Missing Civilizations

CSA (Confederate States of America)
Leader : Jefferson Davis - Financial (Cotton Trade), Creative (Confederation)- favors Free Markets
Leader : Robert Lee - Aggressive (Great Military Personage), Organised (Slavery)- favors Representation

Capital : MONTGOMERY

Flag : "Southern Cross" (Battle Flag); Silver Stars on a diagonal Blue Cross on Dark Red ground

Starting Techs : Agriculture and Hunting

Great Scientists : ??

Great Merchants : Robert Lovett Jr.

Great Prophets : John C. Calhoun, Andrew Jackson

Great Artists : ??

Great Engineers : John Leonard Riddell

Unique Unit : Virginian Cavalry

Cities : For a map, Click here!
Richmond
Danville
Norfolk
Petersburg
Wheeling,
Alexandria
Wilmington
Atlanta
Augusta,
Columbus
Raleigh
Columbia
Charleston
Jackson
Nashville
Memphis
Baton Rouge
New Orleans
Little Rock
Tallahassee
Austin
Houston
Mobile
Savannah

Please suggest leader traits, and great leaders. The ones I have listed here are the basic initial suggestions.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
by the way- your List in post #1 doesnt contain the Ethiopians (also Abyssinians or Aksumite Empire)
You missed them just between Austria and Australia under the name Abyssinia. :) But thanks for the interest. C.S.A. is also listed, but your list has different suggestions too, and that is the point of this database, to gather as much as information possible.

Since this database is growing in size, in the near future i might consider editing the first post to link the civs to the appropriate posts. That would make the search easier. It could be a little problem for multiple lists tho?

Tunch Khan said:
You missed them just between Austria and Australia under the name Abyssinia. :) But thanks for the interest. C.S.A. is also listed, but your list has different suggestions too, and that is the point of this database, to gather as much as information possible.

Since this database is growing in size, in the near future i might consider editing the first post to link the civs to the appropriate posts. That would make the search easier. It could be a little problem for multiple lists tho?
Ah, good- this list is getting so long it is hard to keep up :) thk u!!

Tunch Khan said:

Indead, looking for my own took me some time...

Hunting, Agriculture (not mysticism and mining to prevent quik religion and furwer initiate crusades for Holy city capture or spreadig late tech religion)
Leader: Godfrey of Bouillon - agr, spir (Combat I for UU, fast temples, barraks), theocr.
UU: order brother (replace maceman, same stats but recive +2 XP from state religion temple, monastery, +4 XP-cathedral, +8 XP-holy city wonder). +16XP from st religion buildings at max but it's a lot of work!
Why not knights? Coz not all crusader knights were in religion military orders and not all crusade order warriors were knights. Crusaders must has both knights and order fighters!

I think such civ will be intresting!
More history info - see wikipedia crusades, Crusader states, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Teutonic order.

AlCosta15 said:
No, should be Richmond. Richmond was the capital city of the Confederacy.
Not until Virginia joined the South.

The CSA even had 3 Capitals:
The first Capital of the CSA was Montgomery. It was also in Montgomery that Jeferson Davies was appointed president of the Confederacy by the newly installed constitutional convention, in february 1861. Only later was the capital moved to Richmond, an action the Union considered an insult, since this moved the Capital of the "void" secession within the immediate proximity of Washington. After the fall of Richmond Danville was made Capital.

Montgomery, Alabama (February 4, 1861–May 29, 1861)
Richmond, Virginia (May 29, 1861–April 9, 1865)
Danville, Virginia (April 3–April 10, 1865)

Given the particular importance, I have considered Montgomery as 'the' (de facto) CSA capital.

Maybe, Armed Maniac, It was voltigeers, missed the l. Hmm, the were basically a light skirmisher, but very effective.

I would have no idea as what they would replace then.

Hello to everybody,
I'm new in this forum and this is my first message. I apoligize if my english is not good enough:blush:

I'm spanish and I would like to play Civ4 with any of the ancient civilization which lived in Iberian Peninsula. An example is Tartessos a relatively unknown antique civilization.

Tartessos was a legendary civilization which lived in the South of Spain (present Andalucia) 1.000 BC. They were famous all around the Mediterranean Sea for mining silver and bronce. Plato wrote that Tartessos traded with Atlantis and other greek writers said that Tartessos was Atlantis because of his high culture. But Tartessos was destroyed and forgotten.

More information: Tartessos

Leader: King Arganthonius. Creative and Financial, fovours Mercantilism.

Starting Techs: Mining and Fishing

Flag: I think that silver could be the color of the Tartessos' flag. And one of these simbols could be added to it: Bronze figure or Indalo

Unique Unit: Iberian mercenary with Falcata (an strange type of sword, see). This unit could replace axeman (6 strength, +50% vs. Melee Units, 1 first strike)
Tartessos normally used fierce iberian warriors (see) as mercenary to defend himself against enemies.

