Mesopotamia the Cradle of Civilization (BtS)

I just uploaded v 1.0 I have as suggested added two new civs in this release which include; the Minoan Civilization and the Israelite Civilization. I have also added unique art for King Minos. I have also added civilopedia entries for the leaders some with civilopedia entries as well but all leaders now have there own unique traits favorite civic and religion. I have screenie's at the d/l page Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Downloaded! :goodjob: Nice screenshot of Minos too - though, if you add Civpedia text, you might explain Minos is a mythical figure (like Gilgamesh), not a historical one. Also, Pheonician=Phoenician, and "the Minoan civilization didn't survice long"?

"The Minoan culture flourished from approximately 2700 to 1450 BC." (Source: Wikipedia, Minoan Culture)

Otherwise: :thumbsup:

Downloaded! Nice screenshot of Minos too - though, if you add Civpedia text, you might explain Minos is a mythical figure (like Gilgamesh), not a historical one. Also, Pheonician=Phoenician, and "the Minoan civilization didn't survice long"?

"The Minoan culture flourished from approximately 2700 to 1450 BC." (Source: Wikipedia, Minoan Culture)
I'm going to update the civilopedia text in one of the next releases. I'll check the Art. :crazyeye:

Really liked this one, and please do make a zorastrian religion if you make a persian mod, cuz its so annoying when people put other religions into a middle east mod;)

I ran into this problem when I loaded your mod (launched from the map directly).

Python error:

Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_MENES
Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_HIRAM
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_PHEONICIA
Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_MURSILIS
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_HITTITE
Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_CYAXARES
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_MEDE
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_INDUS_VALLEY
Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_AGAMEMNON
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_MYCENAEAN

And also found the XML error in the error logs:

[490.890] info type LEADER_MENES not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.906] info type LEADER_HIRAM not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.906] info type CIVILIZATION_PHEONICIA not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.906] info type LEADER_MURSILIS not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.906] info type CIVILIZATION_HITTITE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.921] info type LEADER_CYAXARES not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.921] info type CIVILIZATION_MEDE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.921] info type CIVILIZATION_INDUS_VALLEY not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.937] info type LEADER_AGAMEMNON not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
[490.937] info type CIVILIZATION_MYCENAEAN not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml

Obviously these civs weren't listed in the player selection screen. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I guess it was a bad idea launching the mod from the map file. I relaunched from the regular menu and that part was fixed.

I did run into a "fire temple" (running the Egyptians) but its button art was wrong as it showed up as a pink square in the build menu which, as could be expected, caused a CTD when I clicked on it.

I found this in the resmgr log:

RESMGR: Texture ,Art/Interface/Buttons/Religions/Zoroastrianism.dds failed to load

Your art def file for the fire temple calls for a zoroastrianism.dds file. Your button file is labeled zoro.dds instead. That's probably the source of the error.

--------------

EDIT

I fixed the link with the button art, which now appears correctly... but I still get a CTD if I click on it.

Looks wonderful! I'll be sure to download this scenario and play it when I get back home.

That's a month away, though. :p

i cant seem to load this game ive installed it to were the install wizard sed to but i'm quite new to this and am unsure how to load it

i would be grateful for help ??

Welcome, lee404! I guess with the installer The Navy Seal thought it unnecessary to include download instructions on his Download Page (which, BTW, still shows it to be v. 1.0): when BtS is loaded, select Advanced, then Load A Mod, choose Mesopotamia, go to Play A Scenario and you're good to go!

PS: with the Mod Chooser mod you can automatically load a mod.;)

I got the message "You have been defeated!" after start up. Didn't get a chance even to inhale. What should I do to to fix this?

I took a look at it didn't find any CTD's or instant death bugs in it? I did find that the Zoroastrianism fire temple icon didn't work so I fixed it. I recommend redownload it then install it then start BTS then go to Advanced load A Mod Mesopotamia then single player load a scenario...

I'll make some game tweaks with civilopedia entries and other stuff then post the next version for you it should be 100% bug free! have fun! :thumbsup:

Hello,

The file is no more available.
May you upload the file again?

Thanks!

Top Bottom