[Civ2] Missing Final Fantasy, Dune, Starcraft, & Dawn of the Dead scenarios on Dustin Dunn's Civ2 Site

SCORE!

Had some more victories with these very lost scenarios thanks to multiple helpers. A collector named Kunto contacted me with a huge file list from his collection that appears mostly from the Apolyton backups, I requested a few of them and some turned out to be ones I was after. Then as posted over in the rebuild thread Solver decided to give me the entire Apolyton Civ2 downloads backup (containing hundreds scenarios/mods/maps/graphics) which has these same files I was after and more! Then to top it all off Thunderfall got back to me with Jeelen/Agent327's MoOJr4 scenario and also gave me a huuuuge file list of the entire CFC downloads area where it looks like even more of Jeelen's work is there which is good as he did some cool enhanced remakes of some of Kobayashi's famous scenarios.

Firstly I was able to find the missing sound files for both The Martian Scenario by James Thomson and the Star Trek Wars Scenario by Joseph Santurri in Solver's Poly backups which was awesome! I've updated their downloads at CFC and on the mirrors.

The MoonLand Modpack v3.0 by Frederic Meunie (CiC)
I'd been after this one for a while as it appears to be one of the first lunar mods that kicked oiff things as John Valdez and others took this and did some great scenarios with it. Both Kunto and Solver had it! I added a title.gif for fun. It's a bit weird with trees and pengiuns etc so not as advanced as I'd hoped but still pretty cool and was quite a popular mod back in the day from the old convos I saw so I've preserved it.
CivFanatics Downloads Area

Star Trek: Mission on Vesta Scenario v2.0 by Dirk Weber (CiC)
Another one I found existed in my giant lost website search but couldn't find the file. Turned out it made it's way to Poly but due to a slightly obscure file name I must have missed it or mixed it up with another. On closer inspection it's not as good as I'd hoped with barely any custom units or graphics but it's still got some interesting stuff going on so have backed it up!

Command & Conquer 2 Red Alert Scenario by ?Unknown? (CiC)
No it's not my one haha.. this is an old one out there that I'd seen mentioned on a few sites but couldn't find a working download. Both Kunto and Solver had it. On closer inspection its nothing special and has barely any custom graphics. Also while the German files hasd custom C&C unit names the english ones were still default Civ2 ones. I don't think the author spoke much English and was just going for pure compatibility with english versions instead of properly transferring all his stuff over. So I did a very quick google translate of the unit names, some events, readme, and intro text. Gave it a title.gif too. Sadly there were no author details in any of the text or Ger files, nor were they on Ultimate Civ2, Apolyton & Dave's Civ2 websites that hosted this scenario unfortunately.

Master of Orion - MoOjr4 Scenario by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
This was a very happy moment! I've been trying to get this one for ages and hit setback after setback. It was on WPC but the download was lost, WPC archive org backup was missing, Solver had lost his WPC downloads backup too, CFC download not working, CFC archive org backup was missing it, atomic backup was missing it, I was able to track down Jeelen @Agent327 himself and bring him back to CFC but he'd lost his copy too lol! But then Thunderfall delivered and found it in his backups! This one did NOT disappoint in testing.. it's a total overhaul of the original MOOJr scenario. Heaps of cool improvements!

On top of that it looks like I can see some more of Jeleen's scenarios in Thunderfalls file list so I'll try to get them too although Thunderfall is a busy guy so it may take a while. But I think it's worth it as like I said above you can see from his old CFC thread he took some of Kobayashi's amazing scifi scenarios and enhanced them. So just as I remove 6 items off the lost list (which I've moved to the top post in this thread) I'm now gonna add 4 new ones haha.. oh dear lol.. but hopefully Thunderfall will be able to find them. Especially as I'm yet to score a Star Trek Voyager scenario as St Leo's one is still missing and now I see Jeelen made one that's missing too.

Last edited:
We've SCORED again!

As I had hoped above, the legacy files Thunderfall kindly gave me access to contained Jeelen's @Agent327 's missing Star Trek scenarios allowing me to rescue them as part of my scenario preservation project. These are super cool finds as some are enhanced/modified versions of @kobayashi 's famous and very popular Battle for the Alpha Quadrant and Dominion War scenarios while others are 'new' ideas heavily influenced by Star Trek Birth of the Federation which is one of my favourite all time games! There were some visual glitches in them all likely due to Jeelen making these so long ago when we were all rocking CRT screens that didn't show different shades of black very well resulting in some terrain cells having almost dark grey space instead of black space so I corrected them to match the rest of the space terrain since it was an easy fix. CFC download links below and yes don't worry I've put copies in the growing ModDB and Internet Archive Civ2 scenario backup collections too. :)

Star Trek: First Contact Scenario v2.1 by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
This one is an enhanced version of Kobayashi's famous Battle for the Alpha Quadrant scenario.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Scenario by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
This one is a super cool scenario inspired by Star Trek Birth of the Federation. Like in the original game exploration, diplomacy, and dealing with minor races is key!

