Mesopotamia

You don't need to worry about traits because they don't exist anymore. Although thinking of them might help with deciding what his AI weight and preferences should be.

Vishaing said:
You don't need to worry about traits because they don't exist anymore. Although thinking of them might help with deciding what his AI weight and preferences should be.
Right, right, right! :lol: where have I been? :hmm:.

I'm now working on a leaderhead, I hope to get some preview done sometime in the coming days. The current LH choice is Hammurabi, by most players, the fact that he has been a civ tradition and is probably the most known by the average joe.

By "Working on a LeaderHead", do you mean designing and animating a graphic, or working on the AI code behind it. If you want you can send me a description of what you think Hammurabi is like and I can take a crack at the AI code. I think I know enough about XML and can get a feel for appropriate values from other leaders.

Vishaing said:
By "Working on a LeaderHead", do you mean designing and animating a graphic, or working on the AI code behind it. If you want you can send me a description of what you think Hammurabi is like and I can take a crack at the AI code. I think I know enough about XML and can get a feel for appropriate values from other leaders.
No, I actually meant an animated graphic, that's hopefully what I intend to do, I do not like static images of LHs :).

I'm depicting it on Cyrus, had success deleting the crown, created a Babylonian head-dress and I'm now adding a beard. Wish me luck Vishaing ;) ! And thanks anyway :king: .

I'm hoping to get some preview of what I currently have soon.

Okay, so it didn't turn out as I was hoping it would; seems that we are far away from the stage where we could 'create' or 'alter' current LHs, or even create ones, not even with 3Ds Max :( .

So... not waiting any longer, I started creating the LH with a more 'certain' way, I simply began adding other objects to it to change appearance.
It seems that we cannot get rid of Cyrus' crown, but I guess, we'll have to do with it...

Here is what I am planning, shouldn't take long, I have already made the background (animated), and currently began texturing the LH. Here is a very early preview with the beard (I made it) un-textured yet.
Hammu1.gif

If you can, I suggest looking for leaderheads that Rhye doesn't use, and slightly modding them. I'm not too keen on seeing 5 different Cyruses running around.

I don't think there's anyone good for Hammurabbi - maybe Ramses II when he shows up? but just a general idea

Arkaeyn said:
If you can, I suggest looking for leaderheads that Rhye doesn't use, and slightly modding them. I'm not too keen on seeing 5 different Cyruses running around.

I don't think there's anyone good for Hammurabi - maybe Ramses II when he shows up? but just a general idea
I know what you mean, but I think Cyrus is the best fit, I have thought about Ramses, but then again most probably the head-dress won't be a separate object, like Cyrus' crown.

I'm not sure, I'll hopefully finish the LH for Hammurabi tomorrow evening, and I'll be posting a screenshot. When Warlords will come out we'll see what we can do.

I might as-well start working on that UU, everytime I finish some asset I'll be posting a preview for you guys to look at and comment upon ;) .

Good night for now!

Have you checked out Amra's modpack? It has a Hammurabi leaderhead that you can use based on Cyrus.

Drtad said:
Have you checked out Amra's modpack? It has a Hammurabi leaderhead that you can use based on Cyrus.
I was looking at it last night, I've seen the LH, but with all due respect to Amra ;) , the LH is just a re-skin. What I plan to do is reskin Cyrus and add some objects to the LH.

As I said I'm hoping to post a preview soon.

Again, would you like help with the XML coding of the AI preferences for Hammurabi? I would like to help, and someone needs to do it. If so though, I need a description of what Hammurabi was like and what exactly he did to base the preferences on.

Vishaing, I really appreciate your will to help out, but I think it is still to early to starting creating the XML. I would prefer waiting for Warlords to adjust the XML files, so that we don't have to update it when it gets released with the new files.

After I create the graphic assets I will certainly ask for your help ;)!

Ah, yes. That. Good point. It's at times like these that I'm gald I'm lazy, otherwise I probably would have already started on the XML that might just get wasted pointlessly.

An idea just struck me, browsing through the forums and looking at the other UBs Warlords will bring, I've noticed that all UBs are NOT AT ALL wonders :(. If the Ziggurat was to be in, it will have to be an ordinary building, it would not be named the 'Ziggurat of Ur-Nammu', instead it would just be a Ziggurat, with the shape as a generic one.

Does anyone still think the Edubba is a better idea? until I get some answers I will start modeling the Edubba.

Ideas?

Prestidigitator said:
[...] Does anyone still think the Edubba is a better idea? [...] I will start modeling the Edubba.

Ideas?
I do, the Edubbas were arguably the first schools built for the public on Earth, some Edubbas date back to the 4th millenium BC, I think it should be in :) .

Time to bump this thread up!

Well, actually, I wanted to show you guys what I have done in-terms of the Leader Head...
After alot of extensive work :p, I made Cyrus into Hammurabi! It's not quite done yet (notice the beard), but I'll be posting an in-game screenshot if many people thought it was good enough. I've also done the background.

NOTICE: I've had success removing Cyrus' crown :D!

Here it is:
screen1.gif
I'm eager to know what everyone thinks, now that Warlords is out, maybe Rhye can give opinions too... ;)

:wow: good enough? that looks EXCELLENT! Finally the pack of cigars on top of his head is gone!
I think this should make it into the mod, you must get started on the other assets now! :goodjob:

It is a great work! For nitpicking I can say:

- Darken the eyebrows to a color similar of the beard.
- Perhaps try to join the beard and hair.
- It would make it more different from Cyrus if you could remove the moustache.
- More detail in clothes, a darker or less saturated blue with gold trims perhaps would be nice.
- Some more detail to the hat.

If you want any help with it, talk to me. I have some experience with photoshop and textures. :)

But still, it is a great work!!! Keep it up!! :D

Top Bottom