1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

This perceived problem with the ginormous amounts of animals, and upgraded animals, that people are encountering seems to be mostly related to the fact that people also seem to be playing with relatively "few" (a relative definition if ever there was one) Civ's in their games. I'm guessing that's why I never saw this as anything of a problem, given that I always play on Huge maps with a minimum of 12 civ's involved, so there isn't usually all that much free space, so I never encounter these ridiculously large stacks of animals. I have seen a few big'ish groups of animals, sure, but nothing nearly as insane as what people claim to run into all the time. Though I did see a cluster of like a dozen Lizardmen spread over two neighboring tiles. But they were kinda caught in a dead space of unclaimed land inside the Doviello borders, and I was playing Clan so they left my goblin alone, HAH! :crazyeye:

Anyway. Random comment.. >.>

2. Kael

Kael Deity

We needed some sort of balance for them so they wouldnt grow out of control. An upper limit to keep xp farming from being to useful. I think we have that in patch "f".

3. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Any ETA on patch g? I would like to see the Blood of the Phoneix issue cleared up before I continue my current game. Otherwise all is lost. :D

4. Kael

Kael Deity

Before the weekend.

5. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "g" is uploaded and linked in the first post. It won't break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Cold units now put out smoke/fires instead of fire units.
    2. War Machine now destroy's new forests and jungles.
    3. The War Machine will correctly destroy improvements.
    4. Removed the vile touch check in CombatWon (I'll remove vile touch in the 0.23, it would break saves if I removed it in a patch).
    5. Winning diseased units can't infect non-alive or immune to disease units in the opposing stack.
    6. Fixed the Blood of the Phoenix.
    7. New Spectre model art from seZereth.

6. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Like I said in the Bug Thread.

7. Foro

Foro Chieftain

Played with patch "f" a lan-game with furious barbarians. After the first waves of orc babarians, they simply vanished. After a while we have seen the possible reason. On every square were wolfs or wolfpacks outside of the players realm boundaries, and i really mean every square so no room for orc-barbs.
    This kind of destroyed the feeling of constantly under attack.

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Could you send me a save game?

9. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

So, I ran into a bit of a problem playing as the Ljosalfar today..

It's not directly related to the elves per se, just that I happened to use Hunters and Recon units more than I normally do now that I am playing the elfsies. So, the situation is as follows.. I have a Hunter with Forest Stealth, carrying a Hawk with him. Hunter kills a Wolf, and subdues it. He's now sharing a tile with a controlled wolf. Inevitably, the next turn, hordes of wild wolves attack the tame one, and because it is wounded it is killed mercilessly. This causes the invisible Hunter to be pushed out of the tile. This in turn appears to cause the Hawk to, instead of moving with him, now think that is has no "base" and thus die. They disappear, in any case, and that's the only deduction I could make. Which is kind of a pain since I keep losing them like that, and have to rebuild them. Sure, "they build fast" you say. And yes, they do. But it's still a waste of turns having to replace them nigh-constantly. :crazyeye:

10. Foro

Foro Chieftain

View attachment MTB n. Chr.-0240.Civ4SavedGame

I hope this is a saved game were you can see the problem. We have played a lot more turns since then and the world is nearly cleared.
    Dont know how to start a multiplayer game of three with one person only so i cant check;)

11. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

I finnaly have ADSL at home! I'll be glad to play few FfH games if anyone is interested.

12. jafink

jafink King

@The Jopa: IIRC there is a thread dedicated to multiplayer FfH in the FfH developement forum.

13. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

4 horseman of apocalypse... On Immortal dificulaty they die in 3 turns. I say giving them canibalite, march, heal, blitz will make em more usefull. They are singular units, when attacked by AI stacks they wont last long.

14. Blakmane

Blakmane Prince

Or maybe scale them slightly for difficulty level. In the games my sister plays on warlord the 4 horsemen are enough to clean up most of the map, given time. But on my prince/monarch games they hardly leave a dent.

15. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

I like to play on Immortal.
    On this level I REALLY feel like Survival is goal 1. Especially with early raiging barbarians (turn 30 when 1st orc spearman showsup). Game is really hard and i must resarch technologies AI usually forget (magic), other wise i have nothing to trade for.

As for horseman of apocalypse - Have access to death and fore mana, make archmages and turn them to liches, than get fire III and constantly use them to kill and weaken them. You have no limit for liches if im not mistaken.

16. RPGary

RPGary Chieftain

Kael, I would like to thank you for including a Kraken in your mod, plus an Octopus religion. Thanks

17. Kael

Kael Deity

Umm... your welcome. We also have parrots.

18. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Good advice, thanks. I haven't brave enough to go beyond Prince.

19. Biggieboy

Biggieboy Chieftain

could anyone give me a savegame in turn1? because I seem to have troubles loading the beginning of a game. Is there a intro to the game?

20. Kael

Kael Deity

Yes there is an intro. What happens when you start a game?