Middle-Earth: Lord of the Mods (Private Beta I)

Favoured Flight's Civ II LotR scenarios have clips of the soundtrack in them, but we'd want to use the whole track, wouldn't we?

I have the soundtrack for FOTR and TTT that I normally have playing in the background. It sure makes playing any type of LOTR games seem more real.

I've only just stumbled across this thread, is there anywhere that lists what has currently been made for the game and what needs to be made?

Olorin0222 said:
I think that since the LH's are pretty well established, we could have them as a separate download.
I think that it's a very good idea. :)

I appreciate that (and I am excited and envious about its existance) ... my point was more about the 'why post this info :confused: ' as the beta team would no doubt already be aware and visiting ... it just hurts my feelings :blush: :p ...

I hadn't noticed it either.

Sorry about the hurt feelings, though! :(

Sorry about the hurt feelings, though!
Me, too. I debated not posting, but since the forum had been set up and no notice had gone out about it, I decided to risk posting. Hope no one is offended.

Arathorn

RRnut, check for a forum underneath Site Feedback, at the bottom of the forum listing. I would normally send this in a PM or e-mail, but you have both turned off.

hobbits shouldnt use swords, they use daggers because swords are too big for them and they should have pony's or something but thats just me

Well I suppose I should post this here. The LotM team is looking for active posters to help beta test with us. If you aren't active, we don't want you ;). It sound harsh, but we are looking for people who can give us good feedback on gameplay and/or LotR history. If you can't download 100MB, play the MOD, then type up a bug report every week, don't apply. You'll enjoy the Public Beta much more than the private :).

If you can beta test, and be active, we can get you into the private beta forum.
You can contact me via PM on the forum. Some other ways to contact me via direct e-mail: pchighway@msn.com

mimic said:
hobbits shouldnt use swords, they use daggers because swords are too big for them and they should have pony's or something but thats just me
Not sure I follow. Hobbits couldn't use a human sword, a human dagger, a human bow, or a human-sized spear. But, of course, a Hobbit could use a Hobbit-made sword, spear, bow, shield, or whatever fairly easily. Same goes for the Dwarves, they made their own types of armor and weapons, specific to their size.
Ponies? No ;).
Ponies are quite small, quite untrained, and probably couldn't stand up against another Hobbit on foot, let alone other races. There is no evidence of Hobbits using ponies in battle. Ponies are simply too untrained and fragile, let alone the fact that even if they were trained, their size wouldn't even be an advantage.

well pehaps you could use the pony as a settler unit? to carry supplies or somthing
are you using special units like the nazgul or aragorn any of them?

Top Bottom