Star Trek: Voyager Scenario by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
This one appears similar in appearance to the above BOTF inspired one however it is more story driven with scripted events relating to Voyager encountering the Borg and the Dominion invasion of the Alpha quadrant.

Star Trek: Warp 9 Dominion War Scenario v1.3 by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
This one is an enhanced version of Kobayashi's famous Dominion War scenario.

Sadly I fear this may be my final victory in this search for these super lost scenarios. I really hope not though as there's some absolutely beauties here that I'd really really really love to rescue such as the Final Fantasy, Starcraft and Dune ones.

Last edited:
Hello folks! Unfortunately, my old CDs with the scenarios long ago went bad and were discarded, so I no longer have a copy of Dawn of the Dead. I tried contacting some old friends in hopes that they'd saved it, but we are all Civ 6 players now :)

In all honesty, my favorite scenarios have survived, so I'm not too sad to see that it hasn't made it :) It was my first scenario and I think my weakest one. I really love the Haitian Revolution scenario, which was my final one.

For those keeping score, I not only finished my Ph.D, but am now a full professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, so I guess this whole science thing worked out for me. We're #1 in North Carolina for social mobility and a welcoming and inclusive community that does serious research and also cares about students.

Also, hi to Techumseh, who contributed a lot to the Scenario League back in the old days.

Hello folks! Unfortunately, my old CDs with the scenarios long ago went bad and were discarded, so I no longer have a copy of Dawn of the Dead. I tried contacting some old friends in hopes that they'd saved it, but we are all Civ 6 players now :)

In all honesty, my favorite scenarios have survived, so I'm not too sad to see that it hasn't made it :) It was my first scenario and I think my weakest one. I really love the Haitian Revolution scenario, which was my final one.

For those keeping score, I not only finished my Ph.D, but am now a full professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, so I guess this whole science thing worked out for me. We're #1 in North Carolina for social mobility and a welcoming and inclusive community that does serious research and also cares about students.

Also, hi to Techumseh, who contributed a lot to the Scenario League back in the old days.

Wow! Thank you so much for coming back Professor Blackclove! And thank you for trying to find your scenario collection to help me. That's a shame it's all been lost to time as I can only imagine the treasures you possessed. Also thank you for reaching out to some of your old contacts too.

Well the Day of the Dead scenario may have been your first and "weakest" work but when I searched far and wide for it I found multiple old threads here and at Poly where people talked about how much fun it was to play so you must have started with a winner haha! Man I hope we can find it again one day!

Congratulations on finishing your PhD. I too also work for a university in department that covers population health and medicine research, except I'm not a professor, I'm just a regular guy who works with professors, doctors and PhD students managing, auditing and reporting their datasets. I used to have my hands in lots of different projects but these days I work exclusively for a pandemic virus surveillance project. I spend endless hours sifting through messy data sets trying to find problems, inconsistencies, missing gaps and fix them. So when people see the crazy lists, presentations and 'stalker level' author trackdowns & lost scenario finds I do here at CFC and think "how the hell does he do all that, is he OCD or something??", well I'm not lol, it's just that I've been doing this stuff professionally for so many years now that it comes naturally to me haha! I haaaaate data gaps and they must all be filled by any means possible otherwise I get fired lol!! :p

Anyway thanks again for searching for me and dropping by. I'm sure @techumseh will appreciate your reply to his msg too. I hope you continue to come back and visit us in the future! I'll also have to chuck you a PM about some of the great modding/scenario work that's been done here over the last few years pushing the limits of Civ2!

Also wanna give a bonus thank you to @The_J for posting about this thread in the main CFC front page news and CFC twitter feed yesterday! Maybe I'll have one more treasure hunt victory in this thread after all. :)

Last edited:

That's excellent to hear, Blackclove. I have walked through the campus there when visiting my family in the US, who live in NC.

Well I'm pleased to say I've scored again and crossed another one of this most wanted list. While finishing up going through the Metropolis collection for my scenario preservation project I was surprised to find one of the super lost scenario from this thread.. Star Wars The Dagobah System! In the end it's pretty basic and nothing special but nevertheless it nice to knock off another one from this list as I really didn't expect to find any more. However it turns out I was very wrong heh...

