Mini Map

Nate128

Bow to your king.
At the start of the game, shouldnt the minimap have your first city taking up almost the whole screen, with it in the center. As you explore, it should get smaller and move into the direction it is actually in, based on where you explore. Say you start out exploring east, the minimap would have your city(s) move west, and vice versa. No civilization ever knew that they were on the Southernmost part of the world. If they did, The Americas would have been discovered much earlier.

That would mak alot of sence no matter what verison Civilization you are playing. Guess they never thought of that.

I only partly agree. You should always start with your capital centered till you know otherwise, but i disagree with the part about it taking up the whole mini-map. Can you say "butt ugly"?

Well, I guess it doesnt have to take up the whole screen, but it should be the same size no matter what size your playing on.

I think it makes sence being the whole map after all it is the whole world as far as your concerned. Prehaps just goes over alittle but no more.

...and you didn't know what size world you chose to play on because?

At no point did i state that i didt know what size world i was playing on. Even so what real difference does that make. Certainly stops player on multiplayer going hey im in the bottom left corner. Righto im sorta in the middle off to the left abit, ill send someone down met you half way. Cant see why the Mini Map would be so ugly so it would be all one colour until you find others so what. I agree with the bit you say about switching positions on the map once you now better tho.

I think the main reason its not done is it would be a nice addition but does not really matter at the end of the day and its also simpler for the programmers to keep it universal. Less for cpu to do.

Top Bottom