Minimizing Score, and other questions

Mopheo

Warlord
I only have a couple more days and I finally have time to do a GOTM. I want to do a OCC (still not enough time for a big map) or 2CC, and am thinking of trying for the minimum winning score. I'd like any general tips on how to minimize score.
I'd also like to find the descriptions of all the new stuff for GOTM. I know its here somewhere but I can't find it. I've read the basic GOMT 21 page, but lots of stuff like FOG are not included, and though I've heard a little about them I'm not sure exactly what they are, putting me at a disadvantage.

Spend gold, minimize military, keep citizens unhappy/content, play peacefully, give into demands...
this is starting to sound like one of my games!

Also, I just realized I have no idea idea how to start the game. I installed it, but don't know what to do next. I also saved the predater save in sceneraios folder, is that correct?

Also, is it possible to do a test run on monarch with gotm rules? Before I start on the real game, I'd like to expereince the new rules.

It is really important that you say what version of the game you are playing. Also if you have any specific technical question PM cracker or one of the other staff and they should be able to help you.

If you are playing PTW and installed everything you need correctly you should be able to load the game and start playing. I would move the save file to your PTW Saves Directory and leave the scenario folders for things like art and text folders that are specific to the game.

Sorry, wasn't thinking. PTW 1.21, windows, US version.

I got the GOTM secenario working, it was in a folder which confused me. However, I'd still like to know if I can try the GOTM rules without playing the actual game. Many people have already seen the things in previos GOTM's, and I don't want it to hurt my play, even if I'm going for a low score.

Also, with predator class can you chose any victory, or just space race?

Mopheo, you have waited too late in the month to start this game this month and do not really have time to credibly play this game.

In general, do not open any threads to discuss aspects of currently open games without first contacting a moderator. This rule is for your benefit, protection and support as well as for the benefit of all the players around you.

You are welcome to play the games but heading off in this direction may cause disruption that should be clearly worked out when you are present on a reasonable time schedule.

Begin synchronizing yourself with the process for the next game by reviewing previous discusion threads for Gotm20 and 21 and get ready to start the next game when it is released.

Take this time to read back through a few previous game announcements (they are all linked and available to you from teh game announcement pages) and these pages plus the game discussion threads will answer 99% of your questions.

To minimize Firaxis score, you need to win with as few cities as possible. The bonus for winning after 1250AD is too small to worry about.

Jason score gives you large victory bonus, so to minimize it you need to win as late as possible. Use just enough cities to conquer the world, then abandon them and "milk" to 2050AD as an OCC.

Cracker, I understand that I will miss a lot of the GOTM experience from doing a simple OCC, but it will be better than nothing at least ;). However, I’m afraid that it might mess up with your statistics, so tell me in which case I won’t submit it (or just don’t include it in statistics, but I don’t want to give you extra work).

Actually, I don't think I would have had the patience to complete a huge/large map game in any case, even without extensive micromanaging needed to increase game score, (and I'm not even considering milking), especially on monarch, when the game will never be in the balance. For the same reason, I guess I’m going to give up on minimizing score, as it also seems pretty time consuming. I'll probably go for either OCC with simultaneous wins, probably cultural and diplo (and maybe space race too, if I’m lucky), or a 2CC with simultaneous 20K culture.

Originally posted by cracker
Mopheo, you have waited too late in the month to start this game this month and do not really have time to credibly play this game./B]

Aren't there people who play the GOTM and submit it the very first day? I don't think it's impossible to play GOTM in 5 days (the approximate time left). It just depends how much free time you have, and how you play.

Top Bottom