1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Tunch Khan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Yes, I see your work on Quebec is finally giving its fruits. :)

2. Magma

Magma Prince

For Harald Bluetooth you could change the state property to Organized religion, he were to one(Or atleast he claimed to be) to spread Christianity in Denmark.

Also mayby make him Spiritual and organized/expansive.

3. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

I changed his fav civic to Organized Religion. :) thnx

4. Armed_Maniac

Armed_Maniac Soldati

Bah, the creator, yacco, dissapeared, leaving his crappy mod there... I find it really annoying that the only Québec mod there is uses crappy information. Would someone PLEASE use the information here to make a better one?

5. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Why don't you try to fix it yourself? It's not that hard once you roll your sleeves up. ;)

6. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

Vikings!

Hi, I love what you are doing but may I point out some more people and some leaders you should add. Leaders:
    1. Queen Margareth - United the whole of Scandinavia in the Kalmar Union. Expansive (seafaring) and finincial.
    2. Canute The Great - King of England, Norway and Denmark. Expansive (seafaring) and philosophical.
    --
    Great merchants: Leif Eirikson, Eirik the Red and Raven-Flok
    Great artists: Egil Skalla-Grimsson and Bertel Thorvaldsen
    Great prophet: Saint Thorlak
    --
    Cities:
    Copenhagen
    Skalholt
    Tromsö
    Ålborg
    Stockholm
    Helsingfors (Helsinki)
    Vaasa
    Stong
    Odense
    Kristiania

7. Armed_Maniac

Armed_Maniac Soldati

I REALLY don't know how, lol... all those pages on how to script discouraged me from even starting to read the thread. But eh... you know how :mischief:

8. fung3

fung3 Warlord

Dude, you forgot Liverpool!

9. dragon1209

dragon1209 Chieftain

Polynesia is only one part of what you are trying to put together, Oceania would be a more accurate term. However, this is kind of like trying to do a "European" culture civ. You could do a Lapita civ, who where the first people to break out of near Oceania and go into remote Oceania. Lapita was really the colonizing culture of remote Oceania. Also, Kamehameha was a major force in Hawai'ian culture, but in terms of contributions to Oceania as a whole, I think King David Kalākaua of Hawai'i is another good candidate, in 1886 he formed a Polynesian confederation, trying to unite the small nations into a major political force. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kalakaua)

10. Napoliean

Napoliean Chieftain

Pakistan should be on that list. Its fun to play as them, Musahraf rocks!

11. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Why don't you provide us some info then? ;) I'll add Pakistan to the list if you can give me the required data.

12. yoonohoo

yoonohoo Chieftain

And S.Tome...I know it's small but also part of am empire long gone! ;)

13. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

São Tomé and Príncipe ;) so we having Ilha do Principe as a city, or just Principe? :scan:

14. SinanZiric

SinanZiric Chieftain

BOSNIA

Leader : Husein-Kapetan Gradascevic - Aggressive and Industrious, favors Organized Religion , Alija Izetbegovic - Spiritual and Industrious

Capital : Sarajevo

Flag : 6 Fleur-de-lis

Starting Techs : The Wheel and Agriculture

Great Scientists : Samir Arnautovic,Hamdija Kresevljakovic

Great Merchants : not known

Great Prophets : Mehmed Semsikadic

Great Artists : Mustafa Nadarevic

Great Engineers : Gazi Husrev-beg(a.k.a. Gazi Husref-beg),Mehmet Pasa Sokolovic(a.k.a. Sokollu Mehmet Paşa)

Unique Unit : Hamza

Sarajevo
    Bihac
    Tuzla
    Zenica
    Cazin
    Visoko
    Jajce
    Banovici
    Travnik
    Banja Luka
    Prijedor
    Maglaj
    Doboj

15. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

I've added Bosnia to the list, could you please define the UU Hamza?

16. McGillivray

McGillivray Chieftain

I can't remember if somebody put a plug in for a possible Canadian template or not so here it is.

