Mod crashes on windows 7

Solstar

Chieftain
hello all,ok here's the rundown,i freshly installed civ 4 and BTS on win 7 64 bit,installed fine and ran fine but some expansions that came with the game itself,crashed at the beginning.after patching the game to latest version,now they runs fine.installed star trek mode through autoinstaller,everything instaleld fine,startedt he mod..the game crashes.looked for each and any faq online..no solution for it..any help?

I don't know the specifics of your system, but I will note that the later part of the mod development was done on Windows 7 (32 bit, though people have run it fine on 64 bit), so it's not a straight Windows issue. How did you update? There have been problems with the in-game updater on Vista and 7 so it's a good idea to download and install the patches from CFC.

its a dual core intel running on windows 7 64 bit with an nvdidia geforce card.i patched it through the pathcer found on the official website..where i can find these patches you mentioned?

i give up...i tried that patch and now the game just crashed to windows.i deleted everything ,reinstalled from scratch,didn0t updated naythign expcet BTS fro mthe patch on the website here,and now it just does nothing,it loads then says "unable to initializie python."....

can please someone tell me which order i have to follow after installing civ 4 and \or patches?=

I usually go Vanilla, 1.61 patch, 1.74 patch (theoretically you can go straight to 1.74 but that's never worked for me), Warlords (if you have it... skip to BtS if you don't), 2.13, BtS, 3.19 (some have found a need to install 3.17 first but this isn't the case for me), then any mods you want.

Top Bottom