1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ibcoltscrew

ibcoltscrew Chieftain

This is historical accurate in my opinion...:mischief: the USA did the same thing with Hitler and the Nazi... they did not declar war with the Coalition in 1939 (UK-Canada-France-etc etc) they have been waiting 2 years (1941), just after the attack of Japan on Pearl Harbor wich lead them into a war against the Nazi and the Italian. :lol:

2. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

yes, this is known bug and i have no idea how to fix it yet. transport car getting crazy with this buttons and it's hard to load and unload stuff. but it's very useful unit if map is big ( as in upcoming european scenariouse, for example ) so, we going to find the solution for this problem :)

you have very good point, may be to give fast workers to china and japan same as to india?

well, there is nothing suprisingly new if USSR won space race in 1975 in your game :))) Soviets were leading in space race till 80s . But any way, i got your point and there is nothing i can do since it's not hoi2 doomsday game but just civilization4 :) i've managed relationships between western world as +70-90 which means they all agree to make defensive packts etc. Also, if one country of def.pack attacks ( not under the attack ) another country then all def.packs of this country is brocken! it's not me but civ4 game :)

thx, any screens? :)

no no no, no upgrates at all in this mod :))) i can make it possible but i'm not doing it since it's impossible to upgrate ur f16 up to f35 in real, lol

because this guy was ruling for a long time, lol

i really need you help in descriptions of units and leaders, can you please do it? like if you open MIG3 information window you can' read stuff about it. i couldn't do that but i need it for every country at this perioud of time ( 1941 and 1961 ) and for all new units!

yes, i know, i will, thx

you are absolutely right, by the way, i have little video for you, check it out -
    http://www.luara.lv/downloads/montrealcity.zip

video of montreal city ;)

3. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

@maxriga

great scenarios but you should limit the helos to coastal tiles only..they can be come very powerful and transport helos wil replace any other form of transportation of units as they can easily cross the oceans and what not

4. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

have already been thinking about it and i'm waiting for cargo plane units. then i can let them deliver cargo all over the planet and limit cargo choppers delivery area ;)

5. leo crumb

leo crumb Chieftain

really good mod for those of us who like modern combat. Just one major issue, i'me having trouble reading the tech tree, is it suppose to look like that. one on top of the other, i can't read the tech or see the icons and prerequesits. how do i know what i need to research.

For example how do i research nuclear subs in the 1941 scenario, it tells me it needs computers as a pre-requisite but there is no button to research nuke subs, its written in the civilopedia but not the tree, except there seems to be a faded sub image under the a-10 tab.

What does this all mean... please explain the tech tree maxriga.

help!!

6. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

that was the problem, i didn't really know how to make the tech tree, so i put one on another. nuclear subs will be available ... in 50s for 1941 scenario or in 70s for 1961 scenario

7. leo crumb

leo crumb Chieftain

"will be available" as in you can't do it yet or you can.

8. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

it's already in scenario, and u can build it after u get the tech of nucler submarines.

9. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

Hey Max I finally played your mod.....& for some reason the armored car is'nt fuctioning properly.The thing won't add promotions or sleep.But it moves around the game fine & loads units...:lol:

When I select the unit the center screen is blank where I give the commands to the unit......

Fixed the problem was in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file.
    Your file:
    <Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARMORED_CAR</Type>
    <fScale>0.3</fScale>
    <fInterfaceScale>0.5</fInterfaceScale>
    <NIF>Art/Units/armoredcar/opel.nif</NIF>
    <KFM>Art/Units/Tank/Tank_FX.nif</KFM>

Fixed:
    <fScale>0.3</fScale>
    <fInterfaceScale>0.5</fInterfaceScale>
    <NIF>Art/Units/armoredcar/opel.nif</NIF>
    <KFM>Art/Units/ModernArmor/ModernArmor.kfm</KFM>

There was no reference to Art/Units/Tank/Tank_FX.nif.....surprised no one else has had the problem cause I've never messed with the Armored car files....

10. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

hi, yes, this bug is known one and i have no idea why it happanse! probably something wrong with the model!

11. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

Fixed it for you.....in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml located at Mods/MaxRigaMod/Assets/XML/art under

Replace <KFM> tag with this....copy paste...:lol:

<KFM>Art/Units/ModernArmor/ModernArmor.kfm</KFM>

Now I'm off to conquer the World see ya!

BTW would you prefer to have the gunships use rairoads.....Firaxed changed it to this with the 1.61 patch.

12. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

thx for fixing this bug ;)
    i don't understand what u mean ? if we start speaking about choppers, actually, i want to make mi24 , mi26, ka50 and chinook not crossing the ocean ( but let sea coast moving ). how to do that?

13. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

I've just started working on 1901 scenario. But i need some of your help, guys. If you are from Spain, Turkey, France, Japan, China or Egypt,
    please, send me picture, or better link on picture in internet, of the main government, or city most famous, building of the capitol of your country ( black and white or light yellow old paper color ). I need it for diplomacy window in civ4. Hope you will be proud to find the best picture of your country symbol and other will see it while playing the game ;) thx for helping

14. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

Max, can you also make something for the diplomacy window(color) for Spain, France, Turkey, and Italy for the WWII: Europe scenario if I provide you with some pictures because it uses your mod?:mischief:

Also, some suggestions for your update for the MaxRigaMod:
    -National anthem for diplo music
    -Costom music for Main menu
    -More improvements like trench, re-education camp, etc.
    -I will think of more later

15. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

sure, find pictures of governmant buildings of this nations and send it to my email in resolution 512 x 512 ( not one by one but all together ). pictures must be in jpg format !!!

good ... how to do that? lol

don't really think it's nesserely

sure, but how to do that? lol

don't forget to check the second post of this topic. i always writing news here about my updates ;)

p.s. have just inserted little animation picture on my mod site ( units page ) with su33 plane ... take a look, do u like it? lol

16. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

Yes I have

17. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

Can I send you the pictures in Bitmap Image format?

18. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

open Paint program (default in ur windows ) and save it as JPG

P.s only good quality beautiful pictures will be accepted ;) don't forget about 512x512

19. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

Ok I will do that

20. xxJFKxx

xxJFKxx Chieftain

1 america was trying to stay neutral, they followed a strictly national politic at this time ... that means no investigetions outside their own borders.

2 they supported UK with weapons and human resourches since the beginning of the 2nd WW

3 the USA did not declared war on germany/italy after perl harbor, hitler declared war on them and made an ally with japan

@max:

the mod is nice, for my taste not enough citys but its fast and fun to play, i am not sure if it is possible but it would be great to add some "milestones" into the 1941 scenario i.E that the UK gets some support troops and that its not so easy to make peace.