CANADA

Leader: Pierre Trudeau

Capital: Ottawa (please note the spelling!)

Flag: (google it)

Great Artists:
    Painters: The Group of Seven, Emily Carr, Cornelius Krieghoff, Jean-Paul Riopelle, Yousouf Karsh (photographer)
    Writers: Margaret Attwood, Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables), Mordecai Richler, Leonard Cohen, Robertson Davies
    Musicians: Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Céline Dion, Shania Twain, Glenn Gould, Jon Vickers, Sarah McLaughlan
    Architects: Frank Gehry, Douglas Cardinal, Moshe Safdie
    Film: William Shatner,Mary Pickford, Pamela Anderson, Dan Ackroyd, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Mack Sennett (Keystone Cops), Christopher Plummer, Donald & Kiefer Sutherland, Norman Jewison, David Cronenberg
    Dancers: Karen Kain

Great Scientists: Alexander Graham Bell (Telephone among other inventions, Frederick Banting (Discoverer of Insulin), Wilder Penfield (Pioneered Brain Surgery), John Polanyi (Nobel Prize for Chemistry), David Suzuki (Geneticist, Environmentalist and Broadcaster), Marshall McLuhan (Mass-Media Theorist), Sir William Osler (Arguably most famous physician of 19th Century), Dr. Norman Bethune (invented the Blood Transfusion while fighting with Mao in China), Reginald Fessenden (First Radio Broadcast

Great Merchants: Samuel de Champlain (Founder of French American), La Salle, Joliet, Radisson, La Vérendrye and other French Explorers, David Thomson, Samuel Hearne, Alexander Mackenzie and later British explorers, Sir Cornelius van Horne (Builder of the Canadian Pacific Railway), Sir William McGillivray (Pioneering financier of the Northwest Fur Trading Company), Sir Timothy Eaton (Retailer and inventor of Catalogue marketing), Conrad Black (disgraced former media magnate), The Hudson's Bay Company (the World's oldest and first Corporation), John Molson (Beer), Sir Samuel Cunard (Founder of the Cunard Lines of "Titanic" fame), Max "Lord Beaverbrook" Aitken (Press Baron and British Cabinet minister under Churchill), Jack Warner (Warner Bros.)

Great Engineers: Sir Sandford Fleming (Inventor of Standardized Time Zones), Elijah McCoy (The "Real McCoy" steam process), Joseph-Armand Bombardier (Snowmobile and transportation inventor), Fessenden fits here too, also, the guy who invented the Blackberry

Great Prophets: Tecumseh, Father Jean de Brébeuf, Louis Riel, Grey Owl, Marguerite Bougeoys (1st Canadian Saint), Mary Maxwell (Bahai faith), Réné Lesvesque (modern father of Québec seperatism), Leonard Cohen (Poet, Musician, and Buddhist), Terry Fox (One-legged Cancer victim ran across Canada and inspired world), Brother André (Mystic and builder of the Oratoire St Joseph in Montreal),

Great Warriors: Marquis de Montcalm (French and Indian War), Sir James Wolfe (Conqueror of Québec), Sir Guy Carleton (defender of Canada during American Revolution), Joseph Brant (Mohawk leader during Revolutionary War), Sir Isaac Brock (War of 1812), Tecumseh, Sir Arthur Currie (WWI Commander of Canadian Corps responsible of victory at Vimy Ridge against Germans), Andrew MacNaughton (WWII Canadian Commander), Laura Secord (famously warned the british of an impending american attack and now has a bunch of chocolate shops named after her), Billy Bishop (Greatest Ace Pilot of WWI), Sir William Stephenson (Head of British Intelligence during WWII, and model for James Bond), Sam Steele (Archetypical Mountie and Soldier in the Boer War and WWI)

Unique unit:
    Mountie (with some sort of bonus against barbarians or guerillas)
    Peacekeeper (Invented by Canadian Lester Pearson)

Cities:

