Ministry of Trade ReWrite Convention: Red Tape Is On The Way

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Welcome to the Convention. I would like to officially call to order this rewrite of the (internal) duties of the Ministry of Trade. As it stands right now, the Minister does everything and thats about it. The proposal (copied from Trade Thread) is as follows:

Thats right, we here at Shylock Corp. are reorganizing ourselves to spin off more divisions and give more people jobs. A ReOrg Convention will begin in T4 to write these down in the proper legal jargon (Cyc, can we count on your attendance for help with said jargon?), but here is the basic outline:
The Ministry of Trade will be broken up into four different components, each with a chair, and all chairs reporting to the Minister with their information.
* The Minister will head the main branch, which deals with major trades of Technology. The Minister will also work with the Ministers of the FA and Science department to assure that the techs are allowed to be traded and that the security of the nation will not be jeopardized by said trades. This is the Technology Trade Office (TTO).
* The second office is the Resource Barter Office (RBO). This office deals in the trade of both Luxury and Strategic Resources. It will report directly to the minister and may have the authority to post in the TCIT.
* The third office works with the Culture Department to ensure that we gain techs for wonders. It is the Wonder Denial Office (WDO). It too reports to the Minister of Trade, but it will not have any TCIT power.
* The fourth office is the Foreign Aid Office (FAO (schwartz...)). This office is a pet of mine, as it works with supplying things to at-risk (friendly) nations to ensure their survival. It would supply them with techs and gold to keep them alive, and, if need be, it would submit a plea to domestic to create a new city which we would be able to transfer to said client state to ensure their survival.

Now, this is the preliminary and it is not in legalesque format. Thats why I call on you, the populous. Make any rewrite you'd like. Help a down-on-his-luck Northeast Liberal (did I mention I'm an endangered species?) write up some bigger government. You'll be glad you did.

SaaM
MoT

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
Help a down-on-his-luck Northeast Liberal (did I mention I'm an endangered species?) write up some bigger government. You'll be glad you did.

Have you looked at the presidential exit polls lately? All of the NE is democratic (liberal) :mischief:.

I like the work the RBO has done so far. What powers does the WDO have to "deny" wonders?..

The WDO would have no power to "deny" wonders, so to speak, but it would work with culture to try to do everything to get those techs quickly. This would be done to make sure that wonders like Magellan could be grabbed by us quickly and in the first place.

SaaM

PS- Please. Find things to reword. Find things to add, subtract, ect.

Top Bottom