1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Tunch Khan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Napoliean

Napoliean Chieftain

2. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Oh cool, that makes me a Turk too :)

3. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

I'd be careful saying that too loud with greeks around :D but of course you are right in so far as that the cultural ties (and certain mixing over 400 years) makes the modern Greeks (though they are not ethnic Turkic peoples per se; and to a lesser extend, Armenians) more turkish that would be safe suggesting in their presence ;).

Edit: As far a civilizations are concerned, there are several Turkic civilizations through history, and some existed next to one another.

4. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

"I'd be careful saying that too loud with greeks around"
    and Armenians... But I do not think that todays Armenians are Turkish at all culturally as well as ethnically, not that I have anything against being Turkish, it is just my opinion. Anyway, has an Armenian civ been posted, I would like to see one, as I am Armenian.

5. Sidfan

Sidfan Chieftain

I think the idea of Polynesian Civ is great but I think you should have the Samoan War Canoe rather than the Maori. Only cos Samoa was originally know by westerners as the Navigator Islands because they were such good seafarers.

6. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

CIV Gold has a Polynesian civ with Kamehameha and Salamasina as leaders. The UU is a samoan war canoe, and the Moari will be developed as a separate civ for release 3.

7. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious No Fun At All

Civilization: Portugal

Leader: - D. Afonso Henriques (Founder and first King of Portugal – Expansive and Agressive)
    - D. João II (John II) (Builder of the Portuguese Empire - Expansive and Charismatic)

Capital: Lisboa (Lisbon)

Flag: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/pt-1706.html

Starting Techs: Sailing, Mysticism

Warlords: D. Henrique, Nuno Alváres Pereira, Infante Santo, Afonso de Albuquerque, Marquês das Minas

Unique Unit: Nau (Carrack) or Bandeirante (kind of non-mounted gunpowder conquistador)

Unique Building: Feitoria (replaces Harbor-kind of trading post that Portugal used in explorations in africa)

Cities:

Lisboa
    Porto
    Faro
    Guimarães
    Coimbra
    Braga
    Beja
    Setúbal
    Leiria
    Aveiro
    Guarda
    Bragança
    Ponta Delgada
    Portalegre
    Évora
    Viseu
    Vila Real
    Viana do Castelo
    Santarém
    Funchal
    Goa
    Damão
    Diu
    Ceuta
    Luanda
    Lourenço Marques
    Bissau
    Praia

Based in Raen's but modified

8. pay-t

pay-t Lazy historian

Batavii civ

Flag: there is no flag known of them, but I think a red banner with a black aries in the middle would suit them.

Techs:Hunting, Fishing

Colour: Red

Leader: Gaius Iulius Civilis (protective, organized)

UU: Alae Miliaria (replaces horse archer)
    should look like a Praetorian riding a horse
    + 1 move & Amphibious promotion

UB: Waterwall (replaces wall
    I also thought up that one, because there aren't any buildings of them known, but like the flag, it fits them

Great General: Vespasianus, Malorix, Verritus (the last two where actually Frissii, but they helpt the Batavii during the Batavian Revolution.

For the cities only the latin names are known, and I've taken some cities from the Eburonii & Canefatii area aswell since that was the Batavii territory during the peak of the Batavian Revolution

Capital: Oppidum Batavorum

Cities: Mosa Trajectum
    Trier (yes, at a certain point it was Batavian)
    Traiectum
    Flevum
    Albanianis
    Coriovallum
    Feresnes
    Blariaco
    Forum Hadriani
    Burungum
    Colonia Agrippensia
    Vetera
    Tungrorum
    Calo