CiV, where it even cheats on the lowest, if you can't provide any proof to back up your claim I'm going to disregard it as a boerish bluff.

You: What do you expect me to back up with proof? I know for a fact that warcraft 3 and starcraft provide more resources to the AI on the highest difficulty settings. These are easely checked facts, and I have seen them first hand. I am sure there is documentation of it floating over battle.net, yet I did not bother to look it up. Since this is such a basic, almost common knowledge fact, why desire proof? What do you expect me to do?

Now, as you might have noticed, your first post targeted at me does not actually show any contradiction in the general post I made, I then wrongly assume your arguing that the Blizzard AI's cheat on all levels, blame sleep deprivation.
And then I, under the wrong impression look for documentation claiming that the BW and W3 AI cheats, something which I could'nt find, and you then, also under the wrong impression say you don't want to look at it either.

If you read my post you where replying on just now you'll see I already noticed this and where directly telling you that this was all based on misconceptions.

To reiterate from my last post to you:
"This is still all besides the point I should note, the only thing you where replying to was my statement: "difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets."
The 'almost always' qualifier is what I would like to draw your attention to, considering SC2 has a pretty large amount of difficulties it can easily work with almost always. "

Unless you can actually find an interesting point buried somewhere I believe our discussion might as well end here.
Also, I have no idea what you want me to verify, the AI being terrible at this game? Because this forum is filled with examples and proof of it.

blah blah, tl;dr

Cool off and get off your high horse (pun intended). I am not going to bite.

And the "way to hijack a thread" was aimed at the general direction this discussion took. Not every post is aimed at you, even though you would probably like to believe so. Sheesh.

Moderator Action: Two moderator warnings above to cool it. This post does nothing to cool the thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You say it can be easily verified but me googling for it did not produce any results, you keep stating this as if it's common knowledge, while it is clearly not, mind you, I did find posts saying what I claimed about SC2 (I can send these but I assume this is not what we're talking about here).

Also, please, read, carefully:

Me: Actually, it is cheating, difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets.

You: I challenge the first statement. In both starcraft and warcraft 3, some of the finest games rts has to offer, the AI would receive bonusses in skirmish matches on the highest difficulty levels. This completely contradicts what you state.

Me: I can't find any documentation about SC1 or W3 but I know for a fact that the AI in SC2 only cheats on brutal, the highest difficulty, in contrast to CiV, where it even cheats on the lowest, if you can't provide any proof to back up your claim I'm going to disregard it as a boerish bluff.

You: What do you expect me to back up with proof? I know for a fact that warcraft 3 and starcraft provide more resources to the AI on the highest difficulty settings. These are easely checked facts, and I have seen them first hand. I am sure there is documentation of it floating over battle.net, yet I did not bother to look it up. Since this is such a basic, almost common knowledge fact, why desire proof? What do you expect me to do?

Now, as you might have noticed, your first post targeted at me does not actually show any contradiction in the general post I made, I then wrongly assume your arguing that the Blizzard AI's cheat on all levels, blame sleep deprivation.
And then I, under the wrong impression look for documentation claiming that the BW and W3 AI cheats, something which I could'nt find, and you then, also under the wrong impression say you don't want to look at it either.

If you read my post you where replying on just now you'll see I already noticed this and where directly telling you that this was all based on misconceptions.

To reiterate from my last post to you:
"This is still all besides the point I should note, the only thing you where replying to was my statement: "difficulty in a decent strategy games is almost always determined by the choices the AI makes, not by the absurd bonusses it gets."
The 'almost always' qualifier is what I would like to draw your attention to, considering SC2 has a pretty large amount of difficulties it can easily work with almost always. "

Unless you can actually find an interesting point buried somewhere I believe our discussion might as well end here.
Also, I have no idea what you want me to verify, the AI being terrible at this game? Because this forum is filled with examples and proof of it.
Well, I thought the discussion at the very least was interesting. But then again, I thought some of the responses were kind of... odd. I think we best leave the discussion here, because while the topic might have been a pleasant one, I find that this conversation has been far from pleasant.

Best of luck to you, I hope 'they' will either fix the AI and you will find a renewed interest in civ5, or that you find a game that better suits your needs.

I would like to chip in that while I understand that programming an AI to play intelligently in a game as big as Civ while also adhering to the hexagonal system with every single unit type and promotion combination is advanced, I simply can't believe that it's hard to program basic tactical play into it, for instance things like moving in a formation, having ranged behind melees, not embarking your units when a massive navy is next to your towns... It's not about min maxing armies. It's about a feeling that the AI will at least somewhat behave like a human being or play intelligently, rather than the way it works now where it simply throws unit after unit at you single file (and build walls and defenses just to make your city grabbing harder :D) while you snipe them off.

jeez. these AI threads are so simple to solve.

think you can write a better AI? go and do it then.

away you (you as in general to everyone reading this post), away you and get paid for writting said AI. go chase those dollars if you think you are up to it.

i bet there are thousands of companies that will pay you a fortune for good AI.

pretty well every computer game ive played, and thats been since the birth of computer games, has upped the difficulity by giving the computer more bonuses.

