Mobile Infantry

EDIT!!!:
THE_COYOTE has EDITED THIS UNIT DOWN IN POLYS Thanks The_Coyote!!
the new version looks nearly identical, just way better performance

Cool! :D

I assume the polygon reduction was through removal of the head and simplification of the gun?
I notice there's only a paratrooper_fx.nif in the new file. However that seems to be a non-shader version. Is that correct?

yes it´s correct, was to lazy to rename the file after my in game test and my pc prefers the _fx versions (most poly were saved because of a new gun model)

Thanks, I've included these graphics in patch 10b for Planetfall!

Are the animations included the exact same of the Paratrooper btw? They all date from 2007.
Just checking to be sure because I did not include them in the patch. I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do.

Woops I linked the shadernif incorrectly, so most people will see the red blob for Drop Troopers in the current patch. :(

Edit: I reuploaded patch b with this fixed.

yeah it seemed to work when i was playing.

btw: you should replace both of the paradrop units, maniac. you still have the placeholder for the Mobile Infantry unit as the WW2 dude

I'm trying to use this unit for my mod, but it crashes me. I have renamed the folder SpaceMarines and use this in my UnitArtInfos

Code:
<!--GarrettSidzaka-->
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_SPACEMARINE</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/ICBM.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,4,11</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Paratrooper/Paratrooper.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/SpaceMarines/Paratrooper.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/SpaceMarines/Paratrooper_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>Bip01 Neck</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>
I WB the unit in and it looks good, but as soon as it is selected I get a message like the attached picture.

I tried the FX as the nif also. This doesn't happen with any other unit.

EDIT: I fixed it by copying the paratrooper.nif from BtS and placing it in my SpaceMarines folder. What was I thinking? Thanks for a great unit.

Attachments

• spacemarine.jpg
    spacemarine.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 173
Hello. I've downloaded this unit. It sorta works, but it doesn't have an interface. This means when selected in game, there's no copy of the unit showing up in the little box to the left and no action buttons are appearing. Also, the performance of the game drastically decreases.

I've tried adding the paratrooper.nif to the new unit like the above person but that only gives me the ordinary paratrooper.

Help is appreciated. Thank You.

The animation file (the kfm) "requests" a certain nif in is folder, in this case it is a file called paratrooper.nif. If such a file is missing the observed errors occur.

A simple renamed copy of the included Paratrooper_FX.nif called paratrooper.nif should help.

Hello. I've downloaded this unit. It sorta works, but it doesn't have an interface. This means when selected in game, there's no copy of the unit showing up in the little box to the left and no action buttons are appearing. Also, the performance of the game drastically decreases.

I've tried adding the paratrooper.nif to the new unit like the above person but that only gives me the ordinary paratrooper.

Help is appreciated. Thank You.

Top Bottom