Mod installation for Mac OS

JokerNole

Chieftain
Hello to everybody :)
After 1k hours of playing in all dlc civilization V i wanted to diversify it. I have found a good mod that i do need (map) but have encountered many problems while installing it on Mac OS 10.9.5

The instruction is below :
For MAC users you will need to download the .zip file below and extract the folder inside and copy the whole folder to:

/Users/[Your username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Contents/Home/Assets/Maps

Firstly, i coped to find library folder(because Apple has hidden it) . Then Application support-steam-steamapps-common-civilization v- but in the last folder i have not found neither contents nor smith else but the game ICON itself .
Well, i finally found MAP folder ( documents-aspyr-c.m.civilization- maps)

After i have found the required map, i have downloaded the ZIP file, then double click and as i understood it has unzipped,because the icon became as with the usual folder.not zip folder

Then i have copied the whole folder(new,unzipped) to the maps folder. Afterwards i opened civilization - set up game-advanced setup but have found NOTHING of mod maps.

Please, help me those who has installed mods on mac OS .

Hi, welcome. Please tell us which map you have tried to install, and I'll see if it works for me.

I tried putting it in several different MAPS folders my system, The one that worked was the one listed in the instructions, and which you quoted above:

/Users/[Your username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Contents/Home/Assets/Maps

You have already discovered how to get to the ~/Library folder. If you then navigate to Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilisation V, you will indeed see the CIV5 icon. If you right click that you will have a Finder option to "Show Package Contents". Choose that option and it will take you inside the application package, where you can go on to find Contents/Home/Assets/Maps. Drop the complete NQ Map folder in there and start Civ5. Select Single Player -> Setup Game ->Map Type ->Additional Maps. You should find NQ Pangaea with Small Islands V9 in the list.

The ~/Documents/Aspyr/ ... /Maps folder seems to work OK of simple xxxx.Civ5Map files, but the NQ Map is a LUA scripted set of files, and it looks as if it has to be put in the game's data directory, which is not very clever!

I'm running El Capitan, but I think the above should work for older Mac OS versions if you haven't upgraded yet.

Thank you Alan, it has worked out!
And,what about nq mod on institutes and so on , version 8? in the official intersection written that no mod for Mac os. Is there any chance to get that mod on mac?

What is "Institutes and so on"? I don't see any mention of this in the references I have read. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong mod - I have downloaded NoQuitterMod_v8.0 (v.8)

If I have the correct NQ mod, I think it's specifically for multi-player, and it's DLC, not a simple loadable mod. These factors may be enough to make it incompatible with the Mac, but the real killer is that it includes a file called CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll. This looks like a custom dll extension to Civ5, which is definitely not supported by the Mac version.

You can install it in ~/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilisation 5/Mods/, and it will appear in your Mods menu. But if you enable it and try to proceed, you can only start a Single User game, so I'm pretty sure it's not working. I'm not sure what you want to achieve.

Yes, Alan, you have answered right to my question ! Thank you , i just know that this mod affects such aspects of the game as social institutes , no venice and so on.
But here is a tremendous problem - i have downloaded NQ map. Played several single-player games. Than i united my friends, who have the same version of map NQ. I create a room, invite them and they see a map with red like map info not found. Ok we go ,play everything is ok. When we want to go RE- i create room, everything repeats, but the game simply does not start. I have checked it with 2(!) players.I don't know, but the problem seems to be in me
Any ideas ? :)

Sorry. I've never tried multiplayer, so you'll need someone else to help you.

Top Bottom