[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

You can only have one skeleton per adept who can cast skeleton.
Unfortunately that wasn't the problem... In most of the cities with this problem I had no skeletons and the adept had been built specifically for that city. What was funny is that later, all of a sudden, ALL of my adepts could create skeletons again!! So far as one skeleton per adept, I have several times during war built multiple skeletons per adept.

i'll admit i don't know. Perhaps the Deis Dei wonder hasn't been built yet? It is the Empyrean shrine and triggers the overcouncil.
That could be it!!! I don't always get a lot of great prophets and that may well be the reason if teh Deis Dei is required for voting. Thanks!!

About my hundreth question of the day.

Perhaps I need a lesson in the adaptive trait. I am currently playing Cardith Lorda and when the change screen (to change traits) came up I took industrious to speed up production of wonders. Then, later, after I had Military Science I changed to organized. I then proceeded into my cities to schedule command posts, but found that it wasn't present. So... Thinking that I chose the wrong trait, I backed up four turns and tried again. When the screen came up, I very carefully selected orgranized. But... Still no command posts.

Shouldn't changing to the organized trait provide the same capabilities as if you gained it naturally?

Thanks.

Unfortunately that wasn't the problem... In most of the cities with this problem I had no skeletons and the adept had been built specifically for that city. What was funny is that later, all of a sudden, ALL of my adepts could create skeletons again!! So far as one skeleton per adept, I have several times during war built multiple skeletons per adept.

All the adepts have the spell until your skeleton count = the count of magic caster with death I. Whenever you build adepts or get some skeletons kiled the spell will get active again. If you cast the skeleton spell with another unit you would of course not be able to cast it with your new adept... Just make all skeletons with a c5 unit as that way they all get empower 5 and are 50% stronger than if you make them with fresh adepts.

No, Command Posts can be built by a Great General or by a leader with the Organized trait, which is what Omegon3 was trying to do there. It's a sneaky little trick with the Adaptive leaders. One that apparently refused to work, too. :lol:

What kind of map do you play on? I have usually just tried continents, large or huge.

About my hundreth question of the day.

Perhaps I need a lesson in the adaptive trait. I am currently playing Cardith Lorda and when the change screen (to change traits) came up I took industrious to speed up production of wonders. Then, later, after I had Military Science I changed to organized. I then proceeded into my cities to schedule command posts, but found that it wasn't present. So... Thinking that I chose the wrong trait, I backed up four turns and tried again. When the screen came up, I very carefully selected orgranized. But... Still no command posts.

Shouldn't changing to the organized trait provide the same capabilities as if you gained it naturally?

Thanks.

I just tested it and I was able to build command posts after gaining organized with the adaptive trait (as long as I had Military Strategy too).

Use a different map script, I guess. I've never seen an ai on a one-tile island, but I haven't used archepelagio or continents for some time.

We play Custom Continents 99.9% of the time to try and allow the computer to get a decent defense going. We prefer longer games (obviously) and want to use higher level units to attack and defend with. Not just axemen/swordsmen. That was the whole reason we were excited about playing FFH with BTS. The AI didn't hesitate to attack with a large navy while carrying a substantial army on board.

The scariest thing that I can see in the attacking stack is an assassin and that isn't always the case.

Try checking hte promotions on your defending units. If any one unit in the stack has a negative promotion causing the bug, the entire stack will retreat. It's not necessarily just the attacking units.

Best wishes,

Breunor

My friends and I have noticed a few...problems you might say? Maybe better described as a lack of AI tactics.

Basically the AI, when playing with Raging Barbs, is killed rather quickly in EVERY game we play. They also seem to use it's world spell early on (usually just Jonas).

Anyways, I'm not sure if these "problems" have been brought up before. I'm sorry if they have.

Also, is there a way to stop anyone in the game (AI as well as players) from starting on a 1 tile island? I believe that contributes quite a bit to the extinction of some AI civ's

I wouldn't be surprised. The human 'knows' it is playing with raging barbs. In regular Civ, I don't think the computer can tell. Building the Great Wall with raging barbs is considered a quasi-exploit in regular Civ because, again, the computer AI doesn't know it is playing raging barbs or at least can't adapt the AI so easily.

I suspect it works the same way in FfH. Barbarians are VERY tough in this mod, so playing on raging barbs may be more than the AI can handle.

Best wishes,

Breunor

First off, congratulations to the creators of the FfH mod.

I just return here to this thread after having spent quite some time to find out where to find FfH-wiki, or rather why I couldn´t find it just now, so:

Shouldn´t the FfH2 readme file contain a link to the (working) wiki, or at least to the FfH-thread?

To make this post worthwhile, two (non-bug) things I wondered about (the no-hidden-grouping bug seems to have been adressed already):
Imo the End of Days Flag might be more true to its name if it increased the Armageddon Counter automatically (eg by 1 per 'era event probability' turns).
Personally, I considered Fall From Heaven II the digital equivalent of mind altering substance - it robs people´s off time. Anyway, speaking of health, if health is already a factor in Civ4 and FfH, I wonder 'Where are the plagues?', rate of healing and max health of units in unhealthy/besieged cities, plus plague adds to the Gothic feel. Ooh I´m so evil - undead are immune.

