[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hello fellows, I was just wondering (no pressure) if you could start making certan civs more adaptible for differnt climates (Illians, Doviello, Clans of embers, ect.) I'd really like to see some jungle fairing orcs. Once again no pressure, just some food for thought

I still think mercurians and infernals should be locked in war, after all basium Says, "we come to wage war with the infernal..."

Just an idea

I still think mercurians and infernals should be locked in war, after all basium Says, "we come to wage war with the infernal..."

Just an idea

That war will be covered in greater detail in "Fire".

Don't teh Clan of Embers lizardmen get jungle bonuses?

Yes yes they do, however I was thinking about something more along the line of jungle subsitence. Perhaps a unique improvement that the clan can make.

Why should anyone get a national bonus in jungles? There is no one that can claim to be historically adapted to them. We just got out of the Age of Ice, remember? There hasn't been any jungle around for years, except just recently, so why should one nation be better adapted to it than others?

Why are the malakin adept to the deserts, how did the Hippus keep horses when grass can't thrive in perma-frost? Honestly if we are to beleave that the entire world was in a total deep freeze, then we would have to acknowlage that Jungles can survive below freezing weather. However this isn't so right? The moment you start applying Logic to a fantasy mod, you start to unraval the entire continuity of the mod.
Do Elfs have only partical experiances with forests, or do they have magical bond with them?
In any case you ask me why, I can only say that it would help to diversify the playing experiance with the clan, it would be fun. The reason is fun, and the means is magic. It just doesn't have to make sense...

Why are the lanun good at sea? After all they have been frozen...
Yep logik +fantasy dont always mix well.
And while we should avoid logik mistakes whenever possible sometimes you have to put logik aside for fun.
But if you want a somewhat logical explantion for jungle orks: They always lived in the wilderness (after all they are baberians), and thus they had to learn how to use what nature offers to you... and nature includes jungle

Whenever I load the mod now (ver. 2.016j), I have a Civ4 Vanilla that remains open in the background. It has no menu, but the world is shown in its animated spin. I have to ctrl+alt+del it away... am I the only one who has experienced this? Also, my display overlap bug is still happening. Other than that, I love the mod and especially the new dwarves!!

Any idea if you are going to have more anti-culture units for the Balseraphs??? just curious

Why are the malakin adept to the deserts, how did the Hippus keep horses when grass can't thrive in perma-frost? Honestly if we are to beleave that the entire world was in a total deep freeze, then we would have to acknowlage that Jungles can survive below freezing weather. However this isn't so right? The moment you start applying Logic to a fantasy mod, you start to unraval the entire continuity of the mod.
Do Elfs have only partical experiances with forests, or do they have magical bond with them?
In any case you ask me why, I can only say that it would help to diversify the playing experiance with the clan, it would be fun. The reason is fun, and the means is magic. It just doesn't have to make sense...

An explanation could be that the game doesn't start the exact same moment all the ice has melted away, but only several years (decades? centuries?) after, when the populations have all adapted (somewhat) to their environment and managed to gather into larger groups ready to establish their first city.

I don't know wether jungles and deserts would have time to develop in that time (maybe if we're talking about centuries, yes), but hey, Erebus is a magical land :D

I agree that logic and magic dont mix. You cant talk about orcs, dragons, spells, dwarves, mithril, and Typhoid Mary then throw in physics. They just dont mix. Beyond that, whatever the devs decide to do is what will happen. I enjoy what they have done so far, and so does everyone else or they wouldnt take the time to post here.

I would like to see an evil philosophical spiritual civ leader. Maybe even another civ who gets adventurers (the anti-grigorians with a different permanent trait).

Also, is there a way to be able to use "smartmap" on multi-player that I dont know about?

I use smartmap while playing multiplayer in my lan. At the beginning of the game everyone is OOS but its just an anoyance because simply let the clientplayers log out, then log in again and the problem is solved. The OOS wont occur again even if you load a saved game.Dont know if its working with the internet though.

I agree that logic and magic dont mix. You cant talk about orcs, dragons, spells, dwarves, mithril, and Typhoid Mary then throw in physics. They just dont mix. Beyond that, whatever the devs decide to do is what will happen. I enjoy what they have done so far, and so does everyone else or they wouldnt take the time to post here.

I would like to see an evil philosophical spiritual civ leader. Maybe even another civ who gets adventurers (the anti-grigorians with a different permanent trait).

Also, is there a way to be able to use "smartmap" on multi-player that I dont know about?

People are thinking too hard. Relax. Enjoy the MOD. :)

Hi there! I just wanted to pop in and say that I finally tried out FFH the other night. I'm not sure why I waited so long... probably because I have Warlords and am a bit hesitant to go back to vanilla Civ for anything. But I remember enjoying Master of Magic a great deal back in the day, so I thought I'd give the mod a try.

I'm glad I did. It's a lot of fun, though it was difficult at first to know which civ was what, or what the research paths were supposed to mean. But once I got the hang of it, I was really addicted. I sort of found myself wishing that the wonders had their own movies, though of course it's easy to figure out why that isn't the case -- the amount of work that's been done here is incredible, and it wouldn't take much to make this the kind of release that I would even pay for. I've always wanted a successor to Master of Magic, after all, and this comes very close.

Thanks again!

Add wonder movies, complete the pedia and eliminate the bugs... or most of them.
Do these three things and you have an expansion pack worth $50, unlike warlords :sad: .

I often seen (barbarian) Pirate ships attacking units on land, such as in cities, but I'm unable to do the same with my own Pirate ships. How do I do it?

I often seen (barbarian) Pirate ships attacking units on land, such as in cities, but I'm unable to do the same with my own Pirate ships. How do I do it?

I've complained about this one before. In my experience, it'll happen any time you have open borders and the pirate sails into town. It's quite annoying because if your pirate's sailing along the coast and they have a coastal city, it'll attack and usually die. The flipside is that I don't think you can do that while at war. Don't really know why you'd want to do it, but that's one way.

Why should anyone get a national bonus in jungles? There is no one that can claim to be historically adapted to them. We just got out of the Age of Ice, remember? There hasn't been any jungle around for years, except just recently, so why should one nation be better adapted to it than others?

You could think of Jungle to include Swamps. Those also exist out of tropical regions.

I always thought so. If so, then it just means that the ice sheets at the northern and southern poles have melted, thereby increasing the amount of territory on the Earth's surface inhabitable by humans. As you may remember there were jungles before the last ice age (remember the dinosaurs?) just as there are jungles now. This is not a coincidence.

If the Age of Ice literally means that the entire earth was covered by ice and we can infer that the ecogology of the planet operates according to the same laws of nature that govern ours, it would take many millions of years for jungles to re-emerge assuming some tiny pockets even survived on an all-permafrost biosphere. At any rate, it takes just a few generations for a tribe of humans to adapt to a new eco-system which is way sooner than it would take a jungle to take over a significant portion of the Earth's surface.

Also, in regard to the question of whether you can raise horses on a tundra: of course you can, and many people do! In fact, horses thrive in environments in which grass is <b><i>sparse.</i></b> This is because the biggest check on the wild horse population isn't the lack of grass; it's predators, from which they rely on sparse environments such as tundra and steppes to avoid. SCIENCE!

Age of ice is not the same as the Ice age.
Age of ice is only a few hundred years long. It is also not entirely global, and in a way is just a superficial covering.

Top Bottom