Great Scientists : Hiarbas

Great Merchants : Elimos

Great Prophets : Anae

Great Artists : Sirco

Great Engineers : Kulkas

Cities:
Turpa (capital)
Nabrissa
Colobona
Olba
Onoba
Cartare
Asta
Xera
Turpila
Calia
Illipa
Carpia
Caura
Cilpe
Tucci
Ugia
Calpe

I don't know if all these names are historical real names. I've extracted them from a novel about Tartessos.
In the future I would like to add information about the Iberian civilization.
Bye and thanks for reading me.

Leader: Juscelino Kubitschek and/or Fernando Henrique Cardoso

Flag: Maybe a green and yellow flag

Unique Unit: Maybe Tupi Indians to replace the warrior or a Cangaceiro(they usually use Sawn-Off shotguns and Machetes, I'll search for a pic) to replace the Musketman

Cities:
Brasilia(now it's the capital city)
Rio de Janeiro
São Paulo
Porto Alegre
Foz do Iguaçu
Fortaleza
Salvador( the first capital city)
Manaus
Curitiba
Belo Horizonte
São Bernardo do Campo
Osasco

Here are some suggestions, I'll search a little more and then I'll suggest more names for cities and the personalities of the leaders

Surikelcimerio said:
Hello to everybody,
I'm new in this forum and this is my first message. I apoligize if my english is not good enough:blush:

I'm spanish and I would like to play Civ4 with any of the ancient civilization which lived in Iberian Peninsula. An example is Tartessos a relatively unknown antique civilization.

Tartessos was a legendary civilization which lived in the South of Spain (present Andalucia) 1.000 BC. They were famous all around the Mediterranean Sea for mining silver and bronce. Plato wrote that Tartessos traded with Atlantis and other greek writers said that Tartessos was Atlantis because of his high culture. But Tartessos was destroyed and forgotten.

More information: Tartessos

Leader: King Arganthonius. Creative and Financial, fovours Mercantilism.

Starting Techs: Mining and Fishing

Flag: I think that silver could be the color of the Tartessos' flag. And one of these simbols could be added to it: Bronze figure or Indalo

Unique Unit: Iberian mercenary with Falcata (an strange type of sword, see). This unit could replace axeman (6 strength, +50% vs. Melee Units, 1 first strike)
Tartessos normally used fierce iberian warriors (see) as mercenary to defend himself against enemies.

Great Scientists : Hiarbas

Great Merchants : Elimos

Great Prophets : Anae

Great Artists : Sirco

Great Engineers : Kulkas

Cities:
Turpa (capital)
Nabrissa
Colobona
Olba
Onoba
Cartare
Asta
Xera
Turpila
Calia
Illipa
Carpia
Caura
Cilpe
Tucci
Ugia
Calpe

I don't know if all these names are historical real names. I've extracted them from a novel about Tartessos.
In the future I would like to add information about the Iberian civilization.
Bye and thanks for reading me.

I've added them to the main list in the first post. Very interesting civilization. It's a pity it's lost.

Y'ello hello, everyone.

I think I could provide some help about both Quebec and Canada, especially Quebec (That thing came way more often than I thought it would 2-3 pages ago), if needed. I'll probably won't do more than provide information, but at least it should be reliable.

I admit I haven't read the last pages completely (And not all the first ones either :sad: ), but this doesn't matter, just tell me what's needed and I'll do my best to help!

I just won't go fetch it myself. I'm way too lazy. >.>

fire_i said:
Y'ello hello, everyone.

I think I could provide some help about both Quebec and Canada, especially Quebec (That thing came way more often than I thought it would 2-3 pages ago), if needed. I'll probably won't do more than provide information, but at least it should be reliable.

I admit I haven't read the last pages completely (And not all the first ones either :sad: ), but this doesn't matter, just tell me what's needed and I'll do my best to help!

I just won't go fetch it myself. I'm way too lazy. >.>

Thank you so much for the interest. :)

I believe there's already Canadian and Quebecois mods released in the New Civilizations thread. We have released earlier here the vital information for them and we are happy to see them turn into playable mods. The initial purpose of this thread is to provide information regarding missing civilizations to help modders build them. :)

You could perhaps contact the modders of those civilizations, should they need additional help.

Found it... and i must say i'm dissapointed... I'm gonna update post 140, with all tha changed i did and all... Hopefully he might read it... :undecide:

(Really didn't have to do that much anyways... well, it's all under post 140, link is in my sig)

Armed_Maniac said:
Found it... and i must say i'm dissapointed... I'm gonna update post 140, with all tha changed i did and all... Hopefully he might read it... :undecide:

(Really didn't have to do that much anyways... well, it's all under post 140, link is in my sig)
Yes it looks pretty intense. :) I suggest you also post in the Quebecois Mod to catch their attention. Hopefully they will incorporate some of that info into a possible update.

I did... but didn't post a link (though it's in my sig)... may as well edit my post and put the link in there, 'cause alot of it is rediculous... (such as starting techs... hunting and fishing? geez)

Top Bottom