1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SCENARIO] Me, myself, and the (Pit's) World Map shenanigans.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Somebody613, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:22 AM.

1. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

This is at least the third (if not the fifth) time I'm trying the MAX Difficulty + MAX Speed game play.
    Well, almost MAX Speed, since I was told to use Blitz instead of Ultrafast, for technical reasons.
    Anyways, being not my first game, I played it smart(er) and reaped a very nice crop out of it, heh.
    Here's me reaching Classical - and being in the TOP 5 (actually fluctuating between TOP 5 and even TOP 1).
    Well, at least in the Old World, but I've been called "TOP 5 Most Powerful" on turn 200, so I guess it counts.

Hints and tips:
    1. Immediately went after Babylon the moment I had Spikemen, lol. It FELL. Read: AI is still crap, duh.
    2. Kept building more cities until I reached the Gold Problem. Had been miles beyond it for a long while already, but decided to instead go for eliminating Ottomans. Barely managed to complete it literally a few turns ago. My army is still relocating back to Jerusalem, lol.
    3. I definitely SHOULD have built more cities, what with having Gold in the TENS of THOUSANDS. Well, since it's PEACE TIME from now on - we'll see.
    4. Also, unless some idiot (AI, duh) attacks me first, I'm NOT gonna fight much anymore. Spy Network, here. I. Come! It's so much more FUN to Spy-Buy entire civs, than to wage endless wars against a few stubbornly entrenched units. You can't ENTRENCH against Espionage, hehehe.
    5. Can't wait to activate INQUISITION, though, cause I want to clean this heretical mess, mwahahaha!!!

Any comments, besides telling me AGAIN to "play differently"?
    Pit's World Map + geographically correctly placed Jerusalem = a REALLY FUN GAME!
    :king::king::king::king::king::king::king::king::king::king:

Attached Files:

2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Wow you aren't beelining, and still you are one of best civs on Nightmare.
    I wonder how that would work out on typical Gigantic map though.

3. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

Well.

0. No Barbs.
    And AI is crap.
    Not sure how one affects the other, though.

1. Jerusalem IS a cheaty city.
    Not literally cheaty, and you can get it halfway during the Prehistoric with a bunch of nearby civs, but it does provide a faster kick-off start.
    Not exactly MUCH of it on such fast speed, actually, but still something tangible.

2. On the other hand, I had to suicide-barrage Istanbul with TONS of units in order to "soften" its defenses (the entrenched unit's, not the city's) enough.
    It's just that I had lots of cities to build lots of units fast enough for it to EVENTUALLY work, but it WAS a pain in the ass, ugh.
    And I honestly have no clue how to avoid this "strategy" of literally burying the defensive Archer-types with a horde of corpses.
    Even units with "Strength against Archers" barely did much damage, for some weird reason.
    And no, that was AFTER I reduced the city's defenses to more or less zero - it's all about the unit itself.
    Weird.

3. Hence why I guess I need to switch to expansion and espionage (mostly the former).
    As in, once I hit Vassalage (after a forever), I'm sure to suddenly have a bunch of losers asking to rule over them, lol.
    So I guess my current goal is to literally EXPAND EVERYWHERE - and I do see quite a lot of SPACE for that, indeed.
    Eh, the woes of micromanaging a ton of cities, dammit.

4. On the OTHER hand, I'm in yet another era of MERGING, so...
    MWAHAHAHA!!!
    Oh, and Astrological Signs just ask to be HOARDED by Generals, ya know.
    YYYEP.

4. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

LOOOL!!!
    I totally changed my mind.
    Just check all the DATA, hehehe.
    Also, gonna rebrand my units as [General], [Noble], [Hero] - where [Hero] is [Noble General], loool!
    I have a strong feeling that my CURRENT army will be more than enough to pretty much rule the entire Old World AT LEAST.
    Just. Check. The. Screens. MWAHAHAHA!!!

Attached Files:

5. arihant

arihant Warlord

Sorry to disapoint you but you cant use inquisitor on foreign cities, only on your own :(
    Only way how to erase religion in foreing city is to use spy or conquer it.

6. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

That IS my point.
    I could clean up the cities I DON'T own, but I need to invent a whole ton more tech to affect my own cities.
    If it isn't stupid, dunno what is, lol.

7. tmv

tmv Emperor

I think at least Divine Cult should be "fully intolerant" as well, I mean, you basically deny that the king is god. That cannot be allowed.

8. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

UPDATE.

Oh, boy, REVOLUTIONS are FUN.
    Well...
    NOT.
    LOOOL!!!

As in, literally the next turn after I eliminated the bothersome Arabs, a bunch of my own cities decided to give me more free Experience - and rebelled.
    Not that it's gonna matter whatsoever, but it REALLY annoys me, since each turn takes me several minutes, gah!
    Which means I'll have to WASTE a bunch of time cleaning up that mess, ugh.
    IMPORTANT ADVICE:
    Never forget to keep track of your Revolt Status, DAMMIT!!!

Also, my entire army is already [Nobles], which means each unit can attack 3-4 times per turn, lol.
    And many of them are also [Heroes] aka [Noble Generals], giving them yet another edge over the Vile Enemy, mwahahaha!!!
    (Well, not 100% entire army, I think, but I can simply build those 1-2 missing Nobles in exactly as many turns.)

NOW the game is actually REALLY FUN, hehehe!!!

Also also:
    Check out my SCORE!
    As in, do the math what it was the PREVIOUS turn, loool!!!

Ooohhh, totally forgot to mention:
    I.
    CAN.
    BUY.
    CITIES.
    NOW!!!
    YESSS!!!

Attached Files:

9. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

Small UPDATE.

Decided to roll back the breakdown revolution turn, still got 2 cities rebelling, but that's much less ANNOYING.
    Recaptured them, now keep spending tons of gold on keeping the idiots "happy".
    Some STILL rebel.

Anyways, I finally have *ALL* the (surviving) contacts in the *ENTIRE WORLD*.
    And I'm at place #3, while the other 2 guys have *vassals* (and are less than 25% above me), loool!
    Plus, I'm literally one of the most powerful civs in the game (nobody is above 1.1 of me) - and that is totally MISCALCULATED.
    Because MY units can attack 3-4 times per turn and are maxed out mergers, UNLIKE, ya know, the AI ones (AI suuucks big time, lolrofl).
    Great game, hehehe.

Attached Files: