• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Medieval II: Kingdoms worth getting?

LightSpectra

me autem minui
Total War games have an interesting way of addicting me without even playing them. All my senses are telling me $30 is way too much for four campaigns, a few new units and no additions to the grand campaign, but I'm already started to feel CA's pheromones.

What's the word?

110 new units is a few? What does it take to be a lot?

The point being that just new units doesn't sell me. I'd like new features.

These are great detailed maps, that let you really feel the nature of these four regions. The fact that there are 5-15 nations, makes it more battle oriented than before. Music is also cool.

it's good.... in the moments where it works :(

I am getting a lot of "fatal" errors :( :(

i would buy it if i were you it takes a long time to install it took around 20 minutes to download.

The campaigns are good especially the new world one. :goodjob: though in the end i wish it added stuff to the main campaign rather then adding the english or the middle eastern one.

There is 4 campaign's in the pack
1. Crusades (Mid east)
2. English (i forget the name i have this game on my other computer)
3. Teutonic (the Teutonic order againsed Lithuania)
4. New world (the fight for central america)

I would buy it if i were you its better then the rome total war expansions it costs the same for three less added campaigns.

That's so typical with Total War series, it's worth the money, going from side to side to buy or not to buy, nothing has changed in my opinion, if you have extra money at the monent why not to buy that's what I think.

I must say I positively surprised with this expansion. My first campaign was as Scotland on British campaign and it was the same old-good Total War. During my campaign happened something cool though I'm not going to tell it if you buy a game. It was a turning point of my game but nothing extraordionary though.

Now, I'm playing with Mayans on Americans Campaign and I feel like a small kid with a new toy. It's totally different, you've no techonogy, no cavs and but tons of units, fill sky with arrows by your numberless archeries, make a 2-3 stack of warriors and surround your enemy, drive them down and look how they are screaming out for help and not to mention all fighting occur in your playground in jungles. That's quite cool.

New Spain is also playable on Americian Campaign definitely something what I want to try too. Fight with numerous tribe warriors with techology and act like a colonist. I'm kind of excited.

Apachs are also in I don't know much of them but I think that Apachs rocks don't know why.. but that's one game too to play.

Teutonic campaign looks good for me too I think I'm going to play it as Teutonic as they rely heavily on armors, heavy cav and infantry, mediocre archery but fill your back with trebs, cats, cannons etc and take over a world.

Crusaders campaign looks very disapointing in fact but I guess you can take a man to man with Mongols once more like in the old-good times (if they are still in game) so maybe a worth to play that campaign too.

So, Scotland (25-35 hours), Mayans (25-35), Spain (25-35), Apachs (25-35), Teutonic (25-35) and maybe Crusaders (25-35). If you sum that up that's a whole lot of hours to play from one expansion.

yes though many people would've much rather of had lots of updates to the original MTW campaign then one of the campaigns though it seems from judgment the crusades is the least favorite.

though i got it it was fun so im going to give it a 8/10 (its fun not all of the campaigns though but still superb for an E.P.)

Haven't had much chances to play it since buying, but it is a fantastic expansion so far. I'm very much enjoying the Britannia campaign (though I continue to argue it could have used more factions) and have just started up a New World campaign as the Spanish. Fighting off hundreds of New World armies with just 300 powerful soldiers is a blast. Literally.

Given how disappointed I was with the Rome expansion, this is a great improvement, and the variation I've seen so far in the scenarios has been worth the purchase. A Mongol-invasion scenario - similar to that in the Shogun expansion - would have been groovy though :)

How did they do the "powerful hero leaders with abilities"?

Not much I can say, one of my leader during Scotland campaign had some kind of new rally command, unfortunately I don't know anything about it, it was during a battle, I selected my leader and pressed rally only thing I could see was different icon on rally button before it was too late. I didn't bother to reload and start the battle again to see what is was. That's the only thing what I've noticed.

I'm kind of disappointed by that too. I was expecting something cool from "hero abilities". I've played Total War's since Shogun they REALLY need to add more spice into the game.

Well the only special ability that is really not realistic is the byzantium one, causing infighting in enemy troops seems odd.

I really don't want my generals to be wielding super powers, so I'm glad they didn't go overboard on those, although it would be nice if you could mod in stronger powers for the use in mods.

Top Bottom