1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. RogueThunder

RogueThunder Warlord

However! I did not actualy give up. For all who need it, atleast until it croaks, here is FFH2 32!

http://files.filefront.com/FallfromHeaven2032exe/;10442640;/fileinfo.html

Feel free to distribute and relocate link. Damn this thing took 2hrs to upload O.o and thats the 4th attempt.

Edit:
    Oh yes and additionaly in responce to:
    Assuming you somehow had a 0 xp mage, and archmage. Mages would gain at twice the rate an adept with 0 does, archmages three times the adept with 0. Of course, mages and archmages already have xp... which slows down their advancement.

Ya can find the exact table a ways back, Kael was nice enough to post the formula. Or at least a good imitation of it.

Filefront aint exactly a perminate solution... but stuf like this usualy stays up quiet a while.

2. erm4gh

erm4gh Chieftain

(I originally asked how to quarantee that a AI player such as Alexis would stay evil)

I disabled TECH_ORDERS_FROM_HEAVEN , TECH_WAY_OF_THE_EARTHMOTHER and TECH_HONOR for all of what I consider inherently evil leaders and started a new game. Every single leader that I disabled techs to prevent them becoming good is good. Alexis is good due to converting to Order.

I assume that if the religion spreads to your cities you can convert to it, despite not having the tech. Perhaps all that disabling a religious tech does is prevent you from building certain buildings.

3. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

In all the games that I've played, I had never actually grafted a unit's abilities onto a flesh golem (I'd built them; just not upgraded them) until my latest game with the Calabim. I decided to try it and discovered its amazing wonders. Given a unit with the abilities of a vampire, prior, and fire-balling mage, I found that I had one heck of a unit!!!

So I busily started upgrading my remaining three vampire lords to the point where they could summon flesh golems and start busily upgrading them. Then, much to my surprise, I discovered that I couldn't graft any more abilities onto a golem (disappointing -- I was about to add the fire-balling ability with a boost of metamagic).

This leads to the question: What is the limit to which you can graft flesh? What are the rules behind this so that, in the future, I know when I've reached my limit?

Thanks in advance to any answers that can be provided!!

4. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

You CAN guarantee that an evil leader will NOT turn good simply by NOT adopting the "good" religions. The Order will automatically move an evil leader to good; Kilmorph will normally (not always I've discovered!) move a leader up one level in the chain (turning evil to neutral and neutral -- sometimes -- to good). I don't know about the Empyreans since I rarely adopt this religion.

If you want to keep an evil leader evil simply either don't adopt a religion (not really a good idea since temples provide some good benefits) or adopt either the Veil (guaranteed evil!!), Leaf, or Octopus (neither of the last two will change the leader's orientation).

5. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

To my memory Kael's formula didn't differentiate between mages and archmages (I was the person who asked about it originally). Also, what the heck is a "0 xp mage" (as soon as they are trained, they have experience points...)??? But, I believe that you are telling me that, in actuality, archmages WILL gain experience faster than mages, right? Also, I would assume that the same is true for priests versus priors?

6. GhostQ

GhostQ Warlord

Archmagi do indeed gain XP faster than Magi. That is because of the Channeling ability, I believe Channeling III adds a %20 more chance to gain XP than Channeling II. But every XP reduces the chances of getting XP by %1, so leaving out the Charismatic trait or any other possible exceptions, a Mage has to have at least 10 XP and an Archmage has to have 26 XP. That means a Mage at 10 XP has a %4 less chance of getting an XP compared to an Archmage at 26 XP ( 20 - ( 26 - 10 ) = 4 ). Same goes for Adepts and Magi as well.

7. erm4gh

erm4gh Chieftain

I think you misunderstand. I'm asking how to prevent a AI player from turning good. I understand how to avoid turning my own civilization good etc. What can I do when creating a custom game (where I will lock the assets afterwards) to prevent evil AI civilizations from turning good?

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

In a Custom game, you can disable any religion. Thus, you can make it impossible for anyone to turn good.

You could also try increasing the religious weightings in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. A -100 value make a leader completely unable to adopt the religion.

9. erm4gh

erm4gh Chieftain

I don't want to prevent anybody from being good, I like playing as good. I just want certain civilizations not to be good, and usually evil.

I'll try editing the weight to -100. Thanks.

10. WoundedKnight

WoundedKnight Warlord

The only way to do this, as noted, is to disable the "order" religion. Unfortunately, this will also make order unavailable for good nations.

A more reasonable way to do this, and promote a certain religion without removing good religions from the game is, if Alexis or someone else turns good that you want to be evil, get an open borders agreement and spam them with Ashen Veil missionaries. By understanding how religion affects alignment and putting out missionaries, you can have a huge impact on the alignment of your neighbors.

11. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

So..

I was playing a multiplayer game with a friend, and we hit upon a weird little snag. Around turn 400 or so, the game refuses to let us end our turn. At first when the problem appeared we'd get the icon to turn into the spinning globe, but then nothing at all would happen and we'd be stuck there.

So we started trying to tinker our way past the issue, but to no avail. And now when I load the game up I can't even end the turn at all. In fact, I can't do anything. I can select units and so on, but not do anything with them, and I can't end the turn. :crazyeye:

Anyone with any helpful insight as to what the problem might be?

The savegame is in version 0.31e, for the record.

View attachment 178695

12. wuntoothrie

wuntoothrie Choco.dile

I agree I usually build a shadow up to level 30 or so ... something to do while your civilization researches the big stuff ... and then graft him into a golem ... an invisible fleshy war machine with magik ... and I've got Arch Mages to graft into golems giving the golem channeling III spell casting abilities ... so, I don't know about limits ... I'd like to know if there are any Flesh golem grafting limits too ...

cool unit ... immortal ... respawns in your capital if destroyed ... +1 fire per source that your civilization possesses ... I think she's in the civilopedia under the heroes heading ...

I'm guessing that you're referring to the whole stack jumping when one unit jumps due to BotP or withdrawal chance ... I'm thinking I'd probably just separate the stack at the end of my turn ... and then be sure to have obsidian gates in those cities ... before taunting the world with the tower ...

yeah ...

13. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

It was kind of weird... For a while I wasn't able to add any more abilities to flesh golems, then after taking a city I found that the "button" for grafting flesh was re-enabled again. So, I don't quite understand if there are limits or there is something else at play.

So far as Brigit, she's pretty cool. However, I'm not sure that I'll EVER be able to get her unless I'm playing the Calabim. They are the only ones with which I've ever come close to having a level 15 unit.

14. Omegon3

Omegon3 Prince

Perhaps I've been in the dark for quite some time (not unusual!!), but...

I have always assumed that there were only three dragons available in the game -- Acheron, Abashi, and Euchartes (or however you spell it!!). However, I just came across another dragon named "Drifa" (while I was cheating -- with wings I thought that the dragons should be able to fly so I was adding the "free promotion" of "flying" to them all -- to which I'm sure the designers all cringe!!:lol:).

I looked at the Civilopedia and it really didn't say much about HOW this dragon comes into existence. I didn't see any tech or any civilization requirements (though I'm half blind and might have missed it).

Can someone tell me how and when Drifa is born?

Thanks.

15. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Drifa is Mulcarn's Dragon, whom you might have slain if you played AoI (although there she was str 80, and not really meant to be killed). Like all Dragons, she was created by the gods in the Age of Dragons as a weapon in the Godswar.

Drifa is only in FfH II for Scenarios, probably one in which Auric Ulvin is trying to regain his godhood. You cannot ever build her.

I too give all the dragons (every other unit with wings, excluding gargoyles) Flying. Well, in my my more recent version I gave "Winged" instead, which allows the unit to cast a spell to add or remove flying. (Since a Flying unit cannot use roads or get defensive bonuses)

16. wuntoothrie

wuntoothrie Choco.dile

yeah ... I'm pretty much grafting flesh with abandon ...

yeah, Archeron(sp?) is kinda weak (compared to the other dragons) if you're able to subdue her (him?) ... well, 'weak' might be a bit harsh ... I mean 19 strength is pretty tough I guess ... but his (her?) stats don't hold up to the other dragons stats ...

17. JB85

JB85 Chieftain

2.020f version wasn't working

.023 version works, my problem is solved :)

18. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

I wonder how the media pack going to be like. Be nice if he can get a good hold of a movie animator so we have like a animation movie on most of the wonders and events.

19. WoundedKnight

WoundedKnight Warlord

One experience question.

Sometimes in the early game, I note that some units stop at 100 XP and can't gain more experience than this no matter how many battles they fight.

Then in the late game there seems to be no limit.

Sometimes it is different for different units. In my current game, with a great commander attached to a unit it has no trouble going above 100...but other units cannot get past this barrier in mid-game.

Anyone have any idea why XP is capped at 100 in the early game or what event or trigger allows units to go past 100?

20. Skippa

Skippa Noble

From what I've seen there are two reasons for the 100xp cap:

1/ Heroes get xp each turn until they reach 100 xp

2/ When fighting barbarians a unit can only increase xp up to 100xp.

In both situations above the unit must engage units of a player / AI civ in order to go beyond the 100xp cap.

Also from what you've said it looks as if you're engaging a lot of barbarians in the early game and reaching 100 xp. Later in the game you goto war with another civ and your units exceed the xp limit when fighting those civ units.