Medieval scenario

What do u mean it's outdated? What r incompatibility problems?
I know this is a month later, but scratch that. It ended up being some mod incompatibility that I just hadn't noticed in any of my other games. I think it had something to do with maybe a building that had been already built in the game perhaps? I don't know. I also had happiness problems which I'm sure is supposed to be how it is, but I was all, "grr!" at the time. Sorry!

EDIT: Oh, one problem I have that I remember having is playing Russia, I can't get the Ottomans to make Peace with Athenas. Like, it won't even go on the table. I would definitely pay to keep them from conquering Athenas which they always end up doing.

The scenario is updated for Gods and Kings with the ability to play with 15 or 22 civs.

I tried the 15 civ version; here are some comments:

- Russia seems overpowered for 1470 (Kazan and Astrakhan weren't Russian til after 1550)
- having entire Siberia consist of the city state Almaty prevents any expansion there (playing as Egypt I noticed the Russians sending Settlers into Africa instead)
- Spain doesn't seem to do much (Portugal was already at the Gold Coast by 1470); they should be able to cross the Atlantic, but don't even settle in Africa
- Egypt should be Muslim (I founded Sunni, but the Turks kept sending Muslim Prophets to convert my cities; since they weren't listening, I had to DOW them every time to get rid of those)
- (North) Africa shouldn't be empty, nor French (they weren't expanding there til the 19th century; a city state allied with Turkey could solve this - Turkey was nominally suzerain of the North African pirate beys, which is in part why Spain was trying to establish footholds there)
- most annoying is ofcourse the game speed (shouldn't it be Marathon?).

Had fun trying it out though. ;)

The same scenario in smaller format would be well appreciated...

Saying by example the standard size...

Because huge maps are very horrible for most average computers...

A standard size of this scenario would be very appreciated :)

Top Bottom