Mildly interesting

RoAdd

Chieftain
Being in medieval era on emperor, epic speed and I found this..... Apparently Poland somehow got so hard into negatives it doesn't generate science anymore... I usually see those numbers in medieval era, not in ancient... He was isolated on his own continent/island. Does AI just build troops even if there isn't any imminent threat/they cant maintain them?

Spoiler :

poland ancient.png

Attachments

• poland ancient.png
    poland ancient.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 90
Yeah, That happens a lot to AIs in early game, especially to Authority ones.

I didn't even see he was authority, that explains it. Tons of cities + conscription = lots of maintenance and doesn't delete em

Since around 3 or 4 patches, I see this also, and it isnt rare.
In most cases it was Montezuma, I think cause of his early UU, he produce them mass and then stuck in technology. I think, they produce buildings too fast and then produce a lot of units, cause nothing new is invented. With the increased supply cap, they spend a lot more unit maintenance than the human does and then stuck in a down spiral. Maybe the lack of new buildings but still fast growth of the cities will cause a lot of unhappiness, creating an even more devastating death spiral.

I didn't even see he was authority, that explains it. Tons of cities + conscription = lots of maintenance and doesn't delete em

AI knows how to delete units.

I really feel like people are making a lot of grand and false (fake news?) assumptions about the AI today.

G

Backward isolated natives, for once. Usually Civ V tends to yield the opposite result: isolated guys do fairly well provided they have enough land...

Backward isolated natives, for once. Usually Civ V tends to yield the opposite result: isolated guys do fairly well provided they have enough land...
The main reason may be the lack of danger, making a full army unnecessary, and enables you to concentrate on infrastructure.
But authority on an isolated island gives you nearly nothing, except the border growth and the garrison bonuses.

Poland's trade routes are gonna yield a disgusting number of beakers though.

I attacked him and he had brutes on almost every tile of his continent... so idk. I just assumed he didnt know to delete them, my bad. I just wanted to bring to attention since it doesn't seem normal. Also he is alone on the continent and cant trade on ocean till renaissance(astronomy?) so he has no chance of getting those beakers lol.

He will close the gap fast, after somone reach renaissance and give him a spy. In one of my games, Montezuma jumped from 15 to 22 technologies in 18 turns. Meanwhile I get a message every 2 or 3 turns, someone has stolen a tech from me. Even I had a constabulary and a counterspy in my capitol. Only 1 of the 9 techs someone has stolen from me, was detected. None of them get killed. Bulding constabulary and do counter espionage feels useless. While this comeback mechanic forced Montezuma out of his stone age. This feels really artificial.

I attacked him and he had brutes on almost every tile of his continent... so idk. I just assumed he didnt know to delete them, my bad. I just wanted to bring to attention since it doesn't seem normal. Also he is alone on the continent and cant trade on ocean till renaissance(astronomy?) so he has no chance of getting those beakers lol.

Brutes or Warriors?

G

Warriors sorry :p. Used to see lots of barbarians that match, since they have the same icon, my mind went to brutes.

While here, i was just playing and this happened. Couple of cities lost their name. I've seen this happen before to me? Is it a known bug? Extra mods used are EE and City States Evolved
Spoiler :
bug.png

I personally can't play without it. I need to know which tiles are more valuable for me/enemy(in case of pillaging priority)

Well its quicker :p and that's how I played from the moment i started. Old habits die hard.
Completely agreed. I tried turning them off recently when I saw a screenshot that reminded me how pretty the game is without them.

After 10 turns turned them right back on. I couldn't stand it!

Top Bottom