I would like to chip in that while I understand that programming an AI to play intelligently in a game as big as Civ while also adhering to the hexagonal system with every single unit type and promotion combination is advanced, I simply can't believe that it's hard to program basic tactical play into it, for instance things like moving in a formation, having ranged behind melees, not embarking your units when a massive navy is next to your towns... It's not about min maxing armies. It's about a feeling that the AI will at least somewhat behave like a human being or play intelligently, rather than the way it works now where it simply throws unit after unit at you single file (and build walls and defenses just to make your city grabbing harder :D) while you snipe them off.

This is about 100x harder than you are giving it credit for. Even moving in "formation:" is extremely hard to code in a way that is at all functional.

jeez. these AI threads are so simple to solve.

think you can write a better AI? go and do it then.

away you (you as in general to everyone reading this post), away you and get paid for writting said AI. go chase those dollars if you think you are up to it.

i bet there are thousands of companies that will pay you a fortune for good AI.

pretty well every computer game ive played, and thats been since the birth of computer games, has upped the difficulity by giving the computer more bonuses.

This.

This is about 100x harder than you are giving it credit for. Even moving in "formation:" is extremely hard to code in a way that is at all functional.
I disagree. I think the AI tactics are pretty incomplete. The game was release was rushed (I think) and there were quite a few bugs and such on launch day. Probably AI tactics were cut short. Also they didn't really have data on how people would be playing so they couldn't really develop the AI that easily.

Derpy Hooves,
It sure seemed to me like you were claiming and are continuing to claim that RTS games and SC2 in particular has much better AI than CiV. I think that's a pretty reasonable interpretation of your position. Beyond that what difference does it make who first mentioned an RTS game? If you are saying that SC2 actually has a pretty weak AI then I would agree and drop the matter. While it may be true that it doesn't cheat by giving more resources at lower difficulties it cheats by using other techniques that the human can't replicate which could not be translated into a turn based game at all difficulties, so it amounts to the same thing.

I made no assertion that the AI changes its reaction times. Pretty much the opposite actually. The AI reaction times are at a very high level (cheating) even at the lowest difficulty settings. Those reaction times give a large boost to the computer player across the board so that even though the AI is progressing from absurdly bad to just plain bad the computer player as a whole can seem somewhat competitive. On the other hand, as a human player gets some experience their reaction times/clicking speed improve rapidly and so the strength of the computer player falls off very quickly.
If it's not clear when I say reaction times I'm referring to the things that a human player would do by clicking many times very fast, like moving individual units on and off the front lines in a fight or controlling multiple battles simultaneously.

Formations and probably army compositions too for the computer are just a pre-programmed aspect of play in SC2. There's no AI involved in them. They don't change based on the threat the AI is facing. If the AI is using a line formation and you start flanking them, they don't switch to using a box formation or anything like that (which would be one of the most basic intelligence-based responses). Simple formations would never translate to CiV because the terrain would make them impossible to maintain. While SC2 also has blockages and choke points the AI simply handles them very poorly and relies on the short amount of time it will take to pass through them to keep a lower level human player from taking too much advantage.

I didn't criticize your English. I criticized your use of a word which lies outside of most people's common use vocabulary without knowing how to spell it or taking a moment to double check the spelling. I would have done the same had you made the mistake in your native tongue. Also, since you say that English is not your first language, I will let you know: Calling a person's claim a "boorish bluff" is a put down. You don't need to take it personally. I didn't mean it as a personal attack, but rather to inform you. You can use uncommon words to lend weight to the things you say and make yourself seem more knowledgeable, but if you misspell them it has the opposite effect.

I think it's okay to acknowledge the limitations of the AI. That's an easy problem to run into with combat. However, what about AI diplomacy? Is it also a result of technical limitations?

Grandadmiral, considering they did quite well in CIV I suspect the diplomatic AI might just be another victim of the rather shoddy work done on this game, especially if you take into account that they made a lot of weird choices post release, almost like the did'nt really conduct a beta.

Tyboy, actually you where intruding into the conversation by claiming I shouldn't compare SC2 to CiV because it's a bad comparison, I completely agree here, I even stated exactly that in a discussion in the "No iron" thread that is severely suffering from wall of text syndrome at this point. But again, I was never the one to start about the RTS comparison, I was just commenting on an unrelated tangent about Blizzard AI that you latched onto rather vehemently.

For the record though, I do believe that the Blizzard AI is better then the CiV one, this is not entirely relevant to the OP but in lieu of more interesting posts I suppose I will indulge.
For one, the Blizzard AI is a lot better at what it was intended to do, and the same goes for overall complexity, what you seem to forget is that you take on a single Blizzard AI, while to win a CiV game you have to best about 6-12 of them. You can't just roflstomp through 6 brutal enemies once you a good army rolling, and even then, unlike in CiV due to 1UPT, the amounts actually matter.
And on the lower levels of SC2 the AI most certainly does not have impeccable micro of units, try it out for yourself.

