[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hey Kael was wondering if you could tell us, or point me in the direction of where the mana listings have gone to in 2.025? It's tough to keep track of to know which nodes to build.

Forgive me for answering as a layman but...I don't know where the mana listings went, but you can keep track of mana by going to the screen for any of your connected cities, and looking at their resources. Mana should be at the bottom of the left-most column.

The mana-list is a feature to-be-done.

From the bug thread:
To do- waiting for "Shadow":
1. Trophies
2. invisibility applied by promotion
3. causes war attribute/check on spells
4. mana bar gui
6. Horsemen spawn mana when they die
7. Need to add the Sprawling trait effects
8. Dirge spawn
9. evangelist mechanic
10. Magnadine captures barbarians
11. Heroes listed in pedia for each Civ.

have a question about the mercenary units,they start with hidden nationality and can readily destroy my enemies, but what exactly is the benefits or effect that happens when i use them to capture an enemy city, the enemy doesnt lose control of the city it seems, but my merc units can defend in the city itself, what happens to the city they are in, is it just a way of keeping enemy's from creating anything in those cities, or are there other things not seen that happen, i cant inspect the city, just wondering, also if i declare nationality in the city of an ally/enemy they reside in will it become war and the city be taken by me if it has no native troops?

Are there any plans to make Mercenaries capable of razing cities at least? I really need to get rid of this silly Ljosalfar city near my northern border--its completely geographically separate from the rest of their empire...but they are a friend and I dont want to go to war.

I think it would be relatively realistic in the context of the world's story for state-actors to go off and hire a mercenary army to raze the cities of a neutral or even a friend.

As far as game balance goes, I think you could balance it by making the mercenaries expensive as compared to their counterparts in a players "regular" army, either in inital production, or even better, a per turn cost. The war mongers wouldnt bother with the mercs, and the peace-nicks would have to suck it up via production or economy.

What do you think?

PS: Completely addicted to this mod!!!

EDIT: I saw in the .25k bug version that Kael posted:
Permanent Changes (things that won't be "fixed")
1. Hidden Nationality units can capture cities.

So does that mean my post is totally overcome by events? That is to say, in .23 the hidden nationality units cannot capture cities, but in .25k they can?

So does that mean my post is totally overcome by events? That is to say, in .23 the hidden nationality units cannot capture cities, but in .25k they can?

Yep, it was often reported as bug but as you allready quoted it is intended in .25

Yep, it was often reported as bug but as you allready quoted it is intended in .25

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!! Cant wait to get BTS to implement .25!!

This mod is just tooooo good to leave alone.

Really silly question, but on the two games I have got half way into so far I have only found mana nodes.. not any of the other types.... is this correct? do I get to alter them later in the game??

As you can see Im only just scratching the surface of this Mod, but am loving every min of it... just needs a little polishing here and there in the Civilepedia.. but I know that takes time!

Another basic ques... religions.. is it only worth founding one? or is the premise the same as in the normal game.. ie by founding more you deny your oposition the chance too....? just not sure if by founding more than 1 I may upset my civs balance

I was wondering something similar. I would like to know if they don't fix the problem because of technical issues, time issues or if it was a intentional /design decision :confused:

I was wondering something similar. I would like to know if they don't fix the problem because of technical issues, time issues or if it was a intentional /design decision :confused:

Technical, I wrote the Hidden Nationality code for 0.23 and earlier versions. The good part of that is we can get it exactly like we want it. The bad part is that Im not nearly as good of a programmer as Firaxis so there were some issues.

For 0.25 we are using the Hidden Nationality code Firaxis wrote for BtS. Much easier for us, and overall it works better but it does allow hidden nationality units to capture.

I'll take a look at it for "shadow" and see if I can change it.

I think it is good the way it is now. Ther Mercenarys everyone is able to build from currency on can't enter and take empty cities. If you want to capture or raze an enemy city without declaring war, you will need the council of esus wonder, that comes with deception, and hereby give a regular unit hidden nationality, that CAN capture cities.

This is a cool mechanic, that makes the council of esus inredibally valuable.
That gets even more nasty if you build powerful heroes in that city like Baron Halfmon for example. Even his spawned werewolves will not have HN, but a Strength 11 Mid-Game Hero with hidden nationality is quite awesome.

Something slightly different.
I've erred again - The Black wind CAN transport any unit, but only if either all units have hidden nationality or none.
This seems new since the BtS conversion, and I seem to have missed it out, just like the Inquisitor thing, I posted last page...

Really silly question, but on the two games I have got half way into so far I have only found mana nodes.. not any of the other types.... is this correct? do I get to alter them later in the game??
There are four technologies that come after knowledge of the Ether, (Which gives you your first magic casting units). Alteration, Divination, Elementalism, and Necromancy; each of these allows you to improve raw mana nodes into a differnt type, allowing you to learn spells of that type. (workers cannot do this, only adepts or their upgraded counterparts.)

Another basic ques... religions.. is it only worth founding one? or is the premise the same as in the normal game.. ie by founding more you deny your oposition the chance too....? just not sure if by founding more than 1 I may upset my civs balance
The Holy city shrine gives you a source of mana as well as the income, so it is a bit more valuable than in vanilla.

Technical, I wrote the Hidden Nationality code for 0.23 and earlier versions. The good part of that is we can get it exactly like we want it. The bad part is that Im not nearly as good of a programmer as Firaxis so there were some issues.

For 0.25 we are using the Hidden Nationality code Firaxis wrote for BtS. Much easier for us, and overall it works better but it does allow hidden nationality units to capture.

I'll take a look at it for "shadow" and see if I can change it.

Nononono! I think Mercenaries should be able to raze cities--and giant spiders and other captured animals too (seriously, 5 story arachnid stepping lightly around buildings so as not to ruin anything?! Of course it would be destroyed)

If you are going to change anything I think that Mercenary units should be given the option of razing or not, and that for captured animals it should be mandatory that the city is razed.

Now, Im not a programmer, and I dont know how hard/easy that would be, but it sounds like a reasonable gameplay/ consistent content issue at least.

This mod is just tooooo good to leave alone.

As you can see Im only just scratching the surface of this Mod, but am loving every min of it... just needs a little polishing here and there in the Civilepedia.. but I know that takes time!

In addition to what Nikis-Knight said about religions, you've probably also noticed that unlike the regular (i.e., unmodded) Civ IV game, the different religions in FfH2 have different effects: allowing access to different units and civics, and changing your alignment. So the choice of a state religion has more ramifications. Makes for very interesting gameplay. If I'm playing a spiritual civ I'll sometimes try to change religion and alignment several times a game, so I can build a wide variety of units. Causes diplomatic problems, of course, but hey.

thnx for all the help guys.. much appreaciated. The Wiki entry also invaluable reading for a newbie like me.. so much effort has gone into this.. amazing

Something slightly different.
I've erred again - The Black wind CAN transport any unit, but only if either all units have hidden nationality or none.
This seems new since the BtS conversion, and I seem to have missed it out, just like the Inquisitor thing, I posted last page...

That was driving me mad too! wondered why i could transport all my animals about but nothing else! :lol: Thought it was just a diff Noaks Ark! :lol:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't want to read every comment in this thread. Do you need to have BTS or can you just play it with warlords.:confused: :D :D

I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't want to read every comment in this thread. Do you need to have BTS or can you just play it with warlords.:confused: :D :D

The first post has 2 versions in it, one for BtS and one for vanilla. All future development is being done on the BtS version.

The first post has 2 versions in it, one for BtS and one for vanilla. All future development is being done on the BtS version.

Ok thanks for info.:lol: :D :D :D

Are Ancient Towers going to take on a greater role in Shadow and Ice, say an awakening from the Age of Magic? If not I would like to see the ability to destroy them return especially since some of them are useless due to their lack of line of sight. Also, once your borders expand beyond them they take up a tile that could be otherwise worked.

I have an issue with the last event (Armageddon, I think) when the counter gets to 90+. For those of you who haven't made it there, skip the rest of this post...

----------------

Basically 90% of my very best units ended up as barbs. I my humble opinion, this event is over-powered and unfair. Although this mod is excellent, I think the event in question spoils the end game. As a player, I want to have fun and see my strategy rewarded. In this case, the game ceased to be fun and I ended up tossing it. I spent 400+ turns building up some units and I felt totally cheated when so many went away in a single turn (despite the fact I had cast Loyalty on the vast majority of them). Why in heck would I want to play an evil Civ if, almost inevitably, it ended up provoking my own Civ's demise? It seems then I would be better off always playing good Civs, since in most cases I've been able to limit the counter to 20 or 30 and avoid the killer event altogether. I don't claim to understand all of the strategies in this otherwise outstanding mod, but this doesn't seem right.

-------------

Edit -- I think that was the fourth horseman of the Apocalypse event that cause the problem described above.

Top Bottom