Mines vs Farms on Hills?

Mines always, there's plenty of other sources of food besides farms and you often hit the housing cap pretty fast. On the flipside you need every hammer you can get, so mines are always good. Only exception may be if a hill farm is the only way to complete a post-feudalism farm triangle, but to be honest I haven't felt the need to make one of those since patch 1.

I have a start with litearlly no non-hills except on the 3rd ring or so. Its pretty brutal!

One option would be to move the starting settler. Do you usually micromanage citizen placement? If so, diversity of tiles is good so you can work high food tiles sometimes, and hammer tiles other times. If not, a few hill farms might be useful since 2f 2p tiles at least won't stop you from growing at all (assuming you have a few pastures). From your discription it sounds like you'll have some of each. Keep in mind if your starting location has that many hills some of them probably have resources that will appear later, and those are usually mine resources.

Yeah I have resolved to just have less food for now with hopes of massive production later. If no resources pop up, then I may plop some farms down.

Top Bottom