Mic3 - Wonder Expansion

Lots of options here. I have come up with the craziest one:
We COULD simply delay Bachs in favor of Copernicus', by working the coast instead of the mines temporarily. Then start on Bach's all over again. Bach's would actually become our pre-build for the Theater unless we are lucky enough to grab it as well. Maybe. This one seems rather off-beat...but it will ensure that we get the Observatory. Rushing a University sounds like a good idea if it is possible.

Now for the research end. The other civs have Chemistry already, so they SHOULD be studying Astronomy. So instead, we will study Banking, skipping Economics, and go straight for Free Artistry. We will trade for Astronomy, attempting to keep our hold on Music theory if possible. If not, then it will simply be a race to Free Artistry before India builds Bachs.

With my scenario, we will score Copernicus, but probably not Bach's, unless we can somehow keep the monopoly on Music Theory. So the real question here is: What is more important, more science or more happiness? Bach's culture is nice too, but I think the science outweighs that.

Regardless if we use my plan or not, the next question is about where to settle. I see the Ottomans have settled the nice spot I picked out earlier (I took a picture of it during my last set of turns,) but they are VERY weak right now. We should build a few more galley's, a settler, and raze the city(it's size 1.) Getting China into the fight will ensure our success. In fact, after taking the city, we might consider razing the other city they have on the island just north of my spot, and throw up a few troops to block someone from settling there until we are ready.

I really hope that one of India's cities will flip to us, as having cities closer to us is ideal, but we can't bank on that.

Well I overestimated our research capability. :) This also means we'll not go to Shakespear fast enough.

How about this:

Build Bach's in 7 turns, then rush university, then use courthouse as 3-turn prebuild, and time Astronomy to finish during this timeframe. This way we'll probably get Copernicus unless India gets a GA.

We can always choose to investigate India to make sure. If we cannot build Copernicus, we can research Navigation to switch to Magallan's, or Banking + Economics to switch to Smith's.

Kiech, I do want JS Bach's more than Copernicus as it has more culture.

If we want to build Bachs, then we should still reasearch Banking. We will be able to trade MT + cash for Astronomy. Hopefully they get it within 7 turns, so we get full worth of the tech.

Kiech said:
If we want to build Bachs, then we should still reasearch Banking. We will be able to trade MT + cash for Astronomy. Hopefully they get it within 7 turns, so we get full worth of the tech.

That's of course an option. AI usually love Astronomy/Navigation. And Banking can get us a 6-turn prebuild using bank too. The only risk is what if AI doesn't research Astronomy? We can then research Economics then directly go to Shakespear.

I am actually suprised that India doesn't already have it, as in my games the AI tend to shoot straight for Astronomy after getting Inventon...they already have chemistry, no doubt Astronomy isn't far away. Anyways, with India's GA imminent, we probably won't get Copernicus, and we need to move quickly to Shakey's. I don't think we will really need economics before democracy, as we should be able to research FA before they can finish the observatory, which would be our pre-build.

But on to the more tangible tactic. Where do we want the next city? Does anyone agree with my choice?

as we should be able to research FA before they can finish the observatory, which would be our pre-build.

Not necessarily. Calcutta was 15spt (without GA) and could build Copernicus in 22 turns. Not sure about Delhi but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 18spt.

Can we research PP, Democracy, FA within 22 turns? Probably (PP and FA should be pretty cheap, but Democracy might need more than 10 turns).

And if AI researches Navigation we can always fall back if we lose Copernicus.

But the problem is what if India gets GA?

Hmm. We can play by ear, then. Research Banking as fast as possible, then spy on whatever city India is building Copernicus in. If we can't make it - Economics, if we can - straight to FA.

And if the RNG gods are nice to us, maybe we will get a SGL along the way.

Also: IF India gets astronomy before we finish Bachs, AND we don't need to trade MT away to get it, should we take copernicus, then re-build Bachs?

We would still build Bachs. It would just be slightly delayed. Note this only works if we don't have to trade MT for Astronomy.

Sorry, I was just assuming that he will finish sometime before tomorrow. I can be paitent. :)

--- Continued ---

research set to astronomy in 9

IBT: Mao demands music - nope - no declaration
590AD: Novgorod switched to worker; start to upgrade pikes to muskets; disband all warrios but the elite - there is always hope, isn't it :)
IBT: Novgorod worker-uni; we now have 15 workers (14 native + 2 slaves) arranged in 5 teams of 3
600AD: disband the regular spear
IBT: --
610AD: chop
620AD: chop
630AD: chop
IBT: Buffalo uni-barracks
640AD: India has learned banking :)
IBT: Iroquis and America sign MA vs Germany; India offers chemistry for music - we let them add 7gpt; Moscow Bach's-uni; St. Peter uni-knight; Yaroslawl harbor-uni; piece of palace; spices deal ends
650AD: I revoke what I said in turn 3 and trade Feudalism to Iroquis for spices

What I intend now:

Moscow: will get 20 + 10 forest shields in the interturn - wait for them then rush uni and then start Copernikus' at max shields
St. Pete: mixture between growth and military - can build a knight every 5
Novgorod: will be size 12 with all necessary buildings in the interturn; could produce military, but maybe a court first would be good
Buffalo: will need the barracks first to produce military; already has a court; don't irrigate any more squares there
Yaroslavl: I stupidly missed growth by one food :( it should get an uni and a court too

I started moving our galleys home and left some pikes to be upgraded to save cash for rushing.

I tried to flipcalc Indian cities and got 0,32% for Konya, 0,06% for Indus and 0,00% for Ganges, so that is opted out I guess. A wild move would be to settle in the desert se,se of Konya to raise pressure on Konya and Ganges, but that seems too much guesswork and a bit exploitive anyways. A war on the Ottos for the crappy corrupted isles seems not worth it too. How about we don't build more cities now? Apart from strategic ressources (which we miss none of till now) and maybe luxuries (which we can easily trade for) we won't get anything worthwhile, if we don't attack India - which seems suicidal now. We should try later after building many more knights - india has no access to salpeter. The idea would be to capture Indus and Dacca or Konya and Ganges, when we are allowed to take 2 cities then hold position till we can peace them and stay that way till the end. It's a 20k after all, so why should we initiate a war?

And a last remark: we have no embassies with the Aztechs, Iroquis and Germans. I think atm the cash is better used for research, upgrades and maybe an inventigation once some civs started Copernikus', but no sooner.

Here I go. Lets see where I can take us.

A cheaply surveyed Indian town.

My favorite target. It has iron!

No more golden age. Oh well.

Why is China even bothering?

Our empire.

Top Bottom