[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Only manes will make the cities grow, and yes surplus food does help when building settlers BUT how often do you think you will have surplus food when you can build workshops and cottages all over the place without a care in the world if your people are "starving", your production will be all that matters. *MUHAHAHAHAHAH!*

Well, that's the whole point. Before making those decisions I needed to be sure if it would in fact affect anything or not. ;) I mean, supposing I pick Conquest, it might still be worth it to indulge in the occasion patch of farmlands on a tile of floodplains, even though in general the food is perfectly useless for the Infernals.

But anyway, answer 'preciated. :goodjob:

Well, that's the whole point. Before making those decisions I needed to be sure if it would in fact affect anything or not. ;) I mean, supposing I pick Conquest, it might still be worth it to indulge in the occasion patch of farmlands on a tile of floodplains, even though in general the food is perfectly useless for the Infernals.

But anyway, answer 'preciated. :goodjob:

In my last game (although in version 0.21 I think) I don't believe the ability to build farms was even avalible to the Infernals... (which is only fair since all farm required resources turns into snake pillars in their territory anyway).

In my last game (although in version 0.21 I think) I don't believe the ability to build farms was even avalible to the Infernals... (which is only fair since all farm required resources turns into snake pillars in their territory anyway).

Hm, maybe so. My only stints playing as the Infernals was once when Fire was just released, and I didn't get all too far into that one because my multiplayer buddies got sidetracked. But I think I could build farms then. But it was a long time ago, admittedly, and memory being what it is.. :lol:

In the current game I only got maybe ten turns into playing as the Infernals, so I didn't really think to check. :crazyeye:

Ah well. It'll be fun enough to mess around and find out. *s*

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but HOLY HELL WALL OF WOLVES!!

I could not subdue this island with conventional means. The wolves multiply too damn quickly.

Each tile there contains a stack of 4-6 wolves.

http://img.waffleimages.com/70704b124258f071eb76ba01b8dd2512e230ad17/wallofwolves.JPG
This has been mentioned a few times, but the more I play, the more interesting I find the situation. Both I and the AI civs take a whole lot longer to explore into distant areas. Goodie huts remain for the taking far into the game, even without barbarians sitting on them.

On the other hand, hunters become extremely powerful. Not only do they get endless chances for experience, but the forest invisibility promotion becomes essential to moving quickly through the world.

Couldn't see your picture, but I had the same thing happen to me. A land area about 3x4 blocked off from the rest of Pangaea with a Peak, each tile with 4 wolves or wolf packs on it. I sent 3 rangers over the peak and at first they would attack from the peak and move back onto it if they killed the last wolf on the stack. They'd be save there, because it is impassable. After a few promotions, I got bored and just moved them into the midst of the fray, and each one defended about 8 attacks in a turn. Now I have 36 captive wolves and 3 level 6 rangers ready for promotion to Beastmaster.
The only problem is I needed to bring a boat to get most of them off the island.

I thought about reporting it as a bug, but I like to think about it as "The adventure of Wolf Island" :king:

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but HOLY HELL WALL OF WOLVES!!

I could not subdue this island with conventional means. The wolves multiply too damn quickly.

Each tile there contains a stack of 4-6 wolves.

http://img.waffleimages.com/70704b124258f071eb76ba01b8dd2512e230ad17/wallofwolves.JPG

Raging Barbarians...not so raging! The last couple games, large map, 4 ai opponents...raging barbs set, but it seems like the wilds fill up with wolves and such and the orcs and skeletons don't appear...

..anyone else see this?

The next version has a check in that will stop animals from spawning if they are over a certain ratio of animals compared to the tiles of that continent. Right now its 1 to 3. So animals won't spawn unless there is less than 1 animal per 3 tiles of that land mass.

We will have to play with the exact numbers, but it keeps the xp farming under control.

The next version has a check in that will stop animals from spawning if they are over a certain ratio of animals compared to the tiles of that continent. Right now its 1 to 3. So animals won't spawn unless there is less than 1 animal per 3 tiles of that land mass.

We will have to play with the exact numbers, but it keeps the xp farming under control.

Make sure you fine-tune the settings for each Gamespeed and mapsize.

Make sure you fine-tune the settings for each Gamespeed and mapsize.

Why would map size or game speed be relevant? Its just a maximum amount of animals. So on a continent made of 120 tiles they couldnt have more than 40 animals. How should that be modified by game speed or map size?

@blathergut: yes, I could have it go by the amount of unowned tiles. I dont have that currently. I guess that makes sense though, let me play with it.

I'm getting this when I try downloading:

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.

Is there a mirror?

Thanks!

Why would map size or game speed be relevant? Its just a maximum amount of animals. So on a continent made of 120 tiles they couldnt have more than 40 animals. How should that be modified by game speed or map size?

On slower game speeds it takes longer to build units, so the animals should probably also be reduced. Concerning map size: I guess it depends on how animals move ... on large landmasses you'd get more animals and they could theoretically pose a problem if all converge on a single area.

On slower game speeds it takes longer to build units, so the animals should probably also be reduced. Concerning map size: I guess it depends on how animals move ... on large landmasses you'd get more animals and they could theoretically pose a problem if all converge on a single area.

The spawn rate of animals is already modified by game speed, but the upper limit should be the same.

I think that Infernal can build farms, just not using their own demonic workers. Captured workers should still have the ability.

Infernal settlers and workers should probably not be made with food.

im seeing this ruckus about animals a plenty, since ive played i think i have seen in any of my games ( i play a lot) 1 elephant, and like 3 wolves, doesnt matter if its a empty island i come across or my own lands, i may see a solo lion when i first start my explorers out to the bush, but other then that i dont see animals at all since .22 the barbarians have somewhat disappeared also, there out there, but no difference other then a drop off, animals though, nada, wish i could get some. I captured the one lion i saw and put em into my capital but so many animals needed to complete it was hopeless i dont know if im the only one, but maybe my map style is the reason (huge planet, Islands)

Top Bottom