[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Are there any plans to make Archy mobile? As I have became a better player and, interesting, increased the difficulty level, he has become nothing more than a sitting duck. :sniper: I don''t know if he should be as mobile as the golden dragon (I can't remember his/her name). Archy could be too dangerous. Anyway, just a thought.

Back to turtle teaser pic...the GUI colors are the same as the civ being played. Is that new? :crazyeye:

Actually, you can make Acheron mobile. If you are Hippus and attack (and win) with Magnadine, you capture the dragon too. It's kind of fun to take Acheron on the road as another unit (although it may not fit in with the general theme of the Hippus).

THis is a noob question, i know, but how do u cast spells with units?

If the unit has spells he will have a glowing button down in your button bar. Just like if the unit has leveled up and you have to pick a promotion.

Maybe this is a noob question, but... why does the Mana resource turn into another resource (for ex. Fire Mana) after building a Node (for ex. Fire Node)?
If I later want to use that Mana resource to build another Mana type (for ex. Death) it won't let me, even if I destroy the Fire Node built, coz it was permanently transformed into a Fire Mana resource.

Also, are there any benefits for having more than one Mana type? (like for ex. 2 Nature Mana)

Thanks!

It's to force an early strategic choice, and because adepts are limited to learning the spells you have mana for. If you could re-work a node, it'd be the same as having one of each, in essence.
however, when one passes out of a civs cultural borders (due to conquest or whatnot) it will revert to neutral so you aren't penalized for the AI choices.

Having two awards the spell promotion for free to newly built adepts.
Having three awards the second level spell promotion for free to newly built adepts, so they will have access to it as soo as they upgrade to mages or conjurers.
Having more than three has no additional advantage, other than trade.

Thanks for the answer to my noob question earlier... THis is a very interesting mod to say the least. Its like playing a whole new game. It would be cool for multiplayer? Is that possible, maybe in the future?

It's to force an early strategic choice, and because adepts are limited to learning the spells you have mana for. If you could re-work a node, it'd be the same as having one of each, in essence.
however, when one passes out of a civs cultural borders (due to conquest or whatnot) it will revert to neutral so you aren't penalized for the AI choices.
Having two awards the spell promotion for free to newly built adepts.
Having three awards the second level spell promotion for free to newly built adepts, so they will have access to it as soo as they upgrade to mages or conjurers.
Having more than three has no additional advantage, other than trade.
Thanks for answering!
I hope I'm not out of line here since I'm just a noob (and a fan) of FfH, and maybe this isin't even possible, but what if each sphere spell required that mana resource in order to be 'castable'. The same way a worker's Railroad imp checks to see if the civ has coal. That way you conserve the strategic choice and yet give the civ the possibility of shifting it's mana production's sphere. The spellcasters would keep the learned spells, but wouldn't be able to cast them if you loose that mana resource, and it would be very very hard to have multi-sphere spellcasters since as they lvl up they gain xp much slower.

Also, maybe when a summoned creature, fireball, etc. kills another unit the summoning caster could get some xp? (like for ex. 20%)

I hope I'm not annoying, I just really love this mod -which is more like an expansion if you ask me- and since I can't program or create 3D anims... or do anything else but play it :mischief: posting ops is the only way I can think of helping out :)

Thanks for the answer to my noob question earlier... THis is a very interesting mod to say the least. Its like playing a whole new game. It would be cool for multiplayer? Is that possible, maybe in the future?

Lots of people play multiplayer, its really important to me that that is always possible since I think the game is even better against other humans.

Thanks for answering!
I hope I'm not out of line here since I'm just a noob (and a fan) of FfH, and maybe this isin't even possible, but what if each sphere spell required that mana resource in order to be 'castable'. The same way a worker's Railroad imp checks to see if the civ has coal. That way you conserve the strategic choice and yet give the civ the possibility of shifting it's mana production's sphere. The spellcasters would keep the learned spells, but wouldn't be able to cast them if you loose that mana resource, and it would be very very hard to have multi-sphere spellcasters since as they lvl up they gain xp much slower.

Also, maybe when a summoned creature, fireball, etc. kills another unit the summoning caster could get some xp? (like for ex. 20%)

I hope I'm not annoying, I just really love this mod -which is more like an expansion if you ask me- and since I can't program or create 3D anims... or do anything else but play it :mischief: posting ops is the only way I can think of helping out :)

That isn't that hard to do, but it may be overly punishing. Imagine if losing your iron resource caused you to lose all your units that required iron to be built. I would hate to see a player lose all his summoners he has tweaked to conjure fire elementals just because he lost a mana node.

A human could do a decent job of adapting to that change (protect your nodes like they were cities). But it would handicap the AI, who would be easy to damage by razing his nodes.

I agree, but what I mean is that you do not lose your units, instead the units lose the ability to cast spells that require a certain mana resource.
For ex., you promote an Adept to cast Scorch (Fire Spell). An enemy civ destroys your only Fire Node. The Adept will still have the Scorch spell, but he won't be able to cast it.
Just like in Vanilla a Worker will lose his ability to build Railroads if the owner loses all of his Coal mines.

And the reason we don't have XP gainf rom killing enemies with spells is that the combat spells are already so attractive we don't want to make them even more so. Rather everyspell sphere should be just as attractive as the fire one.

To Kael & the FfH2 Crew...

Wow! I am having a blast playing this Mod as it brings back great memories of Master Of Magic. IMHO, it blows away the Disciples 1 & 2 games series just by itself. I'm addicted and hooked! And thanks for making an amazingly stable (...so far! :goodjob:) ModPack!

Fuel
PS- I hope one of you guys can figure out a way to make "Subterreanean" or alternate planes to work in parallel with the 'surface'---I'm thinking it's not possible, but I'd figure I'd suggest it to augment an already fantastic ModPack! :goodjob:

I think the current model for mana source works great. It forces the player to make a choice. That's good gameplay.

An example of a choice I have to make in most of my game: for my first mana node, do I build a water node (to cast spring: transform a desert tile into a plain) or do I build a body node (to cast body: increase movement by 1 for the turn). The water node will allow me to terraform my empire. The body node will allow me to have a highly mobile army. It's a classic builder versus warmonger choice, and it all depends on your gaming style or the situtation. It's a tough choice (especially since the node is permanent while in your border) but to be confronted to such a situation makes it fun.

It also highly increase the strategic value of mana node.

Or Enchantment! Let's not forget the snazzy snazzy efficiency of having all your melee units being all that much tougher than everyone else's. ^^ It can make all the difference that early on when you don't have a bazillion units to romp around with.

But yes, the mana system is quite wonderful. It is ever a lip-chewing eyebrow-furrowing experience every time you have to decide what Mana to make your first node into. Or for that matter each node thereafter.. *s* :goodjob:

Cheers!

I ran into an issue which may be a bug, or may be intentional. You tell me.

I was playing as the Calabim and was able to found and spread the Ashen Veil to the Kuriotates, who then converted to it, and became evil. At some later point, the Kuriotates switched back to the Fellowship of the Leaves, but stayed evil. I'm wondering if this is intentional or a bug.

It's intentional. The alignment changes are not based on a civilisation's starting alignment, but upon its current alignment.

Top Bottom