Honestly, I could make a list here of the absurd amounts of mistakes the AI makes that could actually have been programmed out, I'll give a few that spring to mind as relevant but you know as well as I do that most of the general forum is filled with posts about peoples incomprehension at the terrible mistakes the Diplo and War AI makes.

No unit formation whatsoever, yes it lacking dynamic movement is a problem but if it would at least send it's line or wall of units in consecutive waves this would be mostly fixed, IE when the war would be initiated, make unit cluster -> send meelee wave, when first or last unit at x distance or x turns have passed -> send out the ranged wave.

Not updating the AI with the nerfs, some civs are just completely powerless at this point because they make a lot of unit's that have been heavily nerfed, the Ottomans and England come to mind, they still bother making huge navies, sacking their economies for it and then having their cities taken while their ships just sit there attacking some city it won't be able to take anyway.
I don't often encounter a civ going for large amount of horse units, perhaps due to how bad the AI is at connecting resources and a tendency for early warmonger civs to spawn next to me but I imagine it would fare the same as the naval focused AI scenario.

Terrain, again, this should not be that hard to implement without learning the AI hex combat, it's just a matter of giving unit's orders before they engage, IE If first attack unit is in 3 range of enemy force, prioritize hill&forest&etc in 2 range unless in 2 range of attacking units, as it's army will still be clumped up there will still be undesirable spots because they need to stay in formation but where possible the AI will pick out a better spot to engage, simple commands like this could easily make the terrain workable for the AI.

Escorts and GP, the AI often thinks a GG is an army unit that should lead the attack because it doesn't have to wait for the rest of the army to make their journey, telling the AI to always keep a strong army unit on the GG if it's in a war could easily fix this, sure, and then you could even attach a script for it to go to the nearest unit with a good amount of health. If an AI tries for a overseas invasion and you have 2 trirememes or so, the AI is dead, sending a few escorts should be about as easy as the GG script as I believe they can stack (been ages since I bothered with an overseas invasion that did'nt involve just rushbuying an entirely new army there).

I'll stop here due to the aforementioned wall of text syndrome.

The only major mistakes I can think of that the SC2 AI makes is it's inability to stop a Cannon rush and it's tendency to not expand enough, and as I havn't played the SC2 AI in a very long time so patches might very well have improved the game at this point, not to mention that it's a game that mostly revolves around multiplayer, if their AI actually was poor it still would not matter because it matters very little for what people will actually do with it.

There is also the point of studio's, ofcourse Blizzard tends to work on 2 or 3 games at the same time but with a 5000 studio employee count compared to the 120 of Firaxis (both taken from Wikipedia) it is still more then likely that more then 10 times the people worked on SC2, giving them a lot more resources to spend on the AI, even if it's a smaller feature of the game (due to the lore obsession of the fans(that Blizzard managed to screw pretty hard I should note) the game still needs a somewhat capable AI though because the SC1 and BW campaigns where lauded as fantastic, and in my opinion the best storyline Blizzard has ever written).

Considering CiV was very unpolished when it was released and I have not seen the AI make any advancements, the opposite in fact, I think we can safely assume that with all the bad choices it makes on a consistent basis it was hardly play tested and altered afterwards, either the people in the studio are all terrible at the game or when faced with continuing problems they at a certain point, perhaps close to release, just threw in the towel and released in anyway, perhaps postponing it while not considering the costs associated with such an undertaking.
Or as mentioned before they just half-assed it.

And the SC2 AI does change it's formation based on what unit's it's attacking what with, which, in contrast to CiV, it knows how to prioritize.

Actually, considering he was making grand statements about how I was contradicting myself when this was clearly not the case I find the term boorish bluff still very apt.
You being an unecessary grammar nazi was fairly pointless though, I used the term boorish because it actually originates from my native language, and this is actually the most logical way to spell it if you know the original word 'Boer'.

And then you go on about a tirade about how I want to seem more knowledgeable by using fancy language, perhaps that's why you use them but in my case it's just my normal behavior, I enjoy using words like that because they're pretty, boorish bluff for instance has great poetic potential.

You essentially say I'm pretentious, which, in my country at least, is still an insult, it feels more like door into your own psyche then mine though.
Perhaps you don't realize it but correcting someones spelling, especially on the internet, the one place where people are even less likely to take your opinion seriously, makes you come over as a pretty annoying person, I would enjoy continuing the discussion as you seem relatively knowledgeable about the subject matter but for gods sake don't stoop to such low tactics.

Shurdus, feel free to latch onto any comment I made about the complexity of the AI's in question, I'd like to hear any rebuttals.

Wannabe, I'm not going to respond to your last comments, just stay out of the discussion, you have not contributed anything of value.

Moderator Action: Given the above moderator warnings, aspects of this post, particularly towards the end, aren't going to produce anything but a negative reaction.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom