[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I have to agree with that one. After playing this mod extensively I finally ended up with a 100 AC game. Was pretty crazy but in the end, I didn't finish it because it started feeling like wack-a-mole too much. All my <prepare for self adulation> wonderful strategy pretty much became worthless and I spent most of my time replacing units. Even through all that, my little Khazad guys never got attacked because of how ridiculously powerful my cities got before the AC got so high but it became tedious, something that rarely occurs for me in FFH.

Thanks again for awesome gaming :)

Quick question, if I am downloading the mod for the vanilla version, am I also supposed to download a patch, or is that only for the BtS version?

Quick question, if I am downloading the mod for the vanilla version, am I also supposed to download a patch, or is that only for the BtS version?

The patch is only for the BtS version. The vanilla version (0.23) already has the latest patch for that version (c) included.

in my opinion Sun Mana is too powerful in 0.25k. I had it at my capital last game in a flood plains tile, which means it yielded 3 food, 7 hammers and 1 commerce. This is just awesome. Is this intentional?

in my opinion Sun Mana is too powerful in 0.25k. I had it at my capital last game in a flood plains tile, which means it yielded 3 food, 7 hammers and 1 commerce. This is just awesome. Is this intentional?

Thats not sun mana, thats the Mirror of Heaven. The Mirror of Heaven is a unique feature that provides +7 hammers and sun mana to the tile it is on. It is definitly very nice to be beside but unlike a bonus its effects won't go to all the cities in your empire, just the city working the plot.

Thats not sun mana, thats the Mirror of Heaven. The Mirror of Heaven is a unique feature that provides +7 hammers and sun mana to the tile it is on. It is definitly very nice to be beside but unlike a bonus its effects won't go to all the cities in your empire, just the city working the plot.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mirror also gives a greatly increased vision range when a unit is on it - at least I seem to remember that from one game.

Sun Mana isn't actually implemented yet, is it? I think I saw that in the ToDo's someplace..

Why has Shrine of Sirona been so seriously nerfed. I can can understand reducing it somewhat but to go from full heal to just 15% is a bit much.
I am also wondering what happened to prophets? I miss my little culture bombs.

Hey Everybody!!!

Here is pic of the print (Orthus) that I won in hexagonian's last contest. As you can see I had it framed and matted. I think it looks great. Now I have to find a good place to hang it. :)

Attachments

• hexagonian's Orthus Print.jpg
    hexagonian's Orthus Print.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 312
Fixen to play a game this weekend, taboo question ETA on the next update.

If I log in and see an update I can never wait to finish my current game before updating and starting over. I don't guess it really matters I get to play more civs that way since I don't really get to play all that much anyway.

There will be time to finish a lengthy game before updating again*. In fact, a November game of the month would probably be able to make it to the end.

*I could be always be wrong, if Kael wants to put out another Bug patch, maybe if he gets the OOS nailed down.

This is a tiny gripe. I mention it only because I love this mod so much.

I really like having the Infernals vs Mercurians in the game. I play only terra maps so the Infernals will have a big place to hang out and get tough before I meet them, and I make sure that the Sheaim and one other evil civ is in the game.

Trouble is, 75% of the time the Infernals never show up. Leaves, Runes, and Overlords get founded first, of course, because they come early in the tech tree, and within 20 turns or so everyone in the continent has converted to one of these. But after the Order and the Ashen Veil get founded, the AI is way too lazy about spreading these religions and switching to them.

Is there a way to tweak the game so that the evil civs will prefer to switch to an evil religion when it becomes available, especially if they found it? Actually ditto for the good civs. I rarely see the Order come into play either.

Also, even when the Infernals do come, and there is room for them to grow, they always get left way way behind. Even the barbarians are kicking their butts. Is there a way to give them a bigger head start and help them keep up? Since they usually come in around turn 200 or so, I think they should start with at least a size 10-15 city and some built-in resources.

I think they should be as big a threat as that awesome lich who lives in the broken sepulcher. I love him, by the way. Him and his earth golems just tear stuff up.

There will be time to finish a lengthy game before updating again*. In fact, a November game of the month would probably be able to make it to the end.

*I could be always be wrong, if Kael wants to put out another Bug patch, maybe if he gets the OOS nailed down.

Where do we sign up?

Top Bottom