1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Kael

Kael Chieftain

That sounds perfect, thanks Yorgos!

2. Kael

Kael Chieftain

The Mapchecker is responsible for making sure their are a minimum amount of each required resource on the map when the game starts. If you regen your map all bets are off and you are back to whatever Civ4 vanilla gives you.

3. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Chieftain

hm...so what does that mean? i started a fractal style map with FfH2 loaded.
    what is 'if you regen your map' ? sry but i got no clue what you mean here :)

4. Kael

Kael Chieftain

There is a regen function you can use if you want to recreate your map (if you dont like your starting position). If that is used it undoes everything FfH does when building the map, which includes making sure there are at least 3 of all the important resources.

5. thealien_83

thealien_83 Chieftain

Wooh!

Time to enjoy the new stuff. I'm very curious to see how the new mana system pans out. Very much so. And so..! Off to game-land!

Cheers!

6. Jean Elcard

Jean Elcard The Flavournator

If the regen option doesn't work for ffh, why not disabling it entirely?

7. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Chieftain

hm, actually i did not know that such a function is in existance :)
    so i never used it !!! but actually the game i started sucked pretty much, with me beeing surrounded by barbarians and only good civs ... gonna start all over again :D

greetz

HahnHolio

8. thealien_83

thealien_83 Chieftain

< 4. Added the effects of multiple mana nodes (1 allows acces, 2 gives rank 1 for free, 3 gives rank 2 for free, 4 gives rank 3 for free). >

Given this, I am wont to wonder.. What if I later lose a mana node, or change it ? Say for example I have a Fire mana node and let all my Adepts learn Scorch, then I destroy the node (or someone else does it for me.. >.<) and I rebuild a different kind of node on it? Do the adepts all keep their scorch spell? If so it's fairly easy to still get different kinds of spells etc.

Cheers!

9. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

Ok, Keal, this game is lagging like hell at the beginning, and i cannot play this unless you control this lag. I was playing bannor and everytime i hit enter, it lags so bad.... i even turn animations and effects off and it still lag like hell. If this lag continue to grow, i cannot play this game in my medium notch computer.

my specs are this:
    1GB RAM
    Radeon X600 with hyperthread memory, 256.0 MB on it.
    Intel Pentium 4 Processer with 3.0 GHz.

10. Kael

Kael Chieftain

If you pillage a node it doesnt revert to raw mana anymore. It stays fire mana, or whatever type you made it into.

11. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Chieftain

hm...sorry to bother u again, but i started a new game with the elves and guess what? learned bronzeworking and not a single piece of copper on my continent :(
    i choose an achipelago style map and started on a pretty big island with doviello and calabim, but there is no copper around, where i have explored ... this is wierd!
    could u possibly check the whatever file is responsible for placement of resources? and i did not regen the map, as i still don&#180;t know how i would do that :p

greetz

HahnHolio

12. thealien_83

thealien_83 Chieftain

Ah? Is that so. Well then, that settles it. But they revert to being just mana when they fall within a new cultural border? I recall seeing something about it.
    If so, that's quite awesome. I always felt it was a bit too much smorgasbord about the magic system, this makes it a -lot- more strategic. Which is nice. Rar.

Time to break out the Amurites again I think!

Cheers!

13. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Yeap, cultural conversion reverts nodes back to raw mana (so you arent stuck with whatever your neighbor made them into).

Patch "a" is up and linked in the first post.

14. Daijin

Daijin Chieftain

Ok, is anyone having issues downloading this 15 and 15a version? I normally have 301 download, but all day it is stuck at 5.1 and drops to .1 and stops all togehter. Note: This is only on this link, every other link for anything else out there downloads at 261 to 301. :crazyeye:

I have been trying on and off since 130 pm central time.

15. Daijin

Daijin Chieftain

Argh..it quit again :cry:

16. Fr8Train

Fr8Train Chieftain

I'm pretty sure the +1 happyness from incence with various temples isn't working.

Edit: never mind - it's working!

17. Fr8Train

Fr8Train Chieftain

You can always just pillage them.

Edit: Or did you just change this so that pillaging a node doesn't work?

18. Grillick

Grillick Chieftain

No, pillaging a mana node now will turn it into unimproved mana of whatever type the node upon it was, so the only option for a node upon it will be a node of the previous type.

19. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

I especially like the Undead 2 sounds (for heros?)! :cool: Any chance of making more of those Undead 2 sounds to give more variety of them?

Daijin I dled 0.15 and 0.15a a few minutes ago.

20. Yorgos

Yorgos imagine...

I'm glad you liked them Bad Player. I think they're good for any intelligent undead unit, including heroes (but not demons, I'll make another soundset for them). Unfortunately I don't think I have any more suitable sounds, not good sounds least. Adding them in the game will probably take some time, since there's some XML work needed, which I can't handle myself yet (though I'm getting quite good with Python).