1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Kael

Kael Chieftain

During that period Civ4 has to copy everything in the Fall from Heaven direcotry into the cache directory. Its about 500 Meg of data and the time it takes will depend on how fast your hard drive is.

2. Jasconius

Jasconius Chieftain

BTW, I found that if I install FFH2 into your My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory instead of the default location, it loads a lot faster. I don't know if this is specific to my setup, but it loads up immediately for me. ^^

3. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Hey that worked! All I did was move the FFH2 folder from its original location to the My Documents\My Games\Civ4\MODS\ directory without making any other changes at all.

Anyone interested in creating a scenario involving a watery fortress? This game came up with a rather interesting terrain in which I ended up with an enormous natural fortress full of choke points and walls of seas which I could easily defend since I am the Lanun. I think the terrain could be a good basis to create a scenario where the AI has built up a virtually impenetrable empire threatening to take over the entire region (this isn't a global map, the world is flat). I don't know how to make a scenario though so I'm uploading essentially just a map in my saved game.

4. Grillick

Grillick Chieftain

Generally speaking, being vague and insulting is a bad way to get your problem bugs solved. Maybe telling us exactly what the 'bug' is with the Barb trait?

Perchance is it the fact that you were unaware that the Barbarians declare war on you if your have 50% more points than your nearest competitor?

5. Fr8Train

Fr8Train Chieftain

Maybe you are already aware of this bug - but in case you aren't:
    In multiplayer, casting spells that make you select a unit like wither and charm come up on the wrong players screen and the game crashes the following turn.

6. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Yeah, we have some changes in to help with that in tomorrows version (0.15). Hopefully it is fixed.

7. Fader55

Fader55 Chieftain

Not true, I've mentioned it not working a couple/three times & never gotten an answer, think mone might have something to do with the starting era (classical)

Fader

8. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Version 0.15 is uploaded and linked in the first post. Enjoy! :D

9. Civkid1991

Civkid1991 in shade of poison trees

YES! im going to download it now! who needs sleep... i need to play now :)

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Dang you got here before i did, and posted it, i was going to kid you it was Friday, and POOF you got it here , you SNEAK!!:p

WOW over 200 MB, impressive!!

11. carnivore

carnivore Digital Monkey

can you tell me which scenarios are most compatible with the new ffh2 version ?

12. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

hehe... I had the same Idea at 00:00 central european time... but then I thought I'd just sleep on it and wake up with a smile upon my face when I opened this homepage. (or just sit around refreshing the page every 5 minutes as I did with 0.14 in case it wasn't up when I woke up).

Note to self: cancel alll arrangements this weekend and call in sick... :D

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Well i am going to add three NEW scenarios, that are quite different in looks, this morning. Check out my signature for more.

14. Lork

Lork Chieftain

Hi, I got the .xml problem for .15
    Worked fine with .14 and FfH1
    Tried the method posted on FAQ already, any help is appreciated.
    Looking at those "TXT_KEY_TECH_XXXXXX" is annoying.

Thanks!!:confused:

p.s. Thanks Jasconius! It loads so fast using your method!

15. Yorgos

Yorgos imagine...

In this sticky post it's mentioned there's a bug when playing mods installed in My Documents/My Games. Did anyone encounter any problems using this way? The post is old, and it's likely the bug was fixed in a patch.

16. Jasconius

Jasconius Chieftain

I've been playing with all of my mods in the My Documents\My Games folder since I started playing FFH months ago and I've never had any problems like that.

17. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Yeah I really don't think there is a problem with doing this anymore. I think it was fixed in a patch. I think this has something to do with the original problem:

I found that in the patch readme. Maybe that fixed the problem that existed before?

18. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Chieftain

Ok, I have asked this in the Pirate Island mod, but nobody answered. Has anyone put any thought into making it so that you can play as the pirates?

19. Yorgos

Yorgos imagine...

Here's a couple of another selection/order soundsets. They cover undead units and they come in two packs, one for the "mindless" ones, such as skeletons or drowns, and another for the "noble" ones, like vampires or liches (these are my favourite, I love them!) As far as I know, no undead unit has worker or air mission actions, so I included only selection sounds, but they can always be modified manually.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/UndeadSoundsets.zip

Since I'm going for vacations tomorrow (at last!) the next soundsets will come no earlier than a week or ten days from now. But we'll probably get some feedback on the orc sounds included in 0.15 until then, which may be helpful for any future soundsets.

20. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Chieftain

well, i´m a bit confused ...
    in v15 there are only 2 sources of copper on my map(which is about 70% explored) and all are very far away from my starting position. same goes for iron ...
    is that intentional, or just defined thought the map type?
    in all my v14 games a had copper for sure within my territory as soon as it was revealed and now, nothing ...

greetz

HahnHolio