Mod idea: better, more quest-like victories

Starrynite120

Prince
Hello all,
From my perspective, victories are one of the the biggest flaws in the vanilla game and desperately need an overhaul. I know people have changed it so they happen later, but I don't think that's enough. I propose making them more questlike with more goals that each fit the affinity ideals. For example, I'll give you my idea for the supremacy questline.
Something like this:

Step 1) make 3 expeditions to gather information about this new world
Step 2) make 3 nodes (supremacy improvement)
Step 3) launch 3 military satellites to show your dominance of the skies
Step 4) have a standing army of 15 units to show your military strength
Step 5) make 3 firaxite mines to harvest this powerful resource
Step 6) amass 10000 energy (because supremacy likes energy)
Step 7) conquer 3 cities to show your supremacy over other civilizations on this world
Step 8) launch lasercom satellite (you've shown your supremacy on this planet, now to show it to earth)
Step 9) build 3 hypercores (since it's the supremacy "super" building)
Step 10) emancipation gate

Now each step once completed gives a bonus and unlocks the next step. You could even have a reward be a unique affinity national wonder, that could be interesting. This method of victory would make affinities much more immersive and victories game-long things and have more role playing involved. Of course what I've said above may not be balanced, but I think something along here lines could be really cool. Unfortunately I'm not well versed in coding so this could be really difficult for all I know, but I figured I'd suggest it to see what people say and if anyone thinks they could do it. Also, unlocking the next step could be connected to affinity levels, so it also encourages gaining affinity game long instead of in bursts. What do you think?

Edit: just saw the requests and ideas thread. This probably should've gone there but idk how to move it.

Top Bottom