I wouldn't be surprised. The human 'knows' it is playing with raging barbs. In regular Civ, I don't think the computer can tell. Building the Great Wall with raging barbs is considered a quasi-exploit in regular Civ because, again, the computer AI doesn't know it is playing raging barbs or at least can't adapt the AI so easily.

I suspect it works the same way in FfH. Barbarians are VERY tough in this mod, so playing on raging barbs may be more than the AI can handle.

I would agree with you considering BTS. Although before BTS, we always played with raging Barbs and it was pretty dang rare to see an AI Civ die off. Also, more than half the time an AI is put on a 1 tile island, they don't even bother settling. When they DO settle, they don't jump to the mainland. You see them cruising around with Galley's and Trireme's of all sorts but only one city. :p

By the way,

Please don't get me wrong. I fully enjoy Fall From Heaven. I don't want to seem ungrateful for the time and effort that's been put in. I was just inquiring is all :)

I just started playing this. I love the fantasy aspect - but I don't have much grasp of the magic system yet. I'm playing as a neutral dwarf race. I sent about 10 champions, axemen, and a dwarf hero to kill Asheron the dragon -- but no one will even attack, they are too afraid. Do I need to wait until farther into the magic system to get a fear blocking spell, or what am I overlooking? Thanks.

What kind of map do you play on? I have usually just tried continents, large or huge.
I have a LOT of fun with shuffle, fractal, hemispheres, big and small, and medium and small. You get a good mix of continents and islands. The nice thing about these is that all the civilizations aren't all on the same continent and you frequently get a little time to build. If you like to start by yourself, then you can play hemispheres or custom continents and select a count equal to the number of civs selected (if you like playing with only a few civs) and cross your fingers -- doesn't always work though... The setup seems to like putting at least two civs together.

Of course, if you like a challenge (I'm pretty much a wimp until I get the "Big Three" units) you can always try the single land masses where you are all grouped together. If you like that, Inland Sea, Lakes, and Highlands are usually good. I don't play many of the other maps.

Since I'm not really into war, but enjoy wiping out barbarians, I usually go huge.

I just tested it and I was able to build command posts after gaining organized with the adaptive trait (as long as I had Military Strategy too).
Perhaps it was just a fluke or perhaps the unrestricted leaders did something. Of course, being a programmer myself I really don't like "flukes"...

Thanks for the feedback Kael!!!! I really admire your work and wish that I had the knowledge in the gaming area.

I just started playing this. I love the fantasy aspect - but I don't have much grasp of the magic system yet. I'm playing as a neutral dwarf race. I sent about 10 champions, axemen, and a dwarf hero to kill Asheron the dragon -- but no one will even attack, they are too afraid. Do I need to wait until farther into the magic system to get a fear blocking spell, or what am I overlooking? Thanks.

Well, if you want to learn more about magic, you chose the wrong civ. The Khazad are unable to upgrade their adepts, and so they have no sorcery or summoning spells available to them.

The Fear blocking spell, however, does not require sorcery or summoning. Courage is the Spirit I spell. Sine the Khazad don't start with spirit mana, you'll need to build an adept (requires knowledge of the Ether tech and the mage guild building) and build a spirit node (requires the Divination Tech), and then promote him (or another adept) to spirit 1. He can then cast Courage, if there are units in his tile that can get it. It will give the courage promotion to all living units in the tile. Note that most non-living units (demons, angels, undead, ships, and siege units) are immune to fear anyway.

The Khazad you have the world's best siege units. Although I think that Trebuchets can't kill, they can weaken the dragon significantly. The fear effect is random; although very likely it it won't always happen; it is less likely to prevent a unit from attacking if it has a very good chance of victory. You may be able to weaken Acheron with your siege units enough for your units to kill him. Still, you should try to get spirit mana anyway, in case you have to face demons with fear. Also, a passive effect of spirit mana makes you generate more GPP.

I still play warlords FF2, and the last time I tried to kill asheron with catapults they were to afraid to attack and the courage spell would not work for them. Has this definitely been changed for the latest version.

I still play warlords FF2, and the last time I tried to kill asheron with catapults they were to afraid to attack and the courage spell would not work for them. Has this definitely been changed for the latest version.

Warlords FFH2?

I really hope you mean Vanilla FFH2... otherwise I have missed a whole era of FFH2 development (and a warlord conversion)...:confused:

Anyway... having the same problem as you have sometimes with fear, the horsemen when they arrive and conquer cities... really makes you regret not getting that spirit mana so you can kill them and raze the city to the ground without provoking an act of war :mad: (you guys didn't think I would let them capture my cities did ya? ;) )

Top Bottom