1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing buttons

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by rilnator, Apr 4, 2016.

1. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Hi all civvers glad to see there are still people playing Civ III :)

I am currently in editor and I have 2 questions first of all, how to bring up minimap?

Second of all, I seem to be missing a couple of button options. On the right of 'select overlay' it goes straight to brush size. In a you tube vid I watched (trying to learn how to make cities) there were 2 additional buttons there.

See attached pic

2. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

For the minimap: click View, go down the list, click Minimap.
    Buttons: yes you're missing some buttons here, also the zoom in zoom out buttons. No idea how this is possible and how to fix it.
    Maybe you should try another editor, there are at least two very good ones by Steph and Quintillus, they are full of very useful options and functions that the Firaxis editor doesn't have.

3. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

I see that is the vanilla editor, but I checked mine, and I have those buttons. If you cant see a setting for this, you could try unticking toolbar, and then reticking. Maybe it would reset something.

4. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Thanks for response fellas.

@ T-mun. Option not available in view. And these 2 editors available on forum?

@ Nathiri, thanks for tip, didn't work.

5. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

rilnator, it seems you have here a version of vanilla civ 3 that is "the oldest of the oldest". All options (and buttons) about scenario properties are missing. Even in the version of civ complete, the vanilla editor has these options - and the minimap option in the registry that T-mun described to you.

The vanilla editor was patched several times with the normal patches for civ-vanilla. Do you have patched your civ vanilla to the latest patch?

Nearly all mods and scenarios now are done for the Civ 3 expansion C3C. Both editors that you were told (Quintullus and Steph) are also only working with C3C ( = Civ 3 Conquests). They don´t help you for Civ 3 vanilla.

So in my eyes you should patch your version of Civ 3 vanilla to the latest patch and look what this patch improves for your editor, or you should aquire the expansion "Civ 3 Conquests" (or Civ Complete). Both are available for a few dollars.

6. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Lol, fair point. $5 @ Steam :)

7. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Downloaded Civ Complete off Steam but have no idea where the heck 'edit' is.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

8. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

I assume you cannot find where the editor is located? The civ3 complete for steam is setup the same way disc civ3 is. It is just found in the steam root not on its own. If you installed it in Program Files, you go to Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete. Or you open up your steam library, right click civ3 and go to properties. Go to the Local Files tab and hit Browse Local Files. The conquests editor is located in the Conquests Expansion root.

9. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Thanks mate, found it!