[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I agree with Colin, I think that if you switch away from Runes or Octopus then you should revert back to your original alignment, otherwise everyone will be neutral that has been any religion except Order or Vale.
In my current game, I've got big demons coming into play from my planar gates, Use Death & Enthropy magic but I'm still Neutral as I spent a few turns following the Runes.
I think all civs which turn away from the religion should revert back to their original alignment.

Not quite. Again, only Good civs who adopt Octopus Overlords will be turned neutral, and only Evil civs who adopt Runes of Kilmorph will be turned neutral. Leaves won't affect anything. So odds are you'll still have plenty who aren't neutral even if Runes, Leaves and OO spread quickly in your game.

I guess there might be some sense in a reversion to original alignment if you abandon your religion, but i can't say I care too much as I hardly ever give up on a religion myself, nor do I have much problem with too many neutrals in my games, so.. Meh. :rolleyes:

Apparently Barnaxus is not working as a world unit should (only one, blah, blah, blah). After getting repeated messages that Barnaxas has been created [born?]... I looked into the Dwarven cities & discovered that Beeri had in fact 57 Barnax(i). Maybe I'll just stay on my little island for now.

Patch "a" should fix that.

Hello,

Unless the patch doesn't retro fix old games the Barnaxus problem still persists. I applied the patch than went back to the game I had abandoned (It got to be annoying getting 8-10 birth announcements for Barni per turn), but they were not only still there (expected), but they kept coming (5+ a turn). Most likely the patch doesn't "fix" old games, so I'll keep my eye out in new games.

Seamus

Hello,

Unless the patch doesn't retro fix old games the Barnaxus problem still persists. I applied the patch than went back to the game I had abandoned (It got to be annoying getting 8-10 birth announcements for Barni per turn), but they were not only still there (expected), but they kept coming (5+ a turn). Most likely the patch doesn't "fix" old games, so I'll keep my eye out in new games.

Seamus

Well I know that in a game after the patch is applied, the pieces of Barnaxus promotion is removed after rebuilding Barnaxus so it should work on new games. Not sure about what can be done with old games though.

seamus... just start a new game with the patch... itll work... the old game is following code that has not been updated by the patch... so yEah... goodluck

Hi Everybody,

I would like to get some suggestions on the purchase of a new graphics card. The problem I have in FfH is that some unit graphics appear in parts and pieces. For example, Hill Giants appear with only their heads and clubs. :lol: I am under the impression an upgrade is in order.

Thanfully, price is not a concern but my system specs might be. Here they are:

System Summary:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP d530 SFF(DG781A)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2660 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786B2 v2.50, 4/16/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 2,048.50 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.47 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.84 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Display:

Name Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_12BC103C&REV_02\3 &61AAA01&0&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Adapter RAM 96.00 MB (100,663,296 bytes)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Your Manual says this: "A 1.5V low profile Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) card may be installed in the AGP slot on the system board."

1.5V means you can probably use any AGP 4x or AGP 8x graphics card currently on the market. But be careful which one to choose, because you have a small form factor computer and not every card will fit because of its physical size.

Considering the only 2660 MHz of your CPU it's not going to make much sense to buy something better than a nvidia 7600 GT or an ati x1600 xt card (available for around 120 € here in Europe). But even this might be difficult for you because there are only 185 W available from the Power Supply.

Patch "b" is up and linked in the first post. It makes the following changes:

1. New Meshabber of Dis model art by seZereth.
2. Evil AI players will rush Corruption of Spirit when appropriate.
3. Manes and Angel generation chance increased from 100% minus 5% per player to 100% minus 3% per player.
4. Call Holy War now correctly has the ally declare war on the victim instead of the other way around.
5. Agnositc civs are now correctly blocked from researching Corruption of Spirit.
6. Killing units now correctly rewards the armageddon count to the attacker, not the units owner.
7. Mobius Witches, summoned Imp's and Djinn's have a chance of starting with air magic.
8. Infernal chariot reduced from 4/2 +2 unholy strength to 3/1 +1 unholy strength.
9. Mercurian chariot reduced from the 4/2 +2 unholy strength to 4/2 strength.
10. Chalid returned to 6 strength instead of 5/3 strength.
11. Vs bonus's are no longer doubled (ie: scouts wont be doubly effective against animals).
12. Spells (fireballs, meteors, etc) aren't carried over between turns.
13. Reduced damage from the Crush spell.

It won't break save games.

Great, final 3 fixes were what I was looking for.
On the side note, our national TV is showing Monty Python's Meaning of Life in 10 minutes so I'm going to watch it now ;)

I am getting lockups as the new games sets up, during initialization.

I did clean out the cache before the new game.

I am getting lockups as the new games sets up, during initialization.

I did clean out the cache before the new game.

Lockups like your computer hangs? Make sure oyu have at least 600 meg free space on your hard drive. Civ4 caches the entire mod when it loads and that means a copy of everything.

Since the Infernals can make hell terrain and burn down forests, It be nice to see all other civilizations to make their own terrain, like the Lunan have the power to make Wetlands & Swamps for their shallow only ship to travel around that terrain, and be able to fish there as well. This will be useful for the Lunan to become masterful on the sea's like the Pirates they are!

A nice idea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Infernals can make hell terrain and burn down forests, It be nice to see all other civilizations to make their own terrain, like the Lunan have the power to make Wetlands & Swamps for their shallow only ship to travel around that terrain, and be able to fish there as well. This will be useful for the Lunan to become masterful on the sea's like the Pirates they are!

Along those same lines of thought, it seems as though the Khazad should get happiness from mines rather than health from trees. Dwarves don't care about trees. The more mines the happier they are or something similar.

And for the Malakim special desert terrain maybe? Like dunes instead of hills with no additional movement penalties for them or something.

But it'd be too hard to come up with something creative for all the civs - besides it would be the same mechanic for all of them one way or the other and Kael said before that he likes to apply certain mechanics to only one or two civs (like Mercurians/Infernals appearing).

Great fixes in patch b - will get right back to continue my game from last weekend (sadly didn't have time during the week :( )!

Hi to everybody,

I'm new of this forum (I've just registered), and I want to say that I've been playing with FFH since last year and I like it a lot!!

I've just dl the FFH2 .21 patch B and I'm going to load it rightnow.. I've played all the previous version having always great time..

thank you KAEL for your great work :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope to post this comment to the right place.. if not I'm sorry.. I'm a rookie here..

If I have suggestions I would be pleased to share them with you..

oh, and I beg your pardon because I don't speak (and write) a very good english. :D

Yeah, I started following FFH waaaay back last January, when we were still playing as vanilla civs, no magic, no new units, just a lot of backstory and new techs. So I disappear for a year, come back and damn! Absolutely staggered by the detail in this mod - with all the easter eggs and undocumented special features I actually feel like my little tribe is really venturing out into a whole new scary world. And you're only halfway done! Guess I'll have to go away for another year.

Ave,

I've tried to run patch B .021 but the game crashes when It stars to load the map.. :(

I have installed the patch b over a full FFH" .021 mod, copying the assets folder, I have also 2 giga of free memory.. It's the first time it happen to me something like that.. I'm wandering what's going on..

any ideas? :help:

I'm going to try again..

I hope to post this comment to the right place.. if not I'm sorry.. I'm a rookie here..

If I have suggestions I would be pleased to share them with you..

oh, and I beg your pardon because I don't speak (and write) a very good english.
This thread is fairly general, feel free to post any comments relating to FfH, but if you have specific bugs or balance issues, there are threads in the main forum (link in my sig.)

Are you using any special map?

Top Bottom