Mid-Game Mire, Proposed Game Series

CreeDakota

King
I am wondering if there is interest in the forums for a series of games based on players trying to salvage a bad initial opening or an otherwise suboptimal setup?

Basically a series where instead of starting with a settler in 4000 BC the player starts from a later date with some significant deficiency in thier empire. Saves could be created with advanced starts/worldbuilder or could be volunteered by players who fear they have played poorly and would like to see how someone else would handle thier game differently and pull out a win.

For Example:

Scenario 1: The Sons of Genghis

Civ: Mongols. Leader Kublia Kahn.

Play starts at somewhere in the early AD's. Player inheriets a large empire but an economy on the brink of collapse. Few or no cottages, large maintence costs, a tech path forcused on military techs, low workers, angry citizens due to cruel slavery, a bloated and poorly positioned military, and pissed off neighbors due to a history of war. Can you keep the empire intact and avoid the historical fate of the Mongol Empire?

Scenario 2: Look at my Shinies!

Civ: Greece Leader: Alexander

Play starts around 1 AD. The Player inherits a great capital with a few fun wonders. The cultural envy of the world. But thats it...no second city, only one worker, and only a couple of military units. The tech path has been chasing religions and wonders; some of the basic worker and econ techs are missing. To top it off you are on a large landmass and your imperialist neighbors have been expanding like mad. Can you leverage your Great Wall and Temple of Artimeis into a win?

Just a couple of examples. I have never tried to set up a game like this and frankly it sounds like a good amount of work.

Top Bottom