1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

working on 1961 scenario. i've taken another map and i've just finished testing the game. I haven't had any crash while testing this beta version of 1961, so, this map looks stable with the mod. Going to remove 1941 scenario on this map too. Unfortunately, there ia another little problem and I'm trying to fix it ( more info there ).
    please, look at the first post again, i've updated some news and units basic info.

2. Crash757

Crash757 Chieftain

Interesting mod u've made... :) Though i'd like to see more civs in it ;)

Also, maybe i'll promote this mod on Latvian gamesites a bit. But first i need to check if it doesn't contain any offending pro-soviet, pro-imperialist propoganda (by looking at your avatar i'm not sure about what could be in the mod, sorry, if i'm mistaking, but if i remember correctly, u even don't speak latvian, although u live here, lol).

3. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

sveiki

he he, you post has reminded me the "feelings" of national stuff in my country ))) i'm living in canada now, but i realy love my city where i'm from ))) take a look on my "One Day In Riga" video and show me any other none professional videos in internet about Riga or Latvia which made by "latvian speaking" ;) ( prata vetra's - welcome to my country is not in the list since it's professional )

about my mod, please, enjoy playing it. there whould be hard to find any propogandas but u can, if you really want )))) 13 civs is enough since I want to make this mod fas and good )))
    Actually I'm going to update it in week or so. There willbe new map ( the old one is crashing for unknown reasons ) and a lot of new features like unit balances settings etc. So, I advise you to wait a little before playing it ;)

P.S. nu kurieni tu esi? kada rajona rigaa?

4. SoI

SoI Chieftain

There is something with T-80 and M1A-their turret is on the level of the ground so they look a "little bit" strange...

5. Crash757

Crash757 Chieftain

Ok, now i understand u bit more... ;) I just was afraid u can be some from those that have pretty.. awry vision of all these national problems...
    I remeber your video, u posted it on Latforum, right ?
    Also, if u say, u're living in Canada now, then it pretty much shows what kind u are and i won't try to find some undesirable propoganda in your mod, as i more or less trust u now in these matters...
    ...and for know i can't test the mod myself anyway, sth not working with my civ4 instalation, patch doesn't work x_x

Esmu no Rīgas, no Purvciema, tāpēc arī tā pavairāk izjūtu to PSRS mantojumu uz savas ādas un esmu jūtīgs uz šitādām lietām ;)

6. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

this bug is fixed in upcoming version ;)
    wait a couple of days and the mod will be better, more interesting and nicer ;)

i'm living in canda for not a long time, and i'm russian. but telling u, there is the same problem in quebec between french and english as between us in latvia ( russians-latvians ) ;)

P.S. Es asmu ari no Pur4ika un tapat es domaju ka tev bus ari interesanti paskatiet WAR AFTER WAR ;)

7. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

have just finished testing upcoming 1961 ColdWar scenario.
    The game was fantasticly interesting. The world is splited on pro-Soviet and pro-American sides and it's quite balanced ( no silly wars ).
    there are some pictures of the game i had.

Attached Files:

8. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

I tried using my current xml editor but it does'nt support utf-16. Trying to fix the errors on load. What editor would you suggest.

9. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

eee .... i haven't been using any editors at all :))) so, sry, can't help u in this as i don't even understand, what are u talking about !

10. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

I got it fixed....took a little work. I was talking about the XML files in your mod. TECH_COMMUNISM is TECH_UTOPIA since the 1.61 patch. FORBIDDEN_PALACE is GREAT_PALACE.THREEGORGESDAM is called GREAT_DAM. You'll get error messages when loading the mod if not changed in the files. You might want to update your mod for everyone.

I commend the great work you put into this mod,thanks alot for all the different types of units.:goodjob:

Hey,1200 production & 500 for a worker:eek: Sorry I had to change this....:lol:

11. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

oh, the mod is for 1.52, this why this mistakes are still in the mod. gonna be fix after i get the patch.
    i strongly recomend do not change anything, since workers must cost so much. let's imagine bulding up a city ( cottage ) or a mine industry of uran. It's not cheap for any country and take slot of time and money. This why workers must cost more expensive ;)

12. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

13. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Good video:goodjob:

14. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

Hey Max when are you updating to be compatable with patch 1.61? Just wandering cause I need it & everyone else already has probably installed the 1.61 patch,so it makes it a bit of hassle to play your mod.

Great work on this though....

15. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

i'm waiting to get my civ4 cd back, lol, and right after it ( aproxm after 12-13 of May ) i will install the patch upload it on my site.
    The scenarios ( 1961 and 1941 on new map ) are done. I've tested it by playing for all mayor superpowers and it was really fun ;) All bugs are fixed, no more crashes and all this new units are just fantastic. So, stay tuned or advise me what alse i can add into the mod to make it better for u ;)

P.S Russian Akula SSn has just been added into my mod as Specific unit for USSR :)))

16. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

please help the ww2 one wont load up it says 'not a valid mod file' please help?

17. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Chieftain

do u have 1.52 or 1.61 patch installed on ur civ4 game?
    did u put MaxRigaMod folder into Mods?

18. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

yes to all questions i have 1.61 and the maximod folder is in mods. I noticed though that unlike the other mod folders it is not organized into mini folders, would this make a difference?

19. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

its wierd whenever i load up it goes to the screen and i can only pick usa or india and nothng else, the map is empty apart from them.

20. casey1966

casey1966 Chieftain

Max I decided to update to 1.61 for you. Here....http://members.cox.net/cas70/python.zip

Not to offend you thought I'd help. Open up MaxRigaMod : Assets : replace the python folder with the zip file.

I'm going to update some of Snaitfs mods since he's not been around awhile.