1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I think they'd choke on the peel first, lol!

2. GlasyaLabolas

GlasyaLabolas Chieftain

Well, what I mean is, the files in the My Games directory are the ones my game responds to, instead of the one under Program Files. -.- It's just really weird. I've got it installed into the MODS directory there, though.

3. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

so the official civ 4 patch have been released... any changes to this game? I want to know how long it will take for this game to become compatible.

4. Lutefisk Mafia

Lutefisk Mafia Inscrutable Enforcer

First of all, ewwww.

Second, it would appear not. While playing a game as the Clan of Embers, I checked my city management window. Nope, sheep show up under the food resource column, not the "luxury" column. It would be funny, though, if this was switched.

But once again: ewwww.

5. Kael

Kael Deity

I converted 0.23 to the new patch before I released it. It will work without problems.

6. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Odd that you can only get the patches through the CDs or BtS. :confused:

7. Kael

Kael Deity

Remember despite the sales in Europe and Daleland BtS hasn't hit its official release date yet. I dont know what Firaxis's plans are but Im hoping they release the patches publically once the release date is here.

8. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

You can still get it now without BtS. If you missed the instructions in the post, you just go to advanced > check for updates after loading CIV.

9. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Wait so now even the various human cultures that in some ways are similar to real cultures can no longer enjoy Banana! :eek:

:lol: ;)

10. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

well, as long as it not holy, the Calabim won't use it.

11. bluepescadero

bluepescadero Chieftain

Hi there,

let me start with the obligatory praise for this mod, it's such a lot of fun to play and I can't believe how fast you guys update it - if only Firaxis were that quick.

I'd like to address an issue that might not be seen as a problem by many. I and my friends think that finding tech advances in barbarian villages is too much of an advantage for the finder. Could you add a button which eliminates tech advances in barbarian villages?
    Here is another idea: Maybe the finder of a village shouldn't get a complete advancebut only some research points that help him get this advance quicker.

I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

Cheers, bluepescadero

12. chocmushroom

chocmushroom Warlord

NO, it's a great benifit and a real help. On the level I play on the computer civs trade tech between themselves at a better rate than they will with you. Also, I start with one settler, one scout and one warrior, my opponents start with an additional four warriors and a worker. All this means that at the start the computer has a BIG advantage, so being able to get techs helps a lot.

I do have one restriction I think may help, if you find a island which has not been explored yet which has a gooddy hut, it can still give you a tech.... so a little village can know the power of Weaponsmith or the lark. so they maybe should be some restrictions to the level of tech they can give.

13. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

For that reason making it an option to switch on or off would be nice right? Because then you can keep it on but he (or she) can turn it off if they want.

14. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Don't you think the AI also get techs from huts? And at the more difficult levels they must have a much easier time getting them than you. Seeing as they start with workers and extra warriors. They could easily build another scout since they don't have to worry about protection or getting workers.

15. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I was aware of that. I guess I didn't say it very well in my previous post. I want copies of the updates in *.exe format. I just prefer to install them that way. Like Kael said, hopefully they will be released after BtS.

16. bluepescadero

bluepescadero Chieftain

That's exactly what happens. I have been playing on Monarch-level for some time and by no means am I the only one getting benefits. And when I play online with some buddies it's really quite demotivating when you see others getting one advance after the other while your scout was already eaten by a lion in round 10. I think making this optional would really help to create more balance.

17. MisterBenn

MisterBenn Warlord

It may be worth knowing that with the FFH flavour Smartmap script you can control the concentration of goody huts or indeed remove them completely. An option to disable them within the FFH mod itself would be a good addition though, I agree.

And perhaps if the effect of a goody hut was limited to something like 150-200 beakers towards a tech? Enough to pop the earliest technologies instantly, but should the technology granted be further down the tree (either by pure luck, or because a goody hut survived on an island for 200 turns before being discovered) then the goody hut would just grant a small bonus towards a tech and you'd still have to divert time to researching it. That would help balance too and would avoid situations like "The primitive villagers emerge from their stick huts to share the secrets of Pass Through the Ether" !!!

While on the subject of goody huts - is it actually true that Scouts get better results than other units? Melee units can certainly get technologies too, and I can't say I've observed much of a difference in the rates of good results between them.

18. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "c" is linked in the first post, it makes the following changes:

1. Amurite Swordsmen increased from 3 to 4 strength.
    2. Fixed a spinlock issue caused by the AI weight on crew spells.
    3. Barbarian spawning reduced on marathon game speed.
    4. Defence percent is now saved in save games (this will break saves!).
    5. Fixed the Baby Spider popup button art.
    6. Fixed the Temple of Temporence movie.
    7. Fixed combat odds on resists.
    8. Added display of combat odds on resists.
    9. Fixed Pyre Zombies explode ability.

This patch will break save games.

19. bearro

bearro Chieftain

Hi. Are you planning a BtS version? or is the current version compatible (I mainly have in mind benefit from the improved AI)?

20. Kael

Kael Deity

The current version is not compatible with BtS (meaning you have to load the game with the vanilla Civ4 cd to play it).

But this version (0.23) is the last version we will be making for vanilla Civ4. Everything from this point on will be on BtS. We are starting the conversion right now, its going to take a little while. But it should be ready soon (im excited to play FfH with the improved AI too).