Québec
    Montréal
    Trois-Rivières
    Beauséjour
    Louisbourg
    Kingston
    St.John's
    York Factory
    Gaspé
    Niagara Falls
    Halifax
    Toronto
    Annapolis Royal
    Saint John
    Chateauguay
    Cornwall
    Brockville
    Chambly
    Ottawa
    Hamilton
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Charlottetown
    Victoria
    Vancouver
    Moncton
    Fredricton
    Fort William
    Winnipeg
    Edmonton
    Selkirk
    Regina
    Calgary
    London
    Brantford
    Windsor
    Saskatoon
    Kitchener
    Waterloo
    Burlington
    Guelph
    Prince Albert
    Moose Jaw
    Banff
    Jasper
    Welland
    Oakville
    Wolfville
    Hull
    Peterborough
    Orillia
    Oshawa
    Medicine Hat
    Lethbridge
    Mississauga
    St. Thomas
    Prince Rupert
    Prince George
    Kelowna
    Brandon
    Kamloops
    St. Catherine's
    Castlegar
    Red Deer
    Gander
    Chicoutimi
    Jonquière
    Sept-Îles
    Baie-Comeau
    Rimouski
    Abbotsford
    Nanaimo
    Dawson City
    Thunder Bay
    Sudbury
    Churchill
    Timmins
    Inuvik
    Moosonee
    Haida Gwaii
    Iqaluit
    Revelstoke
    Coquitlam
    Chilliwack
    Nelson
    Grande Prairie
    Fort McMurray
    Corner Brook
    Summerside
    Glace Bay
    Dawson Creek
    Fort St. John
    Truro
    Happy Valley/Goose Bay
    Flin Flon
    The Pas
    Yellowknife
    Whitehorse
    Uranium City

I haven't even got CIV IV yet since it hasn't come out for MAC yet. Would love to have some other CIVs to play with when I finally get my hands on it! Keep up the good work!

17. Armed_Maniac

Armed_Maniac Soldati

You'd want to put Ottawa first in there. And the way i see is (my graphic card sucsk too much to play the game), cities are morel ike territories, so the name of the provinces might be more approriate. However it wouldn't surprise me if Canada had already been posted here. If not, it has been posted elsewhere atleast, for that I am sure.

18. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Kurds, people of Kurdistan in ancient history "Corduene"

Leader : Salahaddin al Ayyubi (Saladin) - Agricultural and Spiritual, favors Organized Religion

al-Fadl bin Muhammad Shaddadi (Fadl Shaddadi) - Aggressive and Spiritual, favors Police State

Capital : Amed (Diyarbakir) or Hawlar (Arbil)

Flag :

Starting Techs : The Wheel and Agriculture

Great Scientists : Al Dinawari

Great Merchants : Nasr al-Dawla Ahmad ibn Marwan

Great Prophets : Ibn Athir, Ibn Khallikan, Said Nursi

Great Artists : Baba Taher, Sherefkhan Bidlisi

Great Engineers : Talabani, Barzani

Unique Unit : War Chariot, Pesmerge

Cities :

Amed
    Suleymaniyah
    Arbil
    Hamadan
    Dahok
    Ruha
    Eynteb
    Khozat
    Chapaqjur
    Varto
    Mush
    Sason
    Batman
    Siirt
    Bitlis
    Kosa
    Mazhangird
    Divrigi
    Bay
    Amadiya
    Rewandiz
    Selmas
    Maku
    Pargiri
    Van
    Akhlat
    Bukan
    Mahabad
    Marivan
    Pawa
    Qasri Shirin
    Khanaqin
    Kirmanshah
    Sanandaj
    Nahawand
    Kangawar
    Kifri
    Zangelan
    Eruh
    Sinjar
    Ardahan
    Erzincan

19. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Lots of non-Turks in there.

Greetings

20. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Turkish is not an ethnic civilization, but rather a melting pot of cultures, and we Turks consider all of those to be part of our greater culture and civilization. It does not matter wether if their mother language is Armenian or Greek, as long as they lived together with us, shared the same fate with us, felt the same emotions as us and contributed to us.