[MOD] Colonization: 2071

Thanks for posting, it's awesome to hear some people are still playing/enjoying this ancient mod! :scan::thumbsup:

Wow you're right & I've no idea how that happened; the Syndicate Colonies must have somehow gotten lost in the shuffle of patches trying to update various other things! :borg: I could not find them included in the local files on my PC; maybe I'll be able to add them back in sometime soon if I can locate and link up the appropriate art assets.

How to learn skills from alien city as we do in vanilla COL? I just cannot find "living in native tribe" button and I am sure I have the technology required.

How to learn skills from alien city as we do in vanilla COL? I just cannot find "living in native tribe" button and I am sure I have the technology required.
If your unit wants to become a farmer by training in an alien city, the farmer job must be unlocked through research like Soil Enrichment.

1.png
2.png

Orbital Operation and Orbital Industry have been unlocked. But Free Colonist cannot learn Expert Astronaut in alien city. Why???

View attachment 669961View attachment 669962
Orbital Operation and Orbital Industry have been unlocked. But Free Colonist cannot learn Expert Astronaut in alien city. Why???
You must also unlock the Advanced Hydroponics.
<AllowsUnit>UNITCLASS_FISHERMAN</AllowsUnit> in the CIV4CivicInfos.xml file is exists in two technologies: Orbital Industry and Advanced Hydroponics.

You must also unlock the Advanced Hydroponics.
<AllowsUnit>UNITCLASS_FISHERMAN</AllowsUnit> in the CIV4CivicInfos.xml file is exists in two technologies: Orbital Industry and Advanced Hydroponics.
maybe you're right, thanks

Another Qustion: How can I build Expeditions? I checked CIV4UnitInfos and found only Intrepid Explorer can build Expeditions. So I unlock all the required technologies and turn Intrepid Explorer into scout/colonist/pioneer/soilder/missionary but I can't find the button "launch the expeditons"! I almost tried all the professions but failed. The tile is PxxxRuins/XXX which produces PxxxArtifacts. I am really frustrated now……

Another Qustion: How can I build Expeditions? I checked CIV4UnitInfos and found only Intrepid Explorer can build Expeditions. So I unlock all the required technologies and turn Intrepid Explorer into scout/colonist/pioneer/soilder/missionary but I can't find the button "launch the expeditons"! I almost tried all the professions but failed. The tile is PxxxRuins/XXX which produces PxxxArtifacts. I am really frustrated now……
I could be wrong, but I think they have to be a pioneer unit as that is the only profession that can build improvements.

Hint from Civilopedia(Sites and Expeditions):
A variety of rare and mysterious sites such as Ruined Temples and Iridescent Pyramids can be found dotted throughout the ruins and forests of the New Worlds. See Bonus Resources in the Civilopedia for a complete list and descriptions. After obtaining control of one of these sites, an Intrepid Explorer or Intrepid Archaeologist assigned to the Laborer profession can be moved to the tile and ordered to begin an Expedition there. This consumes the unit, but can greatly increase the amount and variety of resources that can harvested from the site, particularly after discovering later technologies that boost the yield of Expeditions.

In CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml:
You can build Expeditions in this BonusType; BONUS_BONES(Paleontology Site), BONUS_TEMPLE(Ruined Temple), BONUS_HATCHERY(Nesting Grounds), BONUS_SPIDERLAIR(Spider Lair)

And after trying it myself, only the worker profession's Intrepid Explorer was able to build it. Contrary to Civilopedia's hint, I couldn't build expeditions in the Iridescent Pyramids.

Attachments

• K-253.jpg
    K-253.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 26
  • K-254.jpg
    K-254.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 28
  • K-255.jpg
    K-255.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 29
  • K-256.jpg
    K-256.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
technology.jpg

I just unlock Interstellar Ecology and discover the Resource Native Grasses but cannot get the bonus +3 food. Why? Is it bug?
Native Grasses.jpg

Top Bottom