Star Wars The Dagobah System Scenario by Filip Carlsson (CiC)
A simple classic Star Wars scenario set in the Dagobah system (where Luke found Yoda).

... As I just announced over in my scenario preservation thread that something truly awesome has occurred.. I've been contacted by someone who has a copy of seemly all the lost scenarios on Dustin Dunn's huge Civ2 website (that as discussed earlier in this thread specialized in rare content not on Poly or CFC) as well as this donors personal huge collection of other old scenarios. I've successfully got the files from him and collection is massive.. possibly even bigger than the Apolyton and CFC atomic ones.. literally hundreds and hundreds of scenarios and mods. But of course the jewel in this collection is Dustin's stuff that I have tried for countless hours over the last couple of years to find out there and had no luck. If you were to look at my super lost scenario list in this thread and ask me which ones in that list I wanted to find more than anything else I'd tell you the 2 Final Fantasy ones, the Starcraft one, the 3 Dune ones, and @Blackclove 's Dawn of the Dead one. Well sure enough I've checked the files and they're ALL here!! my most wanted are all here!!! and maybe I'll even find some of the other from that super lost list in here too. I can't believe it.. I can't friggin believe it.. I didn't think this would happen.. I've have some great luck and a lot of help over the last couple of years but I didn't think I'd ever score the grand jewel which is Dustin's collection. :) :)

So stay tuned as at least half the scenarios in the lost and most wanted list are about to get crossed out! :)

Last edited:
That is phenomenal! Your persistence has really paid off. I look forward to encountering some of these diamonds in the rough! Thank you for recovering and curating these collections.

Gotta say it one last time lol... SCORE! :bounce:

As posted over in my Civ2 scenario preservation project thread I've finished processing the DSquared collection and have uploaded all the scenarios that I took interest in as well as the entire collection itself for others to enjoy!

So now comes that awesome moment I never thought would happen where I get to cross off a large amount of the scenarios in this long lost scenario wishlist thread and talk about each one I found! :)

Final Fantasy 4 (2 US) Scenario Modpack v2.0 by Frank Johnson (FW)
Yes it's the big one, the whole reason I started this thread! Sure enough it's an awesome total conversion scenario modpack based on Final Fantasy 4 with gorgeous authentic graphics ripped from the original game with very few disappointments. And those few disappointments such as missing factions and capital city names I've corrected myself! I very much look forward to playing this and doing a nice video of it in the future.

Final Fantasy 6 (3 US) Scenario Modpack ALPHA by Dustin Dunn (MGE) - Unfinished
This one was NOT in the missing list but I just have to post it anyway as Dustin who helped out on the FF4 mod above went on to do an even more ambitious FF6 scenario. Sadly he never finished it and it's not really playable but it's super cool work, especially if you're a retro Final Fantasy fan like me!

Final Fantasy 1 Scenario by Jomb (FW)
Yes its another big one from early in this thread. I wanted this one so bad as well, and sure enough it did not disappoint with its really cool total conversion authentic FF1 NES graphics. Jomb had awesome attention to detail and clearly shared my love of a cool game crossover total conversion mods that make Civ2 feel like another game.

Crystalis Scenario by Jomb (FW)
Once again this one was NOT in the missing list because I didn't know about it until I got my hands on Dustin's collection but I gotta mention it as it turns out Jomb did another classic NES era JRPG game and it looks super cool too.

Below is another big one from early in this thread! Admittedly I'd hoped that the missing 3 Dune scenarios would be better than the existing 2 we already had but they fall short a bit. They still have some nice features and clever ideas that make them unique, and I'm super glad to finally have them all as I never thought I'd find them and they plus the other 2 will make a great video down the track...

Dune - Pour l'epice! (For the spice!) Scenario by N. Chautru (FW) - French

Dune The Battle for Arrakis Scenario v1.0 by Isaac Ashdown (CiC)

Sands of Dune Scenario by James Dahl (FW)

Starcraft: Terran War Scenario v1.1 by aland007 (MGE)
Yes it's the other big one from the very first post in this thread. I finally have the Starcraft scenario!! :) It's pretty cool and has a number of interesting features but I was a bit disappointed in its lack of custom terrain graphics so I made a separate addon pack (2nd pic).

Dawn of the Dead Scenario v2.0 by Blackclove (FW)
We've finally got @Blackclove 's missing scenario that even he didn't have anymore! Sure enough it's pretty cool and looks like quite a challenge to survive the overwhelming odds against the zombie apocalypse!

