Maya

Is this a serious question?
It is, but you have to look at the emphasis of the sentence.
"So, how does picking one time a great scientist contributes to a science victory for the Maya?"
At the moment, Portugals UA is contributing more to a science victory than Mayas UA, cause you can't focus for a single victory type with Mayas UA. So, a3kov should like the suggestion.
But as I already said, stacking scientists may be very strong, but beyond that, stacking any else GP isn't op. I am open for a test, and do the restriction only for scientists instead for all. If people say it's op, a return should be done fairly easy.

It is, but you have to look at the emphasis of the sentence.
"So, how does picking one time a great scientist contributes to a science victory for the Maya?"
At the moment, Portugals UA is contributing more to a science victory than Mayas UA, cause you can't focus for a single victory type with Mayas UA. So, a3kov should like the suggestion.
But as I already said, stacking scientists may be very strong, but beyond that, stacking any else GP isn't op. I am open for a test, and do the restriction only for scientists instead for all. If people say it's op, a return should be done fairly easy.
Ah you mean how much does it contribute.

I think just one scientist contributes a lot actually. Plus 10% to all scientists that are bulbed would mean you discover all of the techs substantially faster, in addition to providing science on its own. Aside from the scientist, the other great people help a lot too. The great prophet alone is a crazy powerspike that can completely change the game. The writer helps get enough social policies for Hubble, the artist keeps a golden age going, the merchant can help keep synagogues active, the engineer secures a wonder at some point. Lately I've found culture increasingly important for science victories.

Maybe you take 1 low value great person in the game? But even if peaceful, admirals or generals have their uses. Worst case the musician's great work provides yields, it's 3% science to a city after rationalism and it boosts all great writers.

I think Kuna are better than Feitoria personally, and it terms of a science victory that seems clearly true. Generally I'd say the big three for a spaceship are Maya, Babylon, and Korea. Portugal is a great civ, really underrated in my opinion, but I've never played her to a science victory. Maybe you could show us how strong that is.

I am open for a test, and do the restriction only for scientists instead for all. If people say it's op, a return should be done fairly easy.

I'm still not convinced the Mayans need any buff... heck I still think there weak UU is a feature not a bug, though I respect that a number of people do not like it. So to me if there was anything to be tweaked, it would be on the UU, since its clearly a weak UU in the grand scheme. But I see no reason at all to mess with the core UA and UB.

So, how does picking one time a great scientist contributes to a science victory for the Maya?
Mayan UA is weaker than Portugal's, if that's what you mean. There's no question. But it doesn't have to be stronger, because it's balanced by OP UI.
When comparing civs, you have to compare the whole package (UA, UI, UB, UU), not just one part.

I agree they don't really need a buff, but the change to let them select different GP would be fun, albeit perhaps having that limitation is strategically fun too. Don't see much strength in the arguments for synergy above. The fact that you took two scientists already wouldn't cause taking a third to be even better--if anything, having already taken two scientists you'd probably need a manufactory to build the stuff tech is already unlocking for you, or a town to keep the cities building them happy and rich. The game has built in anti-synergy for focusing too much on just one kind of yield, as people have already discussed when comparing industry to rationalism for science victory.

EDIT: I'm not really pushing for the change here, because Maya is already fine. I just don't think the arguments made for synergy here are really talking about synergy.

Reminder that Maya UU promotion doesn't carry over - still feels bad. I'd support a nerf to it's effectiveness towards injured units in exchange for it carrying over.

It's something pineappledan's been advocating for for quite a while. You can find it in 4UC for example.

Top Bottom