Microing still work; any mods to fix this?

Actually its the extremely clumsy way the queue interface works that usually made me turn it off. You have to add from one menu and move around and delete from another.

No. This is not a gameplay change, only interface.

Okay, again, not really sure what you are talking about. Unless I'm mistaken, a multicity build queue takes the resources of multiple cities and combines them into a single production base. Or are you talking about a queue that you would set and it would set the queue in multiple individual cities? If that's the case, then no thanks.

When I go to war or when I get DOWed, I need multiple different types of units and I need them all around the same time. So one city builds Infantry, another builds Artillery, a third builds Armor, etc. With one queue that set the queues in multiple cities, I'm building the same thing in ever city. So instead of being able to go to war after a dozen turns because I have the diversity, I have to wait for 30 turns before I have a massive army that is cumbersome to move and slows down my march thru enemy territory.

Only if u have 3 cities. Cevo is still civ.

And yet again, what are you trying to say? Whether I have three cities or 30, they still have their own needs and advantages. Sure there will be multiple cities that produce gold and multiple cities that produce units but they will still have different needs at different times since they were built at different times.

And Civ Evo is not Civ. Civilization is a 20 year old franchise with resources and advanced game mechanics and graphics and a failry loyal fanbase a good portion of which has been around for the full 20 years.

Civ Evo is a freeware game built by people who liked some things about Civ and decided to make their own game. While they are similar, they are two separate and different things.

And Civ Evo is not Civ. Civilization is a 20 year old franchise with resources and advanced game mechanics and graphics and a failry loyal fanbase a good portion of which has been around for the full 20 years.

Civ Evo is a freeware game built by people who liked some things about Civ and decided to make their own game. While they are similar, they are two separate and different things.
Civs 2-4 are closer in gameplay to C-evo than Civ 5. Cevo is made by a fan of Civ. Civ 5's resource hoginess nullifies the graphics advantage. There are fans of Asian MMORPGS. Really i stopped playing Cevo cause there are no mods.

Or are you talking about a queue that you would set and it would set the queue in multiple individual cities? If that's the case, then no thanks.

When I go to war or when I get DOWed, I need multiple different types of units and I need them all around the same time. So one city builds Infantry, another builds Artillery, a third builds Armor, etc. With one queue that set the queues in multiple cities, I'm building the same thing in ever city. So instead of being able to go to war after a dozen turns because I have the diversity, I have to wait for 30 turns before I have a massive army that is cumbersome to move and slows down my march thru enemy territory.

And yet again, what are you trying to say? Whether I have three cities or 30, they still have their own needs and advantages. Sure there will be multiple cities that produce gold and multiple cities that produce units but they will still have different needs at different times since they were built at different times.
This. Oh dear.

There are multiple mc queues. I addressed this. Yeah it sucks having too many units....

Well i don't want to micromanage. I want to skip it and say the difficulty of the game is increased. You are wrong anyway. Give specific examples.

This. Oh dear.

There are multiple mc queues. I addressed this. Yeah it sucks having too many units....

Well i don't want to micromanage. I want to skip it and say the difficulty of the game is increased. You are wrong anyway. Give specific examples.

I'm assuming you mean this post:
You must not build many buildings. Do you only play medium maps and early conquest or something? Anyway the Cevo queue lets you set the next unit to build for any set of cities. Say you need more horsemen, set the all "cities producing military" queue to horsemen and let the orders happen automatically. Set three queues with different units and get the right mix of units for your military.

I somehow missed it. Seems to me that instead of having to micro individual city queues you have to micro multi-city queues. Choose this queue and tell it to do this etc, etc. And then when you need those cities to do something different then what they are doing, you have to go and adjust something else.

Like I said, I'll stick with having the individual queues so I can adjust each city as I need it since I almost never have multiple cities building the same things in the same order. Plus each city is going to build things at faster rates depending on how much production they have. I want a city with a high production building units that have a higher cost and the cities with less production building the things with lower cost. It's way more efficient, imo.

But since I'm probably not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me, I guess it's kind of pointless.

play cevo, you are hardcore civ fan. its free and dls in seconds. Like i said the micromanagement reduction will make a full game take only 2 hrs. See the best ai in a civ game. a working example is the best way to convince someone.

one thing that gets overlooked and causes extra clicks is the fact that you don't have to open up a city fully to change the build. you can just click on the circle on the right side of the city (where it shows the icon of what you are building) and it will go straight to the build queue. You can also do this from the city list. Using the city list (from the top left) you can change all the builds at once very quickly, if need be. Also holding shift adds to the end of the list and holding control inserts it at the beginning.

Top Bottom