Missing gift resource from suzerain city-state

bbufa

Warlord
The uranium from Geneva is not added into my resource bar.
Building uranium mine in Amsterdam DOES work.

Attachments

• cs resource.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 20170928202514_1.jpg
    20170928202514_1.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170928230407_1.jpg
    20170928230407_1.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170928230930_1.jpg
    20170928230930_1.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 50
City-state does not need techs for strategic resources if the suzerain civ researched the techs. The only exception is oil-well because the tile improvement is not a mine/pasture(horse) and CS tech fall behind a lot.

City-state does not need techs for strategic resources if the suzerain civ researched the techs. The only exception is oil-well because the tile improvement is not a mine/pasture(horse) and CS tech fall behind a lot.

Are you sure that's not only for the case when YOU build an improvement over the resource? Could it be that if the CS doesn't see the uranium there, then its own mine doesn't connect it? I think I've seen the same with coal - even with a mine there it won't appear as a resource until the game era advances appropriately. I've never tried building improvements on the CS territory myself though.

wow, i checked the save file and looks like the recent patch caused this.
Do the devs think a single city-state, living in desert with no fresh water, no flat land to build farms and have 4 populations can reach atomic era, so I can get the gift strategic resource?
(Geneva built that mine since ancient era, I had no chance to improve the uranium tile)

Last edited:
wow, i checked the save file and looks like the recent patch caused this.
Do the devs think a single city-state, living in desert with no fresh water, no flat land to build farms and have 4 populations can reach atomic era, so I can get the gift strategic resource?
(Geneva built that mine since ancient era, I had no chance to improve the uranium tile)

It can. I think (I'm sure I've read it somewhere, but can't remember where) it's based on the era which the majority of major civs have reached, in a similar way to barbarian tech and the GP eras, they don't research stuff themselves. But I may be wrong here.

Btw, can you remove that mine and build your own one over it?

rebuilding the mine did not work, Geneva still gifts me no uranium

Attachments

• AutoSave_0194.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Top Bottom