[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

i dont mean to be apain in the ass but where is assets? when i open up the mod there are no sub folders.....

Open up
maxrigamod_v2_1 : MaxRigaMod : Assets : replace the python folder with the zip file.

It's right there.

casey1966 said:
Open up
maxrigamod_v2_1 : MaxRigaMod : Assets : replace the python folder with the zip file.

It's right there.
seriously man there are no sub folders, i downloaded it unzipped it and there is are just hundreds of files not in sub directories, when i load the save up all that is on the map is the western usa, has no-one else seen this?

you MUST have 1.52 patch installed on your civ4 game to play it. Other way, ( i strongly recomend you to do it ) just wait a couple more days and new 1941 and 1961 scenario will be out with all new features and bugs fixes!

dont mean to pressure u but any luck with 1.61 as yet? im just eager to try before the weekend ends and work recommences.

I dont want to appear ungratful but those saves just let you enhabit empty lands, i thought going by the trailers countries etc were established? or am i being very stupid?

I'll start by a compliment, good job for all the units and technologies, the former look great.
your mod + scenarios have some potential, but, no offense MaxRiga, geographically this is disastrous,
I will not repeat the comments of others about Germany occupying spain etc...
but in Asia, you have japanese cities (I mean with japanese names) in the philippines and new guinea, Australia full of barbarians (should be british) india independant (should be british as well) the french are not even there.
To make this interesting, you should have at least france at some level, in 1941 there was the free france (De Gaulle) which roughly controlled north africa, the french antilles (west-indies), west and central africa and to some extent indochina. And the Vichy-France should be at least in control of south of france and french middle east (the equivalent of Syria-Lebanon now).
Additionally, I think for all people out there making scenarios based on historical facts, it would be better to try to correlate the size of the cities based on the populations at that time.

it takes a longass time to edit each city individually, and given the amount of research that it would take to, as you say Manuchan, "correlate the size of the cities based on the populations at that time", would be immense.
I think its amazing that MaxRiga made a scenario with such fast turn times. I've been unable to do that, but maybe i keep making too big maps. My only complaint is that he deleted several civs, and it ruined a worldbuildersave that I had been working on for about 50 hours.

it would be impossible to approach historical accuracy on a map of that size with that number of civs,
we should applaud MaxRiga.
Good Job. But we can keep working to improve it.

i just wish it would work, all i get is an empty map with missing cities but completed farms,mines, roads etc..

casey1966 said:
Max I decided to update to 1.61 for you. Here....http://members.cox.net/cas70/python.zip

Not to offend you thought I'd help. Open up MaxRigaMod : Assets : replace the python folder with the zip file.

I'm going to update some of Snaitfs mods since he's not been around awhile.

Hey, Max just replace the file with the one above,it works with your new version also. Great Work.

im not convinced the mod works cause sometimes when it loads up it says 'maxrigamod not a valid mod file' when i look at the file it is not divided into sub folders like xml and assets etc. It does still load though but does the above only .

Max...Scientific Method in the Technology Advisor screen has an error that says TXT_KEY_TECH_OBSOLETES_NO_LINK Its supposed to say "Obsoletes Monastery"....for the life of me I can't figure it out.:lol:

[COLOR_BUILDING_TEXT]Monasteries[COLOR_REVERT] obsolete. Any opinions?

I'm trying to help fix the text errors for ya....HELP!

Anyways I don't know why everyone has problems....:p

to manuchan
thank you for ur notes but jlocke is right, it's very hard to make pretty historical scenario on such a small map ( it's standard ). Usually i play HOI2 when want to have real world situation, but civ4 is game for fun .. same as u can't start play by america in 2000bc ;) unfortunately there is no scripts of civilization starting year, so, india is independent country in 1941 scenario since UK would be too powerful on this map if british owns it :(

to Zalcron
man, i'm really sorry but i really HAVE NO IDEA what's wrong with u . try to play other mods and see, do u have same problems or not. sorry for inconvenience.

to casey1966
thank you very much, going to make bug list on the first page with all notes of gamers.

to all
so, please, inform me if you see any bugs

should the scenario folder be divided into sub catogries? ie assets etc, if so then maybe i can organise it.

casey1966 said:
Max...Scientific Method in the Technology Advisor screen has an error that says TXT_KEY_TECH_OBSOLETES_NO_LINK Its supposed to say "Obsoletes Monastery"....for the life of me I can't figure it out.:lol:

[COLOR_BUILDING_TEXT]Monasteries[COLOR_REVERT] obsolete. Any opinions?

Here's a cleaned up text.Fixed & found the problem. http://members.cox.net/cas70/text.zip

Add & replace to MaxRigaMod/assets/xml/text

Jorge Rafael Videla is that the Argentine leader you don't have text for?Also who the heck is the pic for the Ayatollah Khomeini....

oh man, cool, thx
well, may be you can make my mod looks niceir? ;) i have no infos for new units and leaders since i have no idea how to insert the text. can you make this mod ? ;)

Argentine leader you don't have text for - same as for almost all of the leaders ....

Ayatollah Khomeini ???? who's that?

The Ayatollah is one of the leaders of several civilizations whom who removed from the civinfo.xml and now his image is some really crazy thing... Two people sitting in their living room I believe.

You made it so that its unplayable as Israel, Palestine, Yugoslavia and others are NOT able to be used with your mod. If you would like an updated version that includes the Civs that you cut out that were in the XX Century mod, I could provide you with that xml.

Top Bottom