Military Idea

Garbarsardar.jr said:
almost got it but...
you say 2W. any 2W? how do you specify Weapons, and how do youassign them to prospective units? sorry for the nit-picking but I think that all ideas are more clear with some(internal) visual aid...thanks again

:scan:
\/
\/
This means that 5 shields are transformed to finished goods/weapons. If there were a second slider for the distinction between FG and W, even better. Let's say, the second slider states 60% FG, 40% weapons. Then, your smithery produces 3 FG/turn and 2 W/turn.

;)

(very tentatively approaching the keyboard to ask again)
I meant how do you choose from different weapons and how do you assign those(and de-assign those) to or from units?.....sorrrrrry

Sorry, obviously I haven't got the question...
The weapons would be generic. I don't like the idea to have to choose between lances, swords, bows, slings and whatever... this would become tedious and wouldn't improve gameplay.
Obviously, there wouldn't be any de-chosing of them.
Allocating the weapons would happen upon unit creation: you would pick an citizen and assign him to military tasks (if you have the needed amount of weapons available, otherwise he would become some kind of militia)
As I've stated above, with new techs (depending on the area) available, the kind of weapon would change, so after getting feudalism the generic sword would become a broad sword. With gunpowder, it would become a musket, with Nationalism it would become a rifle, with Replace Parts it would become a M-16. But they all would be generic, so the M-16 would resemble small machine-guns, grenades and all this kind of stuff.
That way, upgrading would be dependant on the availability of new weapons, if a new area of weaponry would be entered (spear = sword, pike = broad sword, musketman = musket, rifleman = gun, infantry = m-16)

Top Bottom