Mod Fail: Cannot get my created Civilization in the Game

CoDazle

Chieftain
This question is for anyone who has some experience in creating Civilizations and has has had success with them in Civilization V.

I am new to modding and have been trying to learn how to do it for a month or so now. I have had success with creating units and other simple modifications, but When I decided I would like to create my own Civilization, it does not show up in the game as playable. I have tried it with VFS on and off and that did not help. I made sure that the actions are updating the database as well. I have followed Kael's guide in every step but still cannot get my Civ into the game as playable. Any suggestions?

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

Any suggestions?
Zip up what you've got (the built mod from the MODS sub-directory, not the ModBuddy project) and attach it to a post. It is far, far easier for us to look at the actual mod than to try and second guess what you may or may not have done.

And ALWAYS enable logging and look in the log files (especially database.log, xml.log and lua.log)

There is my XML so far for the mod. I am not sure exactly what you mean by enabling the logs though?

Attachments

• AdventureZip.zip
    3 KB · Views: 32
to create my own Civilization, it does not show up in the game as playable.

Not the individual files but the entire built mod from the MODS sub-directory, it will include a .modinfo file that contains important information.

My bad sorry about that. Hope I got it right this time.

Attachments

• AdventureModInfo.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 33
No, still not what I meant. Not just single files or bits of the mod but the complete mod (see attached). However, between the two zips I managed to recreate the mod, but that was what I was trying to avoid - it just wastes time.

If you enable logging (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12194523#post12194523) you will find the following errors in database.log

Code:
[8594.360] table Leader_Traits has no column named Type
[8594.360] In Query - insert into Leader_Traits('LeaderType', 'Type') values (?, ?);
[8594.360] In XMLSerializer while updating table Leader_Traits from file XML/AdventureLeaders.xml.

which are telling you that you've made a mistake in your xml, specifically

Code:
<Leader_Traits>
  <Row>
    <LeaderType>LEADER_CODAZLE</LeaderType>
    <[B][COLOR="Red"]TraitType[/COLOR][/B]>TRAIT_WONDER_BUILDER</[B][COLOR="Red"]TraitType[/COLOR][/B]>
  </Row>
</Leader_Traits>

Edit: removed attachment to save space

Sorry about that and not getting you what you were looking for. Thanks for the link attached, that will help a lot in the future. I really appreciate the help though, I am truly grateful. Thanks!

Top Bottom