• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Military Department Disscution: The Iroq Battle Plans

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Here is the battle plans of Part A of the Iroq Invasion. I will get Part B made as Soon as possible

Iroq Invasion Plan Part A

I am planning on using 4-5 Cavalry, 4 Rifles (or infantry), 1 Cannon (or Artillery) units per Arrow that is on the map. Hopefuly we can "close the mouth" at this sector

Iroq Invasion Plan Part B

Watch this space as it will be updated tomorrow

Looks good, CG. I would only add to your plan (so far) are extra defenses for the cities on the Iroquois border. For example, a minimum of 2 rifles should be in the border cities.

I support Octavian on that. We should not go to war without proper defences along our border! I would recommend 2-3 Rifles or Infantry per City, if only two then possibly with some backup Cavalry nearby.

I'd also suggest more cavarly and cannons. Cav also have an attack of 6, like Infantry. Infantry will serve to defend the cav as the cav come out to attack. I'm sure the cav can take out the northern cities easily, as there's probably not many units in there.

I would like maybe 3-4 cannons per city, 5 if possible. Rifles and cannons could enter first (taking 2 turns to reach the city. Cav could enter the border on turn 2, taking cover under the riflemen. On turn 3, we'll attack.

greetings all,

Part I sounds very effective. These cities should be ours in no time.

What i'm worried about is the western border at Karachi, that must have a heavy attack front or some good defensive plan. I'm sure CG has already given that a lot of thought, but I worry about the border situation in the QuelleWasser und 'Wine&Dine' provinces.

And i want to conquer the whole Wine&Dine desert! :)
~ikey

I have put a whole lot of thought into the defensive Part in this plan. I am Planning on fortifying 4-5 Cannons (or Artillery) per city in that region.

For the Attack phase, the Rifles and Cannon forces will move in first along with the Cavalry units, will enter on turn 2. On turn 3 We will beguin first by Bombarding the cities to soften up the Iroq defenses, and then attack with the Cavalry.

That's a lot of wasted cannons. 2 per city is more than enough. With a large scale assault there is little worry about the AI starting offensive maneuvers. They typically curl up into a shell.

Originally posted by Shaitan
That's a lot of wasted cannons. 2 per city is more than enough. With a large scale assault there is little worry about the AI starting offensive maneuvers. They typically curl up into a shell.

Only 2 per city? Maybe it's just my luck with cannons, but 2 cannons never do any damage to a city. I attacked Uruk with 10 cannons, and it only took off 3 hp total, and destroyed a ton of buildings.

The Plan for Offensive Action
I would like maybe 3-4 cannons per city, 5 if possible. Rifles and cannons could enter first (taking 2 turns to reach the city. Cav could enter the border on turn 2, taking cover under the riflemen. On turn 3, we'll attack.QUOTE]

A sound procedure. This leaves our cavalry free on the first two turns to deal with any Iroquois invasion forces. This gives CivGen's plan an overall timetable:

Turn 1) Declare war and initiate border crossing by rifles and cannon.

Turn 2) Judge and counterattack any massed Iroquois forces attempting an offensive, begin to redeploy cavalry.

Turn 3) Begin reducing outlying Iro cities and finish redeploying cavalry.

Turn 4) Finish "clarifying" our border, take first steps in invasion of Iroquois homeland.

Turn 5) War essentially decided; Iroquois field army destroyed, massive invasion of Iroquois core territories begins.

Feodor Ardent
Deputy Miltary Affairs Minister

:soldier: :soldier: :soldier:

"Now all we need is a deck of cards"

Last night (at around 2:00amish EST ) I had a chat with Dave and TFZ about our status of the military in witch inspiered me to post a new stronger Plan.

We should switch all production to Cannons, If possible, and later switch to Artillery. At this Difficulty Level we should attack with Artillery Stacks. We should also try to get MPPs with everyone. If the unit counters and attacks us the MPP will brng a Domino war to the Iroqs. Here is what I am going to urge the Following departments what to do.

FA: Try to sign as many MPPs as you can

Govenors: Try to fit in Cannons (Artillery), Rifles (infantry), and Cavalry (Tanks) to your build queue as you see fit.

Are you saying we should only use Artillery???
Nah, but you need a good lot of cannon to take cities quickly and efficiently. The alternative is endless horses of expensive cav slaughtered by fortified riflemen. You can win that way, if you have a bottomless bank account and no sense of aesthetics.

If we can can execute the artillery upgrade at lightning speed, we can take a LOT of cities fairly quickly before the lesser powers can upgrade to infantry.

Feodor
Deputy Minister of Military Affairs
Colonel-General of the Fanatika-Heer
Loyal Minion of CivGeneral

Langrave of Quellewasser's Report to the Military Affairs Ministry

I have barracks ready as needed for the war, but otherwise am contributing to the war preperations by building up infrastructure and culture with my limited resources. Every tile I can secure via culture is potentially a road we can use.

Yrs,

The Langrave
(Hand-delivered to the DM for MA)

I do hpoe we dicuss this even futher, and let all of the governors see it. The TC is at high noon EST today. Hopefully, we end the chat once the IA is complete. (gee, never thought I'd hear myself say that)

I don't see any need to stop the chat for the IA. FA hasn't called for anything except spy placement with it and info doesn't come without specific actions.

MPP's with everybody are a very, very bad idea. That tends to muck things up to where there are many factional wars and totally destroys our foreign standing as we do things like declare war on Greece because a MPP has been activated.

Rhineland shall help CivGeneral in his request.

Originally posted by Shaitan
MPP's with everybody are a very, very bad idea. That tends to muck things up to where there are many factional wars and totally destroys our foreign standing as we do things like declare war on Greece because a MPP has been activated.

Hmm, I may and will have to talk to Dave (or TFZ) about this one since they were the onces that suggested to use a MPP. But If it muck things up then I would abort the MPP

CivGeneral looks for TFZ and Dave

Top Bottom