Orion Alpha Centauri Scenario v2.0 by ?unknown? (CiC)
I didn't originally understand why an Alpha C scenario was called Orion but after finally getting my hands on this one I discovered why. Basically the races from Master of Orion are all landing on Alpha Centauri. So basically it's 2 games being merged into one haha. Sadly it lacked custom terrain files so I couldn't resist giving it some to spice it up a bit. They can be easily removed though for those that want the original experience.

Star Wars Tatouine Scenario by J. Belanger (CiC) - French
The final missing Tatooine scenario has been found. It actually stacks up pretty well against all the other ones too.

Sadly despite being on Dustin's website J. Belanger's other Star Wars scenario based on the battle of Hoth sadly wasn't to be found in the DSquared collection so that remains in the missing list. As talked about earlier in this thread and over in Skulbs thread I'm thinking I'll go revive the old SL Official looking for lost scenario request thread soon and transfer this list over to there and also help out other people looking for stuff. But since that's in a different sub forum this thread still serves a purpose so here we go.. maybe for the last time as I don't expect any more miracles haha.. here's the updated missing scenario list & help info below! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest version of missing scenario list & info from OP:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If people want to help but don't want to fluff about searching through your old collections looking for these scenarios then they are also very VERY welcome to donate their entire scenario collections to me to search for these lost scenarios in and also sort out and add to my main preservation project. I have setup some publicly accessible cloud storage with several gigabytes free that anyone can just drag and drop files into (literally it's that easy) so if you have an old CD or hard drive somewhere filled with scenarios from long gone websites and would like to donate please let me know and I'll PM you the link to my cloud. You will be publicly praised and credited for helping me or should you wish to remain anonymous that's no problem either. :)

One of the big Civ2 super sites still missing from the preservation collection is Whistler's (Kunal Shah) SidGames and it's hosted satellite sites like Civ2 Ziggurat, Jorrit's Civ2 Site, Markus's Ultimate/Planet Civ2, and Civ2 Scifilization which all had their own scenario collections with quite a few rarities that never made it to Poly or CFC. From what I can tell none of them survived Sidgames's rather sudden disappearance and webarchive didn't backup any of the downloads. Now that we've got Apolyton (& it's satellites), CivFanatics Atomic, and Dustin Dunns DSquared Zandanian League site it means SidGames (& it's satellites) really is the last super site missing from the Civ2 preservation project. So if anyone out there has content from those SidGames sites or a way to contact Whistler I'm all ears!!

MISSING:
  • Alpha Centauri Modpack v1.5 by Carlos Alb. Romero Díaz - AlphaC15.zip (795kb) Source1
  • German Babylon 5 by unknown - baby5.zip Source1
  • (Star Wars) Battle of Hoth by unknown – hoth.zip (1.55M) (not Brandon Dunaway one) Source1
  • (Star Wars) Battle at the Hoth System by J.Bélanger – hoth.zip (478kb) (not Brandon Dunaway one) Source1
  • Star Wars Rebellion by C. Kerdrain – rebellion.zip (1.3mb) Source1
  • Star Trek 7of9 (Voyager) by St Leo – stleo_7of9.zip / stleo_7of9snd.zip Source1 Source2
  • Fallout for Civilization by Par VahadarSource1

Last edited:
Mini update..

As posted over in my preservation thread one of the recently donations to my preservation thread included @St Leo 's 7of9 scenario I've been looking for in this thread for years! St Leo has also kindly donated his collection which probably contains some of those SidGames scenarios I've been after too, so I'll post more about all in here in the near future. :)

However while 1 scenario will get taken off the list it looks like I may be adding 2 new ones!

Gapetit who regularly converts old Civ2 MGE scenarios over to Test of Time recently converted Nikola Kuprešanin's old Star Contact Part I: The Star Wars Scenario and to my surprise the scenario had sounds and when I looked in the readme I found a note saying "No sounds included... Has been remedied. JEELEN"! Sadly I can only find Nikola's original soundless copy and not Jeelen's enhanced copy! Gapetit sadly deleted his copy of the version for MGE after he did his Test of Time conversion too. Not the end of the world since we have his Test of Time conversion still but it would be nice to replace the soundless version we currently host for MGE with the fixed one. I've PM'd Jeelen/Agent327 about it however he hasn't visited the site for a few years and last we spoke he didn't have his Civ2 files anymore sadly. However I've also asked him if he did the same sound fix enhancement to Nikola Kuprešanin's sequel scenario Star Contact Part II: Star Wars Vs Star Trek, as our hosted copy of that has no sounds too.

A few of us probably have these old 2 scenarios in our collections so if folks could take a peak at their copies when they can spare a minute and let me know if they've got sound folders in them that would great as you may have the lost Jeelen enhanced/fixed copies I can preserve!

Last edited:
Top Bottom